PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who don't you want at 14?

I don't know who I want, but here is who Judon wants.

I don't know who I want, but here is who Judon wants.

Who we don't want @14 is Matthew Judon's scouting or Talent evaluation skills. :rofl: All that FA scouting and he has not lured one good player here.

The more I think about it the more I come to the same conclusion. Going on the assumption that Bijon Robinson is gone by 14, I’d try to trade down to pick up an additional 3rd rounder or more and select Jahmyr Gibbs with their 1st rounder.

In this draft, there’s no better option to improve this offense than by adding a rich man’s James White to it. There would be plenty of snaps for both him and Stevenson to share.

The more I think about it the more I come to the same conclusion. In this draft, there’s no better option to improve this offense than by adding a rich man’s James White to it.

A starting left tackle or a shutdown corner aren't better options than "a rich man's James White". And you came to that conclusion by thinking about it a lot.

Good grief.

I would take Forbes late in the first....but would be worried about durability. If you put that aside, he has all the Right Stuff; he can run with anyone, can hit pretty hard, and has very sticky hands. He has amazing acceleration of an INT. Mr. Pick Six.

Oh yeah the only knock is his weight, otherwise he would've almost certainly gone ahead of guys like Cam Smith, Banks, Ringo late in the first round... Still might.

I do NOT want the #3 cb or ot at 14. If neither of the top 2 guys aren't there I'm trading down.

My 2 lower round binaries are Kuntz the giant te from a small program and Bascett the qb from a D2 program high end rewards if you hit

Read that many think there isn’t gonna be much of an opportunity to trade down like many of us hope as there are 8 upper tier non-QB talents who will all likely be gone by 14 and the ones after won’t justify a trade up.

If we can’t trade down my hope is one of:

CBs - Witherspoon, Gonzalez
OT - Johnson, B. Jones, D. Wright
WR - Flowers, JSN, Addison

1st round are for what I like to think are "planet" players. So Big OL or DL preferably. If the skill guy is considered a rare talent like Julio Jones than ok but I'm especially not interested in a RB early. They can be had at any round and since they generally only last a few years sit doesn't make sense to invest an early selection there IMO.

Oh yeah the only knock is his weight, otherwise he would've almost certainly gone ahead of guys like Cam Smith, Banks, Ringo late in the first round... Still might.

And he did, but I didn't think it would be THAT early...

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back