PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Aaron Hernandez injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they attack the Bills with the run, they have all the offensive personnel they need (except maybe a punter). A bigger need is to actually get close to the QB with 4 rushers. Otherwise we create another HOF QB for a day.

Let us just say, I'm not going to start Pats D in my fantasy league for the next few games or so ;)

But seriously, they better try something new in Buffalo, can't afford another 400+ yards passing offense :mad:

Everyone's worried about Hernandez. I was at the doctor's office yesterday getting examined and checked in by the nurses and the sistas were ignoring my fine Deion Branch like body and were all atwitter worried about Hernandez. He's a popular figure.

Aaron Hernandez is getting the Wally Pipp speech from Wes Welker who got it from Coach Belichick in the NFL Films homage, "A Football Life."

If Dan Gronkowski steps up in the depth chart and takes the job, it's "Adios Senor Hernandez. Vayase de aqui ahorita con el Dios."

Dan Gronkowski is a Hernandez clone - 6'5" 250 lbs. with decent speed. It remains to be seen if he is the pass-catcher in traffic that Hernandez is.

Gronk 'em up!

Dan Gronkowski is a Hernandez clone - 6'5" 250 lbs. with decent speed. It remains to be seen if he is the pass-catcher in traffic that Hernandez is.

This is delusional. D. Gronk isn't even close to the receiver Hernandez is.

This is delusional. D. Gronk isn't even close to the receiver Hernandez is.

We just don't know yet. He played part of a season with 2-14 Detroit in '09 and last season was with the (gulp!) Broncos - there's a solid situation at QB.

D-Gronk - we need a name for this guy - was a featured receiver at Maryland his senior year in 2008 averaging three receptions per game.

In 2009 as a rookie in Detroit he filled in for the starter who got hurt and then went to the immolating Denver Broncos last season with chaos everywhere as Josh McDaniels imploded and the Tebow-Orton mess unfolded.

This is his first stable NFL situation. My sense is he's got the possibility of being the next Julian Edelman. Step in, do a good job and earn a spot.

I think Brady's instructions are: "If you see an open Gronkowski, throw it!"

Unless he has a tear in his MCL, there is no way he is out 4-6 weeks. With a sprained MCL, he'll be able to work in a limited basis within 1-2 weeks and should be out there soon after, albeit probably with a brace of some sort.

Last edited:
We just don't know yet. He played part of a season with 2-14 Detroit in '09 and last season was with the (gulp!) Broncos - there's a solid situation at QB.

D-Gronk - we need a name for this guy - was a featured receiver at Maryland his senior year in 2008 averaging three receptions per game.

In 2009 as a rookie in Detroit he filled in for the starter who got hurt and then went to the immolating Denver Broncos last season with chaos everywhere as Josh McDaniels imploded and the Tebow-Orton mess unfolded.

This is his first stable NFL situation. My sense is he's got the possibility of being the next Julian Edelman. Step in, do a good job and earn a spot.

I think Brady's instructions are: "If you see an open Gronkowski, throw it!"

Aaron Hernandez is one of the best pass catching tight ends in the league. Dan Gronkowski...is not even close.

The 2-4 week timeframe sounds more reasonable. Much as I like Hernandez in the lineup, I want him fully healthy before we plug him in again. Other guys will just need to step up. Ochocinco, D. Gronk, maybe even Price and Edelman. We'll see. Haven't seen much of Ridley or Vereen yet either. So many potential weapons to work in. I'm not worried about this offense yet.

Aaron Hernandez is getting the Wally Pipp speech from Wes Welker who got it from Coach Belichick in the NFL Films homage, "A Football Life."

If Dan Gronkowski steps up in the depth chart and takes the job, it's "Adios Senor Hernandez. Vayase de aqui ahorita con el Dios."

Gronk 'em up!

Hernandez is 6'1" and more of an H-back/WR type. I don't see them as clones and Hernandez has a lot more talent.

Unless he has a tear in his MCL, there is no way he is out 4-6 weeks. With a sprained MCL, he'll be able to work in a limited basis within 1-2 weeks and should be out there soon after, albeit probably with a brace of some sort.

I thought a sprain was a tear. No?

Sprains are partial tears and need time to heal. My experience treating athletes with G1's is 4 weeks rehab. Rushing AH back isn't wise as he may end up with a complete tear.

A DRs assessment without actually examining Hernandez

Vicious Vick - Football Daily Dose - Rotoworld.com

AARON HERNANDEZ

Injury: Sprained MCL
Status: The Boston Globe is reporting that Hernandez will be out 1-2 weeks. CSN New England hears Hernandez could be out 4-6 weeks.

MCL sprains usually don’t cost players that much time. Could Hernandez really miss more than a month with one?
When you hear 4-6 weeks, it could be a severe sprain. Grade 1 is maybe two weeks, Grade 2 maybe four weeks. So if that timetable is true, it sounds like he’s between a Grade 2 and Grade 3. It’s certainly possible to be out that long.

What are the symptoms of a Grade 2 or 3?
If a player really tears the ligament, he’s going to have a lot more pain and swelling. It takes longer for your body to recover from. A Grade 1 is bad enough where you can’t power off it or get stability in it, but they are usually pretty good within a week or two.

Will Hernandez be limited when he gets back?
Usually you want the MCL to heal, to scar down a little bit. That will add to the stability in the knee. He’ll probably be braced when he gets back, but should be OK in terms of movement.

ROTOWORLD OPINION: The Patriots are among the most secretive teams in the league when it comes to injuries, so we may not know the grade of Hernandez’s sprain for quite some time. Still, he’s the caliber of player that you can’t drop. All we can do is hope it’s a Grade 1. In the meantime, Rob Gronkowski is going to beast and Chad Ochocinco is actually going to get to play.

Gronk 'em up!

Wow, I don't think you could be more wrong. I just face palmed myself at work.

Let us just say, I'm not going to start Pats D in my fantasy league for the next few games or so ;)

But seriously, they better try something new in Buffalo, can't afford another 400+ yards passing offense :mad:

You'd be surprised.

I picked up Cleveland @ Indy last week and the Patriots D outscored them. If your league gives 2 points for a turnover, the Patriots D did OK.

Hernandez is 6'1" and more of an H-back/WR type. I don't see them as clones and Hernandez has a lot more talent.
Me too.

Hernandez is more like a WR than Dan Gronkowski will ever be.

Breer on NFLN said the injury more severe than originally thought and could sideline him at least a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes