PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tedy Bruschi night...monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As it should be. There will be a celebration honoring the ultimate NEP.

The team hasn’t made a formal announcement, but those holding tickets for one of the biggest regular-season games ever played in Foxborough may have noticed Bruschi’s picture and a notation on the ticket.

The night will be similar to the one that honored former receiver Troy Brown on Nov. 13, 2008 — a Thursday night matchup with the Jets.

“Tedy was kind enough to let us honor him,’’ said Patriots owner Robert Kraft. “We know he’s working for ESPN, and knowing what a beloved rival the New York Jets are, we thought it was appropriate.’’

“I think Tedy, like Troy Brown and others, just represent what our brand and team and organization stand for, the way he overcame many things and showed great leadership and the way he played on the field,’’ Kraft said.

“Having a guy like him who plays his whole career here, who had a chance to leave for a higher income and didn’t — he wanted to remain part of the organization and put team first and be a great leader — that’s the model,’’ Kraft said.

Crafting labor deal is a top priority for Patriots owner - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
one of the greatest Patriots ever - # 54 ! Tedy Bruschi !!!!!

G R A N D E - I M M E N S O

Last edited:
I wonder if Bruschi will give a pre-game speech to the team?

didnt we honor troy brown last time we played the jets in foxboro or was it in 2008 with cassel vs favre ?

Hell yeah go Teddy! He's the man.

That'll be a great moment for one of the greatest Patriots.

didnt we honor troy brown last time we played the jets in foxboro or was it in 2008 with cassel vs favre ?

Indeed, 2008, awesome comeback by the Pats including Cassel's last second game tying TD to Moss. Horrible holding call on Vrabel pretty much gave the Jets the game. It was the last game I've been too. Must change that next season!

"beloved rival"?!?!? Ah, diplomacy! :D

I am so jacked & pumped that Monday's game is the one I've got a ticket for. Bruschi, Jets debacle, what could be better?

Are they retiring his number? If not they should be. I know it is hard to do in the NFL given the numbering system, amount of players etc... but that number should never be worn again.

Last edited:
Thanks to Tedy for all he gave. And for never wanting to be anything but a New England Patriot. It will also be a nice reminder, especially to the younger players, to give it all you have, play for sixty minutes and make opportunities.

bruschifootball.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results