PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching that fight I couldn't help think that Ge-NO! looks like a real fluffball. At one point I thought he was going to start crying and run away.
He always looks dimwitted, like he's slightly drunk or stoned. Always a quarter-step behind on everything.

Enjoy your last few years of Bill and Brady, because it's NOT happening again, and you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening in three years.

It's true that we, as Patriots fans, will probably not see another era like this in our lifetimes. However,

The Patriots had a SB level team in the 70's (See robbery, Ben Dreith)
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 80's
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 90's
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 00's
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 10's

Since the SB truly became legit, post-merger, the Jets have never had a SB level team. Even Patriots dry decades are glorious in comparison to the Jets history of epic suckage.

Enjoy your last few years of Bill and Brady, because it's NOT happening again, and you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening in three years.
You already have posted this wishful fantasy. I'd request new material from you, but we all know the green cupboard is bare: reminiscing about a past with no championships, fantasizing about the future demise of a rival. What a crappy way to live.

You already have posted this wishful fantasy. I'd request new material from you, but we all know the green cupboard is bare: reminiscing about a past with no championships, fantasizing about the future demise of a rival. What a crappy way to live.
It's not wishful thinking. You think this is going to a Farve to Rodgers transition? That's NOT happening. As I said enjoy Brady and Bill's last few years, it's NOT happening again. And that is NOT wishful thinking. The Patriots are NOT invincible.

It's true that we, as Patriots fans, will probably not see another era like this in our lifetimes. However,

The Patriots had a SB level team in the 70's (See robbery, Ben Dreith)
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 80's
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 90's
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 00's
The Patriots had a SB level team in the 10's

Since the SB truly became legit, post-merger, the Jets have never had a SB level team. Even Patriots dry decades are glorious in comparison to the Jets history of epic suckage.
Yes, you guys have had SB level teams in the '10s, but you haven't won it all YET. The Jets also had SB caliber rosters in '09 '10, '98, but it doesn't matter. Why? Well, because we didn't win crap!

It's not wishful thinking. You think this is going to a Farve to Rodgers transition? That's NOT happening. As I said enjoy Brady and Bill's last few years, it's NOT happening again. And that is NOT wishful thinking. The Patriots are NOT invincible.
There will almost certainly be a decline when BB and TB hang it up. That said, the Patriots ownership is very good. I'm not sure how the team will fare when Jonathan Kraft takes over, but as long as Robert Kraft is running the show, the Pats will usually be competitive.

You're only hope is Woody Johnson selling the team, or getting the #1 pick in a year with a great QB prospect and a good coach who would be willing to go to NY to coach said QB. Idzik was hired because no one better wanted the job. The pickings for a coach and GM for NY will probably be even more slim this time around.

Yes, you guys have had SB level teams in the '10s, but you haven't won it all YET. The Jets also had SB caliber rosters in '09 '10, '98, but it doesn't matter. Why? Well, because we didn't win crap!

The Jets did not have SB caliber rosters in '09 '10, '98.

I think it's cool that Jets fans come here to show off their AFC championship appearance like it's some kind of Lombardi trophy.

Didn't you hear Brady? He says he playing until he is 50.

Yes, he is immature, but so was Big Ben college. This franchise doesn't take enough risks; Mariano was TOO Much of a risk, Warren Sapp was TOO much of a risk; WE NEED to take risks, regardless of the consequences. And if Winston sucks? We can move on from him quickly, because of the rookie wage scale.
I disagree. He isn't immature. He's a bad guy. But hey, I'm all in favor of you guys grabbing him. It would add immensely to the entertainment value. :)

There will almost certainly be a decline when BB and TB hang it up. That said, the Patriots ownership is very good. I'm not sure how the team will fare when Jonathan Kraft takes over, but as long as Robert Kraft is running the show, the Pats will usually be competitive.
You guys will become like other franchises when Bill and Brady retire. You'll have good years (playoffs), and then have medicore years. That's not "wishful thinking" on my part. There's a chance Garrapolo becomes a star, but I'm not sold on him. But hey I could be wrong!

Oh and if Idzik is fired. I expect Woody to hire Tom Gamble.

