Welcome to PatsFans.com

the "offical" time to take a break from patsfans

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by A.C Vegas, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I can here after the game when i should have known better. I know we lost and it sucks and there is nothing wrong with saying what was negative but why does it have to be so one sided.

SO after tonight i am taking a week off from here and wait for the bandwagon to thinn out and have a real legitimate two sides dicussion about the future of the team
  2. JFK

JFK Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Ok........
  3. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Thank God you told us you were going away. I know I would have worried...:D
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -2

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    Yeah, I'm giving it some serious thought too. Unfortunately I have to work tonight and need an outlet to rant to.
  5. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I am sure i am not the only poster that wants to take a break
  6. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

hide your kids, hide your wife...cuz everybody freakin out around here.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
  7. 54Bubba54

54Bubba54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Now thats funny!
  8. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'd been away since the Browns game. We started winning so I stayed away on purpose for luck to keep the streak going. I completely expected some major disappointment on the board but not some of the stuff that's on here.
  9. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Nah, this place is therapudic for me. I don't live in NE, and I don't have any friends here that are Pats fans. So, I talk with you guys.

No breaks for me (as if anyone gives a sh!t)
  10. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

kinda same for me. no sportshows/tv for a few days. or local pats friends to chat with but the board it is. but i dont think iam going to post anying about the game. just too many silly reactions which get bother me so better to refrain for a while
  11. tests

tests Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

imo, the australian open will get my mind off of things.

the worst part of this loss is that it came at the hands of the jets IN foxborough...

o well, hopefully federers can win his 18th slam!
  12. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm staying, still love the Pats and I got a lot on my mind.
  13. Mike in 333

Mike in 333 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'll be checking in but I'm more of a lurker than a poster and it's always a good place to a sense of what "Pats Fans" are thinking. I won't be watching any sports TV or listening to local sports radio, no interest in listening to Rex, LT, Antonio, Bart or anyone sucking up to them. I really, really dislike the Jets and I know I'll be around kindred spirits here.
  14. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Think I'll hang here for another week. That way I can read all the "Bradys lost it", "BBs lost it", "o-line sucks", and "need a new OC" threads ;)
  15. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm staying off footballsfuture for the next month or so. After the game, there were at least 15 anti-Patriots threads. I'm not putting up with that from people who are as dumb as Antonio Cromartie. I think PatsFans is of high-enough quality that I can stick around.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  16. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Well the pressure of hoping the Pats don't lose is finally over, and time for pitchers and catchers and hoping that Garnett's knee holds up---hey its worse in other cities :) As a fan, just simply waiting for this darn game took hours off my life---lots of hype and lots of pressure as a fan. Now it's over and we can reflect and hope PIT beats these clowns.

If NYJ loses to PIT and PIT loses to GB, that's somewhat a consolation. What a letdown it would be for NYJ if they lose to PIT after beating Peyton and Brady both on the road.
  17. sevengables_2207

sevengables_2207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I plan on being on here every now and then, as I also live out of state, so this site is a great way for me to keep tabs on the pulse of Patriots Nation in the New England area.
  18. #56300ex

#56300ex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'll still be here. It was a good place to be after that "other" game and that was waaaaay worse than this.
  19. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

We'll see. If I keep seeing Jets plays when I close my eyes to go to sleep in a few minutes, then they are on the same level. I sh!t you not, every time I closed my eyes to fall asleep that night I saw Plax's catch.
  20. #56300ex

#56300ex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I was just comparing how I felt after the 2 games. Yes, this sucks bad, but I had a bad feeling about this one all week and maybe I mentally prepared myself. The "other" game shocked me to the core.
  21. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    NO problem from me , personal aside... , but lets keep accepting medocrity... i said this team needed to beat the jets before it was focusing on the colts... but what happend we let the jets beat us.... time to step aside... but the others on here acept medoricity.. whatever... keep acepting it....
  22. Beecke

Beecke PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I am amazed every time how emotionally invested I get in these games. After that debacle yesterday I just feel flat. I don´t want another 16 game regular season to go through before hopefully being able to compete in the playoffs again.

