PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Aaron Hernandez injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY: Hernandez strained MCL, out 1-2 weeks.

:(

It would be nice to have a healthy Aaron for the jerks game. Ah well.

Next man up!

Looks like it's more of a 1-2 week then the 4 and more week

Last edited:

hey, maybe we'll see both Gronks on the field!

Hopefully he will be back for the Jets game..but i would rather have him sit if he is going to be 100% for 2nd half/playoffs...they can beat the jets without him

It's a bummer but at least it wasn't to the hip area again..and guys usually come back 100% after a strain

Last edited:

Hopefully he will be back for the Jets game..but i would rather have him sit if he is going to be 100% for 2nd half/playoffs...they can beat the jets without him

It's a bummer but at least it wasn't to the hip area again..and guys usually come back 100% after a strain

Not to be Debbie Downer, but Mayo was a shell of himself in 2009 after his MCL strain.

Curran said 6 weeks ,Ian Rapoport still saying 1-2 weeks, who the F knows

Curran said 6 weeks ,Ian Rapoport still saying 1-2 weeks, who the F knows

Rapaport said he checked on the Curran report (4-6 weeks) and is still sticking to his sources which say 1-2 missed games for Hernandez.

Re: Herandez out 1-2 weeks

media_preview.php.jpg

Just hope we don't miss him against Buffalo!

My thoughts exactly!

"Comcast SportsNet New England is hearing that Aaron Hernandez's MCL sprain could cost him upwards of 4-6 weeks, longer than the Boston Globe's original estimate of 1-2 weeks.
CSNE beat writer Tom Curran says the injury could sideline Hernandez "for at least a month" and "as long as six weeks." The Patriots don't discuss injury situations with the public, so Hernandez's precise return timetable is going to be a guessing game for awhile. In the meantime, Rob Gronkowski could push to become the top tight end in all of fantasy football."
Source: Comcast Sports New England

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hernandez out six weeks?

Thread merge mods

So are we going to see a lot Gronk & Gronk formations and pass routes? That has to be a bit confusing to the defense; double headaches.

I am starting to think he will be out longer than 2 weeks which sucks

This will be Chad's opportunity to shine - he can pick up some of the offense lost there.

I 1-starred this thread (only one I've ever rated!), because how hard is to scroll a quarter down the page and see that there's already a post? Did you think you were breaking news?

Ugh. REALLY ugh. Hernandez is the best receiver. Branch and Welker are doing plenty, but I think Hernandez is the main guy right now.

Wonder if that means 3 WRs and more Ocho coming our way.

I am starting to think he will be out longer than 2 weeks which sucks

Are you aware that he stayed in for 4 more plays after suffering the sprain?

Are you aware that he stayed in for 4 more plays after suffering the sprain?

Hard to point to that as evidence as to how bad the injury is though. Theoretically he could have made it worse on one of those plays.

Because I am trained to expect nothing more than "questionable - lower body injury", I am skeptical of the multiple sources offering different timelines.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye