PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Adam Vinatieri....

Status
Not open for further replies.
scout said:
Get over yourself. I am sure this is what Adam had on his mind when he signed his last contract. Thanks Adam for the best years in New England Patriots history. There was not one player who did more for us in winning two of those Superbowls then you. I'm disappointed that you didn't re-up with the Patriots, but I also don't know everything that went on between you and the patriots. Good luck, we'll all be rooting against you.
Your about 10% right in your post and 90% wrong. I agree we will be hoping he chokes. But if it was on his mind, was his heart truly with New England? He signed for not a lot more money than the Pats offered him. If his heart was more important than 500 k, he'd be staying here. Screw him. His legacy is great but he didnt seem to care for it.

Last edited:
Still I do want to Thank Adam for 10 great yrs, and I will never for get the super bowl, and the great snow bowl game.... Good Luck, where ever it is u went Adam ( Cant say it though)

dont let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out... you were a kicker, not a football player... greed ruined your legacy.

I have been ranting on about burning hatred towards him in other threads but there is no denying the admiration I had for AV in his time here. He is/was a Patriots hero and I will always remember him as such. However, for the next season or so he can go f*** himself.

PatsWorldChamps said:
dont let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out... you were a kicker, not a football player... greed ruined your legacy.

Holy ****!!! I read this tonight on cnnsi and could not believe my eyes!!!! Did something tear a hole in the universe or what?? Wow, what an offseason...well I do want to wish Adam luck in all his future endeavors, I can't believe it, Indy.....holy ****. Anyways, I am still kind of in shock. I guess the best way to beat him would to keep the game close, but certainly not within three points...we all know what adam can do....AV in a colts uni....holy ****....

Thank you for two, and quite possibly the third, Superbowl victories. I'd wish him luck in Indy, but I'd be lying.

Covert said:
Everyone? He owed us nothing.

And, by exactly the same token, we owe him nothing. Screw him.

hwc said:
And, by exactly the same token, we owe him nothing. Screw him.

exactly... and we owe him nothing... you're welcome, AV, for picking up rings thanks to TB, TB, WM, TL, RS, CD, and crew... you were a kicker... big deal... have fun in indy.... we now hate you

Seymour93 said:
Going from NE to Indy is like moving from Cambridge to Oxford... you just don't do it.

News to the thousands of people who do, every year :) The towns don't give a damn about each other, and the universities are definitely in a friendly rivalry. Saying that, half of my best friends have spent time at the Cowley Road Polytechnic, as it happens... At least with Brookes', Oxford has a proper university now! (Of course, they say we've all got webbed feet from living in the Fens. Maybe that's why we row faster than they do.)

AV going to the Dolts of all teams is a kick in the teeth, sure, but it's almost certainly not personal - taking it personally is just a bit classless, I reckon.

Covert said:
News to the thousands of people who do, every year :) The towns don't give a damn about each other, and the universities are definitely in a friendly rivalry. Saying that, half of my best friends have spent time at the Cowley Road Polytechnic, as it happens... At least with Brookes', Oxford has a proper university now! (Of course, they say we've all got webbed feet from living in the Fens. Maybe that's why we row faster than they do.)

AV going to the Dolts of all teams is a kick in the teeth, sure, but it's almost certainly not personal - taking it personally is just a bit classless, I reckon.
That's very interesting stuff. Quite apropos of nothing, guv.

Many of us are emotionally tied to this team and its players. Tough not to have a personal reaction to it, I reckon.

PatsWorldChamps said:
exactly... and we owe him nothing... you're welcome, AV, for picking up rings thanks to TB, TB, WM, TL, RS, CD, and crew... you were a kicker... big deal... have fun in indy.... we now hate you

What makes you think Vinatieri was ever a fan of the team? Serious question - we're looking at this from the perspective of fans, and weighing his actions through a fan-skewed sense of morality. (Players who become fans, like Bruschi, are very rare.)

He's a professional, and he's been hired by another organisation to do his job. No foul, and the least we can do is thank him for what he did while he was here. The Patriots management show little loyalty to players most of the time - as is true of basically every front office in the NFL - so expecting "higher standards" from NFL players is a bit hypocritical.

Patjew said:
Many of us are emotionally tied to this team and its players. Tough not to have a personal reaction to it, I reckon.

We all are. That's why we're fans. I felt gutted when I read the post earlier this evening (well, morning here, it's gone 3am).

That's my reaction, though, and judging AV's actions through fan-tinted glasses is just a bit silly, really. Players' motives - and coaches', and management's - are just fundamentally different from ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft