PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Answer at OLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

My2Cents

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I just want to throw this out there real quick. But put me on record for the Patriots drafting Mississippi OLB Rory Johnson with the 28th pick in round 1.

I've read good things about him, that said, he is another smaller LB who appears too light to stand up to the OL from inside a 3-4. I'm showing him 6'1" 235.

Rory WHO?

I honestly had to go back and look this guy up because I hadn't heard of him. I know why now. The guy is projected as a 6th round pick. No way he makes the 1st round.

A few things. He's undersized (6'0) for OLB and possibly even ILB. He's light at 232 lbs. Also, he's extremely RAW. As in, he's got 1 year of playing D-1 ball. Also, a big question is how smart he is as he's had a lot of academic issues.

There were a couple of Ole Miss games this year where Rory looked better than Willis.

I'm not exactly sure how he would fit into our defense?

Rory WHO?

I honestly had to go back and look this guy up because I hadn't heard of him. I know why now. The guy is projected as a 6th round pick. No way he makes the 1st round.

A few things. He's undersized (6'0) for OLB and possibly even ILB. He's light at 232 lbs. Also, he's extremely RAW. As in, he's got 1 year of playing D-1 ball. Also, a big question is how smart he is as he's had a lot of academic issues.

:rofl: LOL. There is absolutely no way that Rory falls to the 6th round. Sorry.

scouts inc has him rated 183 overall. nfldraftscout.com has him rated 208 w/ a 6th round grade. He did a fast 40 @ the combine, 4.59, and a good 3 cone drill, but this would probably be offset by the fact he came in shorter & lighter than was thought & only benched 19. 6th round sounds about right.

LOL all you want. NFLDraftscout.com has a better idea of where players are than most places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST