PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2nd Round and the Consensus Big Board

Not arguing that they didn't, but I really wonder why a glut of talent at a position often leads them to just devalue/ignore that position altogether in a draft (this isn't the first time; see: Linebackerpalooza in 2006).
Sorry I read this a number of times and I don't know what you're referring to.

What position had a glut of talent that they ignored?

I'd say that after the 1st pick, the Patriots went for need all throughout the draft.

Every single pick was a need position EXCEPT for CB (though I'd argue they needed a big CB as well).

CB1 was indeed a need... But what need did Fat Tony fill, or Ameer Speed?

Sorry I read this a number of times and I don't know what you're referring to.

What position had a glut of talent that they ignored?

I'd say that after the 1st pick, the Patriots went for need all throughout the draft.

Every single pick was a need position EXCEPT for CB (though I'd argue they needed a big CB as well).
In particular, TE.

In particular, TE.
I can see that.

But I'd argue they went after more needy positions. We have 2 guys at TE right now when we're going to carry a max of 3. We needed to do something about our IOL situation which was manned by Hines and James Ferentz.

I was clamoring to sign LB Edmunds because I wanted a LB who could cover more than anything, and I've been beating that drum for a very long time. I hope Mapu works out. Because he is exactly what the Patriots need. I don't feel great about taking a developmental small school guy in the 3rd round however. I expect him to cntribute almost nothing outside of special teams. Then again, that's what I'd expect from a 3rd round TE

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back