PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The offense could be better than 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, Cassel was a flash in the pan 1 year wonder. He caught lightning in a bottle and the whole team rallied around him. Essentially, the final 4 games were a "last hurrah" of sorts. In any NORMAL year (where the franchise qb does not go down in game one) last years team would have finished 9-7. Sorry but its true.

By the way Andy Johnson, if you think Cassel is even close to Brady's level then I think you need to have your pats fan status revoked. Notice how cassel could only succeed out of shotgun formations? When he was under center he rushed his reads and lost track of his primary definition. He was also VERY RELUCTANT to force a ball into a tight window (get some balls cassel). He was almost useless whenever the pocket was muddied or crowded. And his deep ball accuracy was laughably bad.

We will all see him for what he really is next year. A one year wonder who caught lightning in a bottle.

You need to read a little closer.
Im the one arguing that it you would be happy with a 1 game improvement this year, you are nuts.

And I am not ignoring history, I am downplaying it because for example a team with Miami on their schedule last year had an easy schedule with a 1-15 patsy the week they played the AFCE champs.

If you're going to do this, then no analysis or speculation is ever worth doing. If you can't find a baseline, you have no basis for discussion. That's because, again, you're just making crap up at that point.

Also, I am actually looking at the football teams instead of doing a math problem. You can put up all the numbers you want about the NFCW and NFCS and will continue to tell you that none of those 8 teams are in our class, and it doesnt really matter what their combined records are, we are going to do about equally as well against either. You are adding up cumulative records, and I am looking at FACTS that the Patriots, especially with Brady, almost never lose to mediocre or bad teams. The fact that the NFCS is full of mediocre teams and the NFCW bad ones makes it statistically appear like a tougher schedule, but the reality is that none of the 8 are good enough to beat us unless we play horribly.
In other words, I don't say 8-8 is a tougher schedule than 4-12, FOR THE PATRIOTS because they will almost never lose to either team.

You aren't looking at teams at all. You're CLAIMING to look at them, but clearly ignoring them. You think the Patriots would have beaten all those team you listed. The only way that makes sense is if you're not actually looking at the teams. Furthermore, your last sentence is just ridiculous. I expect that sort of logic from Jets fans, but not from an intelligent Patriots fan.

For the record, in 2006, the 4 losses came against the Colts (12), Jets (10), Dolphins (6) and Broncos (9), and only the Colts won more than 10 games that season. The reality is that the Patriots haven't lost a lot of games this decade in general, and it's skewing both your arguments and your thought process.

Last edited:
I thought the '08 pats would be better than the '07 pats and look how that prediction turned out....

12-4 might be good enough to eke us into the playoffs, and that's all I care about.

Whoever edited the first two posts forgot to edit the 5th one.

This year's offense could be greater than the GREATEST OFFENSE OF ALL TIME?

Look, I like to take the optimistic view, but this is a far STRETCH.

Call me if the Pats end up acquiring TO, Tony Gonzo, or Chad Johnson, then we'll rediscuss (but it would still be a reach).

At the outset of a season, my position for a long time was that it is pure hubris to predict better than 12-4. Maybe -- MAYBE -- you can predict 13-3.

And 2007 is in the books at 16-0.

So I wish them luck. When they pull into 2007's driveway, 2007 me will be standing there in a tuxedo waitin on my bride. Or something.

At the outset of a season, my position for a long time was that it is pure hubris to predict better than 12-4. Maybe -- MAYBE -- you can predict 13-3.

And 2007 is in the books at 16-0.

So I wish them luck. When they pull into 2007's driveway, 2007 me will be standing there in a tuxedo waitin on my bride. Or something.

Who are you, Mercury Morris?

IWe also kept hearing all last off-season how brutal our 2008 schedule was going to be.

From whom and when?? I find this hard to believe that this is actually true or even close to being true.

Who are you, Mercury Morris?

It was not done by me but through me. Arugh? What's this pipe doing here? I don't smoke a pipe...

My memory isnt based on one post someone made.
As soon as Brady was injured the most typical post on this board proclaimed how screwed we were and how could we have any hope with no Brady and a BRUTAL schedule.
-

Above you wrote:"We also kept hearing all last off-season how brutal our 2008 schedule was going to be." Brady was injured during the regular season.

I am just going to go and the record with the safest pick in the history of predictions.

No way in hell do the 2009 Patriots score close to 600 points. The offense is good but if I remember Brady is coming off a major injury, I don't expect him to immediately be at HOF form.

Sign TO for veteran minimum and I will rethink my position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News