I disagree. He isn't immature. He's a bad guy. But hey, I'm all in favor of you guys grabbing him. It would add immensely to the entertainment value. :)
Big Ben and Sanchez were accused of rape as well. We'll never know if he did it, but the Jets and other teams will do their work.

The Jets did not have SB caliber rosters in '09 '10, '98.
Yes, we did. When you get to the AFC Championship game you have SB Caliber rosters. If that's not the case, the apatriots have only had two SB Caliber rosters in ten years.

You guys will become like other franchises when Bill and Brady retire. You'll have good years (playoffs), and then have medicore years. That's not "wishful thinking" on my part. There's a chance Garrapolo becomes a star, but I'm not sold on him. But hey I could be wrong!

Oh and if Idzik is fired. I expect Woody to hire Tom Gamble.
They will become like other franchises that have good ownership. That is a lot different than being the Jets. Hopefully Jonathan follows in his father's footsteps and becomes a good owner.

Big Ben and Sanchez were accused of rape as well. We'll never know if he did it, but the Jets and other teams will do their work.
He's got a few more incidents than that on his sheet. And a bunch of them acquired since he had a target drawn on his back by the (incredibly whitewashed) rape accusations. What kind of person, under scrutiny for that incident and knowing millions of dollars and his future career are at stake and unable to keep themselves from shop lifting crab legs or jumping on on a table in the campus dinning hall and screaming 'f**k her right in the ****y!!' at the top of his lungs. And that doesn't even consider the whole bizarre incident when he was told he wasn't playing and got dressed and came out and almost gave his coach and anyuerism.

They will become like other franchises that have good ownership. That is a lot different than being the Jets. Hopefully Jonathan follows in his father's footsteps and becomes a good owner.

Name these other franchise that have good ownership, and the amount of playoff games they've won over the last sixteen years. The Jets have what 6 playoff wins since '00?

I'm waiting.

I think the Krafts learned a lot together with BB and all the coaches and player personal. Pretty sure long after Brady and BB are gone they have a pretty good idea on how they want the organization run. I think we are in good hands as you suggest. They certainly aren't going to hire some loudmouth to run the program into the ground.

He's got a few more incidents than that on his sheet. And a bunch of them acquired since he had a target drawn on his back by the (incredibly whitewashed) rape accusations. What kind of person, under scrutiny for that incident and knowing millions of dollars and his future career are at stake and unable to keep themselves from shop lifting crab legs or jumping on on a table in the campus dinning hall and screaming 'f**k her right in the *****!!' at the top of his lungs. And that doesn't even consider the whole bizarre incident when he was told he wasn't playing and got dressed and came out and almost gave his coach and anyuerism.

The other issues are overblown, and were immature actions. The only probelm I have woth Jameis is the rape allegation. He's twenty years old!

Yes, we did. When you get to the AFC Championship game you have SB Caliber rosters. If that's not the case, the apatriots have only had two SB Caliber rosters in ten years.

Try not to be too ridiculous in your trolling, because it takes all the fun out of it. None of those teams were SB caliber, and for you to add the '09 team in the group shows you know it. That team didn't even belong in the playoffs.

Step up your trolling quality. It's been piss poor for some time now.

Try not to be too ridiculous in your trolling, because it takes all the fun out of it. None of those teams were SB caliber, and for you to add the '09 team in the group shows you know it. That team didn't even belong in the playoffs.

Step up your trolling quality. It's been piss poor for some time now.

Forgot about the Colts sitting Manning for the playoffs.

Name these other franchise that have good ownership, and the amount of playoff games they've won over the last sixteen years. The Jets have what 6 playoff wins since '00?

I'm waiting.
As much as I hate the Steelers, the Roonies are good owners. Sure, they occasionally have mediocre years, but more often than not are competitive in a tough division.

The Packers are publicly owned. Without a spoiled brat at the helm, the Packers have been good much more often than not for generations.

The Mara and Tisch families own the Giants, a team that has won multiple SBs in multiple eras.

Pat Bowlen and the Broncos have also had success in multiple eras.

There may be more, I am not well versed on all of the owners. The Krafts also turned the organization around and had some success before BB even arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back