PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who don't you want at 14?

I'm with you. Gonzales looks to me like a wonderful athlete but not a football player. He plays soft and I don't like that. I want missiles at every position in the secondary.
Like Merriweather? Didn’t he take out one of our own guys? Those missiles involve friendly fire casualties.

I would be happy with Van Ness, Nolan Smith, Bijan, Gonzalez or Witherspoon at 14. I don't like any of the OTs there - think they all have warts. I'd be okay with Zay Flowers or Darnell Wright with a trade down.

The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to go defence with out first pick.

Like Merriweather? Didn’t he take out one of our own guys? Those missiles involve friendly fire casualties.
True. I should have specified my preference for guided missiles :rofl:

do not want Soronski or Darnell Wright at 14

At 14 I don't want us to take:
OL Peter Skoronski (he's a Guard in the pros, IMO. Although probably an elite one)
Any QB
DT Jalen Carter (too many off-field concerns)
WR Zay Flowers (he's a slot, and there are several great ones available later)
Any TE (although I would be happy with Darnell Washington after a trade down past #22 or so)
DB Brian Branch (too early & too slow)
WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba (like Zay Flowers, he's a slot. And they can be found later)
Any Edge or RB (we're deep there)
And I'm pretty lukewarm on OT Darnell Wright anywhere in the 1st (I think he's an RT only in the pros. And I really want Trent Brown moved back there. I don't think I can take another year of T. Brown at LT)

All the QBs, Nolan Smith, all the WRs, all the lineman other than the top 4 tackles, all the DL with the exceptions of Anderson, Carter & Wilson, though Van Ness would be OK (not thrilling). No LBs, no safeties. No CBs other than Porter, Witherspoon or Gonzalez. No Bijan Robinson. No TEs.

At 14 I don't want us to take:
OL Peter Skoronski (he's a Guard in the pros, IMO. Although probably an elite one)
Any QB
DT Jalen Carter (too many off-field concerns)
WR Zay Flowers (he's a slot, and there are several great ones available later)
Any TE (although I would be happy with Darnell Washington after a trade down past #22 or so)
DB Brian Branch (too early & too slow)
WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba (like Zay Flowers, he's a slot. And they can be found later)
Any Edge or RB (we're deep there)
And I'm pretty lukewarm on OT Darnell Wright anywhere in the 1st (I think he's an RT only in the pros. And I really want Trent Brown moved back there. I don't think I can take another year of T. Brown at LT)

I don't disagree with any of these words.

Like Jonnu? Taking out Hunter Henry? Oops. That is offense. But still a friendly fire missile.

I suspect that the Pats will trade down "chess vs checkers style."

Some team will come calling with an offer because the player that they must have is still on the board at 14. Watch it be a WR who turns into a monster on the field, but BB cant resist wheeling and dealing.

I suspect that the Pats will trade down "chess vs checkers style."

Some team will come calling with an offer because the player that they must have is still on the board at 14. Watch it be a WR who turns into a monster on the field, but BB cant resist wheeling and dealing.

I monster WR in this clas? Like who. A nice piece, maybe, but a monster?

He just likes to *****. There's no monster in the class. I just want to be in the room to see @captain stone throw **** at the tv when they trade back to the low 20's and take Brian Branch. ;)

I am a calm guy but I might throw stuff at the TV in that scenario.
I was all in on Branch prior to the combine, but I think he hurt himself with his combine performance. I have seen him as high as 10th to the Eagles in mock drafts. I would be thrilled with the pick if he slid to round 2. I think Branch would be... wait for it... a good value on day 2. He's still a top 20 pick by most mocks.

Brian Branch Draft Profile 2023 | NFL Mock Draft Database

I’ve gone back and forth with this
We cannot afford to miss on this pick
I have no clue what players are high on teams or our draft boards
But when it gets to Pick #14
BPA

So, according to you no WR from this draft class will blow up on the field this season.

You have guaranteed that there will be one. Good job as always.

He just likes to *****. There's no monster in the class. I just want to be in the room to see @captain stone throw **** at the tv when they trade back to the low 20's and take Brian Branch. ;)
Your WR draft analysist and a $1.00 will buy a Coke.

Make that $2.00 with Brandon prices.

Your WR draft analysist and a $1.00 will buy a Coke.

Make that $2.00 with Brandon prices.
Good To Know Leah Remini GIF by TV Land

Joey Porter. He'll turn out great, and his dad will have him shoot his way out of town, probably before his rookie contract is done.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back