PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

the "offical" time to take a break from patsfans

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO problem from me , personal aside... , but lets keep accepting medocrity... i said this team needed to beat the jets before it was focusing on the colts... but what happend we let the jets beat us.... time to step aside... but the others on here acept medoricity.. whatever... keep acepting it....

I am amazed every time how emotionally invested I get in these games. After that debacle yesterday I just feel flat. I don´t want another 16 game regular season to go through before hopefully being able to compete in the playoffs again.

As long as BB and TB will be here I will never quite be able to enjoy the sucess of this team even without winning the big one, I just always feel they have it in themselves to do something special.

Anyway. It was a great regular season and despite yesterday we should be happy cheering on a team that consistently is among the best, other teams have none of that. However, I need a break from football to regain my enthusiasm and with a good draft coming up I hope we reload and improve further. At the moment I just need to leave it, though.

Last edited:
NO problem from me , personal aside... , but lets keep accepting medocrity... i said this team needed to beat the jets before it was focusing on the colts... but what happend we let the jets beat us.... time to step aside... but the others on here acept medoricity.. whatever... keep acepting it....

And exactly what are YOU going to do to stop "acepting medoricity", Sean? Start a bunch of threads here yelling "I WON'T STAND FOR IT!"? Stop posting? Stop watching?

Some of the reactions are so ridiculous.

I agree with the OP. It sucks we lost, and I am mourning what could have been this morning, but the players, particularly the vets, must be feeling 100x worse. I watch the Pats for fun and escapism. If I want negativity, I can just pay more attention at my job, which now that I have to avoid football sites for a while, shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Pats for a wonderful year, despite the big letdown at the end. I still feel lucky to be a fan of this team, and I will see you guys in a while, after the suicide days have passed.

And exactly what are YOU going to do to stop "acepting medoricity", Sean? Start a bunch of threads here yelling "I WON'T STAND FOR IT!"? Stop posting? Stop watching?

Some of the reactions are so ridiculous.

Agreed. Apparently our presence is graced by a captain of industry who has dominated commerce or some other professional sport and sees parallels to the Patriots. With posts indicating fans are 'losers' who tolerate 'mediocrity', I trust he holds himself to that standard in life and isn't just throwing a tantrum typical of a toddler when denied his favorite toy. Sean really does need to take a chill pill rather than posting these ridiculous diatribes after losses. He has become the poster child for irrational tirades.

Losses are not pleasant, and oftentimes are painful. This is one of those losses. If Sean was calling the Saints the new guard after the loss last year (and I believe he was), and identifying them as a better team than the Pats, I wonder how his rational mind rationalizes their loss this year. Or the Falcons? These are not bad teams, yet they lost.

This is the NFL. It is a privilege to make it to the playoffs, and a rare prize to win it all. Everything has to click at the right time (execution, injuries, game plan, etc.) or it's over, with mistake-free play for 3 or 4 consecutive wins against the best opponents the NFL has to offer. If winning it all is a fan's expectation (I agree it should be every NFL team's expectation) rather than a "wouldn't it be great" dream that makes him/her watch and cheer a team every week, then that 'fan' will be a miserable soul indeed. There are simply too many variables in a football game, and many of those are in the hands of an opposing team. Victory is never certain, just more probable than losing. As the Pats proved against the Rams in 2001, the best team over a season doesn't always win and the improbable outcome can become reality.

Last edited:
Sometimes stepping away is the best thing. However that may leave to board to the "what have you done for me lately crowd".

I'm still angry and bitter over the loss. But it's the way that you deal with it that's important. In my mind the Patriots beat the Patriots yesterday and that is hard to accept.

But let's put everything in prospective in regards to what this team has given to us over the past 10 years. We all want the team to win the SB every year. Expecting that is not very realistic.

Some have said that they are done here for good. I'm hoping a few more selected posters will follow. Here is a going away song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYsO890YJY

Last edited:
Sometimes stepping away is the best thing. However that may leave to board to the "what have you done for me lately crowd".

I'm still angry and bitter over the loss. But it's the way that you deal with it that's important. In my mind the Patriots beat the Patriots yesterday and that is hard to accept.

But let's put everything in prospective in regards to what this team has given to us over the past 10 years. We all want the team to win the SB every year. Expecting that is not very realistic.

Some have said that they are done here for good. I'm hoping a few more selected posters will follow. Here is a going away song.

YouTube - Dale Evans & Roy Rogers

May I offer an alternative song featuring Bill Parcells?

I'm sitting here right now watching it again, and it's definitely frustrating - especially when you consider what a missed opportunity this was, along with the fact that we may not even see football until October or November depending on what happens with the lockout. But life goes on, and we'll get through it.

I'm moderating new members until the dust settles, which is why you didn't see us get invaded by Jets fans (and other teams) overnight. But try and hang in there and realize that we're all disappointed, but let's try and stick together so that we can obviously get through what will likely be a long offseason.

Last edited:
I'm sitting here right now watching it again, and it's definitely frustrating - especially when you consider what a missed opportunity this was, along with the fact that we may not even see football until October or November depending on what happens with the lockout. But life goes on, and we'll get through it.

I'm moderating new members until the dust settles, which is why you didn't see us get invaded by Jets fans (and other teams) overnight. But try and hang in there and realize that we're all disappointed, but let's try and stick together so that we can obviously get through what will likely be a long offseason.

Ian -- a big thank you for keeping the Jets trolls out of here last night. It would have compounded the misery.

THANK GAWD u did that Ian....only thing worse than losing to that obnoxious scumbag team...is having their obnoxious jacks$$ fans rubbing salt in wound! Great job as always Ian!

I now I know why I left footballsfuture. Got into an argument about how Cam Jordan doesn't fit the defensive scheme, and I got compared to Todd McShay >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back