PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official CALM THE HELL DOWN thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: It could be worse you know .....

grooverider this is the second bad game in a row. People are concerned about how inept this team is on both sides of the ball. The offense is lost and their defense has no playmakers and has put zero pressure on the QB. I know it is supposed to be "In Bill we trust." but at some point we need to question what the hell he is doing.

I totally agree. This team has never started slowly, and certainly never improved as the season went on.

As the old saying in football goes, "how you look in week 2 is the same as you'll look in week 16."

I guess I'll just start scouting now for that NYJ/Denver AFCCG.

I totally agree. This team has never started slowly, and certainly never improved as the season went on.

As the old saying in football goes, "how you look in week 2 is the same as you'll look in week 16."
That adage is old and not correct...missed the Giants in 07 the Cardinals, Indy last year and I am sure many other teams. If anything that is totally false.
Actually this team has started slow..or do you not remember 01..and 03?? Also this is the first time this team has had Brady coming back from a severe injury...maybe that doesn't matter...

I guess I'll just start scouting now for that NYJ/Denver AFCCG.

:rofl: Ok, this made me laugh...

That adage is old and not correct...missed the Giants in 07 the Cardinals, Indy last year and I am sure many other teams. If anything that is totally false.
Actually this team has started slow..or do you not remember 01..and 03?? Also this is the first time this team has had Brady coming back from a severe injury...maybe that doesn't matter...

Your sarcasm meter broken or what?

He was being sarcastic.

September counts for relatively little. Obviously games count towards playoff spots, and last year should be a good reminder that very little may separate the teams that make the playoffs from those that don't. But overall, how one does in December is much more important than September. Recent SBs are full of teams which peaked late, some of whom barely made the playoffs to begin with.

I think the last line in his post is the giveaway.

Spot on. The 2003 team lost to a Redskins team that would go 5-11. They were 2-2 at that point and then they ran the table.

Stranger things have happened.

This game was a wakeup call. Let's see if they wake up.

I think you missed the sarcasm..

We lost, fair and square (mostly), to the better team today. The offense still needs to get their act together, they need to get Welker back and the OL needs to do a better job. The D, which we all worried about so much, did a solid job and will, one hopes, improve as much as possible until Mayo gets back and the youngsters/new vets get the system in their bones.

If you want to throw a hissy about Galloway being a waste of space, go right ahead. I understand. But this team just has to make the playoffs. By then it will look much different, and much better, than it does now. In the long run, there is NO REASON to worry about this team's ability to score points. They will score. A lot. Just not today, and that stinks and all, but in the grand scheme, we'll be okay. We shall overcome.

Breathe...

You got called out at JetsInsider ... :eek:
Patsfan.com panicking? Oh how things change - Jets Insider.com Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey