PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official CALM THE HELL DOWN thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
About it being Bradys second game of the year, its true but step backward is not comforting.

This was a far superior D to the one he faced last week, though. He moved well around the pocket and escaped alot of pressure. It seems like he's close to clicking. You can see it happening sometimes, it's just not consistent yet.

I did hear that almighty one... That is why every division game is crucial , you need to win the division games.. And this was the first time in the Belichick era we were out coached with tom brady at the controls.. 4 Delay of game penalty's??? We will bounce back, but I think we need to temper the expectations.. We beat ourselves today, not the jets beat us... Your not going to win , too many games with 50 pass att.. We need to start having some balence... And the D has not been the same since 04... Sorry that is a fact... Our Offense hid our defense liablilites in 07..

Maybe I haven't made it clear here, and if that's the case, I'm sorry. I lay this defeat at the doorstep of the OL, the coaching staff and Joey Galloway, in that order. Brady's in the mix, too.

My point, which I hope a good, veteran poster like yourself would be able to make out through the haze, is NOT that it's not important to win division games - of course it is. It's that there is absolutely NO WAY this offense is going to be bad this year. And there isn't.

If this defense continues to give up under 20 points, the team is going to win a lot of games by double-digits. That, my friend, is a fact.

Im also tired on how this offensive line is the greatest thing since sliced bread.. Against a physcial defense they cant give brady any time... And they also are horrible run block ...

Yes Mayo is out , Welker was out, but again where was Derrick Burgess and Adalius Thomas today.. 2 key players on D... The d played ok today, but the jets made the adj in second half..

Bottom line this team is a work in progress... And really disapointed in the second half adjustments by Belichick ...

You are sugar coating this situation. Without the grace of God and Leotis McKelvin, the Patriots would be 0-2 and at the bottom of AFC East. They
may have their worst team since 2000. The reason is understandable.
They have lost too many good coaches and players from their championship
teams: Crennel, Weis, Mangini, McDaniels, Harrison, Wilson, Law, Samuels,
Vrabel, T.Johnson, Bruschi, McGinest, Phifer, Colvin, Seymour, A. Smith.
Dillon, Andruzzi, Woody, D. Graham, T. Brown, Branch, Givens, and Vinatieri.
Their replacements do not share their legacy of winning three Superbowls.

Oh come ON. This team came within 2 minutes of going 19-0 without the majority of that list. Good God, now it's the top-notch veteran posters worrying themselves to death. Give me a break.

Maybe I haven't made it clear here, and if that's the case, I'm sorry. I lay this defeat at the doorstep of the OL, the coaching staff and Joey Galloway, in that order. Brady's in the mix, too.

My point, which I hope a good, veteran poster like yourself would be able to make out through the haze, is NOT that it's not important to win division games - of course it is. It's that there is absolutely NO WAY this offense is going to be bad this year. And there isn't.

If this defense continues to give up under 20 points, the team is going to win a lot of games by double-digits. That, my friend, is a fact.

O line correct, they have not been good since I think the Jag playoff game... that is a good point..

The defense should give up 16 points, against a rookie Qb.. But where is the pass rush, I have not seen it since oh I dont know..

The offense is a work in progress, but if the oline continues to play like that , we wont be scoring alot of points.. sorry,

Yes Mayo is out , Welker was out, but again where was Derrick Burgess and Adalius Thomas today.. 2 key players on D... The d played ok today, but the jets made the adj in second half..

Bottom line this team is a work in progress... And really disapointed in the second half adjustments by Belichick ...

I understand, and share, your frustration, but the idea that the D played horribly or is to blame for this loss, is silly. They only gave up 16 points. And, yes, Burgess and Thomas were pretty poor, as far as I could tell. But, again...16 points.

This loss is on the offense - period. Call it Brady, call it the OL, call it Galloway, call it, most of all please, Belichick and O'Brien. But no one here, especially smart posters like you, thinks that the offense will be this bad all season. Be patient. It'll be scoring in bunches before the first half of the season ends, and all we have to do is get to the playoffs.

The team misses Josh as has been stated in other threads. That being said Josh sucked in the beginning also if I remember correctly ... we'll be fine if we just make a better effort at running a bit more ... especially on 3rd down ... we pass way too much on 3rd down with less than 5 to go.

Is this the worry wart line??? seems like it's like a disease..now with veteran posters catching it...Lucky I had a vaccinaton....it's catching!!

This was Brady's second game in a year and a half and he was without his safety valve. Chillax y'all, they'll be fine.

QFT. Next week will be much better. Falcons gonna get hurt.

I understand, and share, your frustration, but the idea that the D played horribly or is to blame for this loss, is silly. They only gave up 16 points. And, yes, Burgess and Thomas were pretty poor, as far as I could tell. But, again...16 points.

This loss is on the offense - period. Call it Brady, call it the OL, call it Galloway, call it, most of all please, Belichick and O'Brien. But no one here, especially smart posters like you, thinks that the offense will be this bad all season. Be patient. It'll be scoring in bunches before the first half of the season ends, and all we have to do is get to the playoffs.

I m not going to blame the D, its just there is just no pass rush none... But where is Matthews the Tight end from the giants , and kendall simmons, they were brought here to block and to give brady more time .. The O line is the fault of this one as it was in the super bowl..

It all starts and end with the OL. If they don't get better its a long year.

The Pats are by NO MEANS done. Brady is still rusty and MAYO,Welker out dont help. Great win for the JETS, but its a long season. I fully expect the patriots to be right there when the dust settles. Until Brady and Belichick are gone, the pats still have a shot.

What a strange season so far when Jet fans are coming here with more positive posts then the Patriots fans.

Last edited:
I m not going to blame the D, its just there is just no pass rush none... But where is Matthews the Tight end from the giants , and kendall simmons, they were brought here to block and to give brady more time .. The O line is the fault of this one as it was in the super bowl..

Matthews and Simmons just got here, and I prefer BB and company keep the guys in who know the scheme. If Matthews continues to be off the 45-man roster, then that's a concern. As for Simmons, wouldn't mind seeing if he's ready to go. The OL can use all the help it can get.

After every loss , every year, it's the ame post. "The play calling', the OL, "can't make a stop",blah blah, blah.

This game should have been put away in the first half. The one who didn't do that is my hero for life, Tom Brady. He missed open receivers , Endleman & Galloway, for TD's on separate trips down the field. And, he did not have pressure on him either time.

Tom Brady is still a great QB and we should be thankful every friggin day that we have him as our QB. But he is human and today he was off, that's it.

The defense gave up 1 TD and they did come up with a stop at the end of the game. The OL did a good job mostly. The play calling was not bad, it was the execution.

Get a grip! We lost a game to one of the most hated teams. Accept it and get over it. I do wish someone would come up with something original rather than the same old tired blame game.

Last edited:
What a strange season so far when Jet fans are coming here with more positive posts then the Patriots fans.

Goes to show how spoiled we've become. 20 years ago Id be thrilled after a game like today.

Now I know you were watching another game. They got more than sufficient pressure on Sanchez until the ST put them on a short field coming out of the halftime break where Dean Pees had lost his momentary nerve. They got back at him later and held them to a FG.

But I don't know why we waste time arguing with you and Jimke and a handful of others who are litterally the chicken little corps ready to turn tale and run after every loss.

Goes to show how spoiled we've become. 20 years ago Id be thrilled after a game like today.

Maybe you would have been. I hate to lose to the Jets. And I hated to lose to them 20 years ago, too.

Moreover, I hate that I have to listen to Mike Greenberg tomorrow AM on my way to work as he tells us that the Jets are going to the Superbowl and Sanchez is a HOF lock already.

The silver lining is that it's week 2, Greeny says this every year about his Jets at this time of year, and the Pats are definitely going to improve as the season progresses. I'm sill very optimistic that this year will be another one where the Pats start slow and finish strong, and the Jets fade at the end when it matters.

Last edited:
Oh come ON. This team came within 2 minutes of going 19-0 without the majority of that list. Good God, now it's the top-notch veteran posters worrying themselves to death. Give me a break.

I think that we will be able to assess the Patriot's chances for the

playoffs before the bye week. They play the Falcons, Ravens, and

Titans during this time. Luckily all of these are home games. If the

Patriots play like they have the past two games, they will lose all

of them. I have tickets for Sunday's game and I will do my part

rooting for them.

Now I know you were watching another game. They got more than sufficient pressure on Sanchez until the ST put them on a short field coming out of the halftime break where Dean Pees had lost his momentary nerve. They got back at him later and held them to a FG.

But I don't know why we waste time arguing with you and Jimke and a handful of others who are litterally the chicken little corps ready to turn tale and run after every loss.

Hold on, Im not ready to run, but my question was where was the Burgess and Thomas , who buy the way gave a boat load of money too... There was no pressure on sanchez, no blitzing, come on now.. Yeah they had a short field, but where is the physical Pats defense that Belichcik has been so famous for, that is all Im asking... And they were also so good at second half adjustments.. I have not seen it .. Again its a long season, but there are just more questions than answers FOR RIGHT NOW....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes