PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Legend of Tommy Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's separate the two.

IN THE CONTEXT OF THE SEASON
Belichick will make the adjustments he needs to make, especially on defense. This coould take half a season. He will add a front seven player if he judges we need help. And, belichick will ahve the team ready for the playoffs.

THE ONE GAME
It is always fun to win. How much fun would you have had if the Buffalo returner had downed the ball in the endzone and we had lost? Surely all the great things about the game didn't take place in the last drive. Somehow, it weren't for the last drive, I suspect that you would view the rest of the game differently.

Sometimes you have to take a step back and appreciate a game for itself without putting into the context of the larger season. Of course you can look at the game and point out the problems that make you worry about the larger season or say that it was against an inferior opponent, but take some time and enjoy what you just saw. That was a fun win and it will transend the context of this season. It will be one of the moments that we fans will always point to, "remember that time Tommy brought us back down 11 to the bills with less then 3 min to play?". By that time the season will be done and gone and this game will have relatively little meaning in that sense. Who cares if it was against an awful team. It was still remarkable and fun to watch.

I was in a foul mood coming up to the two minute mark, as we were kicking off to BUF. My wife walks in the room right as we recover the fumble, and I turned to her and said "there is no way we lose this game now". There was never a doubt in my mind TB would march them down the field and score.

Like a poster said the only thing I was worried about was scoring too quickly, and giving Buffalo time to march down and repay the favor.

It is worth repeating that 'Tom Brady' absolutely lit up the twitter boards with two minutes left in the game.

Everybody that does not love him hates him because they all know he is a football god. :D

When we recovered the fumble on the kickoff all I was thinking of is I hope we don't score too fast! The thought that TB wouldn't score a game winning touchdown for us in that situation never even crossed my mind.

It's funny. I too knew TB would score. That was pretty given. I did not have the same fear you did. When Bills took over, my dad (watching the game with me), said, "50 secs, with 2 TOs and only needing a FG, too much time left".

At the time there the TV went to a close up of Edwards...... I knew it, they weren't gonna score. You could see the shell-shocked look had not worn off. Brady had that same 'look' at the end of the 2007 SB. I thought is was very uncharacteristic of Brady back then. It looked natural on Edwards. Don't get me wrong, I was impressed by Edwards, he played well, he just did not have it in him to make it happen. His o-line did not help him either.

That, my fellow Planeteers, is the stuff of greatness.

I just hope that despite how badly the team played at times tonight it's not lost on us what we were all fortunate enough to witness tonight. IMO, one of those rare moments in sports on par with a flu ridden Michael Jordan going out and beating Utah through the sheer force of his will.

Long live the legend of Tommy Brady!

tfb-large.jpg

This "Tom Brady = Legend" post was from last year, I am sure there have been 2-3 every year.

We are damn lucky to watch this guy, these are the glory days. He is Ted Williams, Larry Bird and Bobby Orr rolled into one.

Last edited:
This "Tom Brady = Legend" post was from last year, I am sure there have been 2-3 every year.

We are damn lucky to watch this guy, these are the glory days. He is Ted Williams, Larry Bird and Bobby Orr rolled into one.

Hey, I watched Bobby Orr and Tom Brady is no Bobby Orr. (A defenseman winning the scoring title? Now that is sick. :eek:) He'll just have to settle for being Tom Brady.

I am worried about TB only throwing 4 ints:You know he is due to throw some picks.:(

I am worried about TB only throwing 4 ints:You know he is due to throw some picks.:(

He only threw 8 in the wide open offense of 2007. The guy is dialed in right now.

Hey, I watched Bobby Orr and Tom Brady is no Bobby Orr. (A defenseman winning the scoring title? Now that is sick. :eek:) He'll just have to settle for being Tom Brady.

I agree with you because if Tom Brady was Bobby Orr then he wouldn't be playing QB right now. Seriously though, TB is on the tier of Bird, Orr, Williams, and Russell! If he wins another SB, IMO he is the GOAT.

He is in the zone right now, and not forcing any throws this season. WRs are doing a great job on their routes and Brady is finding the open man!

I actually dont think he will throw many more INTs this season if any!

Our ball control has been awesome this season. :D

If anybody is due to throw INT's it's Jay Cutler....let's get 5 on Sunday.

and there were some people here after week 4 that he has lost it, football isnt important to him anymore , doesnt spend offseason here,lost his parking spot etc etc...i want to hear from that crew.

I love all the arguments during our SB run from Manning backers that Brady's never had to carry a poor defense the way Manning does. If Brady had a defense like the Colts D from those days he would never be able to get them into the playoffs like Manning did. This year's defense was among the worst in the league statistically and he has the team at 10-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back