As long as BB and TB will be here I will never quite be able to enjoy the sucess of this team even without winning the big one, I just always feel they have it in themselves to do something special.

Anyway. It was a great regular season and despite yesterday we should be happy cheering on a team that consistently is among the best, other teams have none of that. However, I need a break from football to regain my enthusiasm and with a good draft coming up I hope we reload and improve further. At the moment I just need to leave it, though.
  23. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

And exactly what are YOU going to do to stop "acepting medoricity", Sean? Start a bunch of threads here yelling "I WON'T STAND FOR IT!"? Stop posting? Stop watching?

Some of the reactions are so ridiculous.
  24. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

I agree with the OP. It sucks we lost, and I am mourning what could have been this morning, but the players, particularly the vets, must be feeling 100x worse. I watch the Pats for fun and escapism. If I want negativity, I can just pay more attention at my job, which now that I have to avoid football sites for a while, shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Pats for a wonderful year, despite the big letdown at the end. I still feel lucky to be a fan of this team, and I will see you guys in a while, after the suicide days have passed.
  25. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Agreed. Apparently our presence is graced by a captain of industry who has dominated commerce or some other professional sport and sees parallels to the Patriots. With posts indicating fans are 'losers' who tolerate 'mediocrity', I trust he holds himself to that standard in life and isn't just throwing a tantrum typical of a toddler when denied his favorite toy. Sean really does need to take a chill pill rather than posting these ridiculous diatribes after losses. He has become the poster child for irrational tirades.

Losses are not pleasant, and oftentimes are painful. This is one of those losses. If Sean was calling the Saints the new guard after the loss last year (and I believe he was), and identifying them as a better team than the Pats, I wonder how his rational mind rationalizes their loss this year. Or the Falcons? These are not bad teams, yet they lost.

This is the NFL. It is a privilege to make it to the playoffs, and a rare prize to win it all. Everything has to click at the right time (execution, injuries, game plan, etc.) or it's over, with mistake-free play for 3 or 4 consecutive wins against the best opponents the NFL has to offer. If winning it all is a fan's expectation (I agree it should be every NFL team's expectation) rather than a "wouldn't it be great" dream that makes him/her watch and cheer a team every week, then that 'fan' will be a miserable soul indeed. There are simply too many variables in a football game, and many of those are in the hands of an opposing team. Victory is never certain, just more probable than losing. As the Pats proved against the Rams in 2001, the best team over a season doesn't always win and the improbable outcome can become reality.
  26. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    Sometimes stepping away is the best thing. However that may leave to board to the "what have you done for me lately crowd".

I'm still angry and bitter over the loss. But it's the way that you deal with it that's important. In my mind the Patriots beat the Patriots yesterday and that is hard to accept.

But let's put everything in prospective in regards to what this team has given to us over the past 10 years. We all want the team to win the SB every year. Expecting that is not very realistic.

Some have said that they are done here for good. I'm hoping a few more selected posters will follow. Here is a going away song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYsO890YJY
  27. MassPats38

MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

May I offer an alternative song featuring Bill Parcells?
  28. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

#17 Jersey
    I'm sitting here right now watching it again, and it's definitely frustrating - especially when you consider what a missed opportunity this was, along with the fact that we may not even see football until October or November depending on what happens with the lockout. But life goes on, and we'll get through it.

I'm moderating new members until the dust settles, which is why you didn't see us get invaded by Jets fans (and other teams) overnight. But try and hang in there and realize that we're all disappointed, but let's try and stick together so that we can obviously get through what will likely be a long offseason.
  29. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#15 Jersey
  30. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#61 Jersey
    Ian -- a big thank you for keeping the Jets trolls out of here last night. It would have compounded the misery.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.