PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Aaron Hernandez injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hernandez out six weeks?

This is terrible disappointing. He is a huge part of our passing game. He is our best play making WR. He took a lot of pressure off Gronk. Im worried big time. Our passing game will suffer. Even with the Best QB in the league.

Re: Hernandez out six weeks?

This is terrible disappointing. He is a huge part of our passing game. He is our best play making WR. He took a lot of pressure off Gronk. Im worried big time. Our passing game will suffer. Even with the Best QB in the league.

Well he's not a WR..best play making TE yes..i still think Welker is a much bigger piece

Didn't read the multiple pages of replies, but wasn't there a stat that noted Brady's ridiculous QB rating with 3 WR sets? One that was even more impressive than that of 2 TE sets? Might have been a Reiss article.

Regardless, we have plenty of weapons. We'll be fine till he gets back.

Insert Taylor Price _______ <(here)

the Aaron injury HURTS BIG TIME

he was like an Akeem Nicks like WR for us (big, strong quick and fast)

Ocho needs to be productive Price needs to step in and be a big contributor on offense.

No made of glass comments plz.

Sprained my MCL in high school, he's not going to hurt it anymore than it already is...just based off his pain threshhold now. Its going to be way too stiff to play this week, but I doubt it would last anywhere close to 6 with a professional medical staff.

You cant run 100% going forward, its your lateral movement that's painful.

^^Did you mean to say that you can run forward 100%?

speaking of Taylor Price, why has he been MIA in 2 games ? Has he even dressed for a Pats regular season game ? I mean are we waiting for his rookie contract to expire before he gets in a game at garbage time.

Last edited:
speaking of Taylor Price, why has he been MIA in 2 games ? Has he even dressed for a Pats regular season game ? I mean are we waiting for his rookie contract to expire before he gets in a game at garbage time.

He's been inactive both games this year. He played in the last game of the regular season last year.

Re: SMY: Hernandez strained MCL, out 1-2 weeks.

If it's just two weeks it won't matter, road games but these two teams have 0 defense.

I think we will find out this week if it is 1-2 weeks or 4-6. I think if it is 4-6 weeks, Belichick brings in Crumpler or another TE just to look at them. Even if they move Solder to TE, they will have two blocking TEs and only one TE who can catch passes. Crumpler wasn't the best at it, but he did catch some passes last year including two TDs.

Last edited:
Didn't read the multiple pages of replies, but wasn't there a stat that noted Brady's ridiculous QB rating with 3 WR sets? One that was even more impressive than that of 2 TE sets? Might have been a Reiss article.

Regardless, we have plenty of weapons. We'll be fine till he gets back.

Tom Brady Passing by Personnel: Sunday vs Chargers
-----------------------------------2+ TE --- 3+ WR
Comp pct-------------------------- 71.9 ---- 88.9
Yds/att---------------------------- 9.1 ---- 14.7
Att/TD---------------------------- 16.0 ---- 9.0
NFL pass rtg---------------------- 120.7 --- 155.8

Last edited:
the pats have garret mills on the practice squad.....if they don't give him an opportunity, then why is he even taking that spot?

the pats have garret mills on the practice squad.....if they don't give him an opportunity, then why is he even taking that spot?

Developmental purposes, scout-team, and a worst-case scenario for multiple TE injuries would be my personal guesses.

Of course, there's always the possibility that he may indeed get a shot, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm interested to see why Mike Wright is still on the roster after ANOTHER concussion....

He should be on IR as a minimum...and really should consider retiring....

If they bring Mills up from the PS, someone has to go.....Wright may be the most logical IMHO

Re: SMY: Hernandez strained MCL, out 1-2 weeks.

game 2 not 1

I'd rather have him wait until he is fully healthy, but having said that I hope he is back for game 1 vs NJ.

I have a couple selfish reasons for that, I'm going to that game :rocker:

and he is my fantasy TE :D

Sprained my MCL in high school, he's not going to hurt it anymore than it already is...just based off his pain threshhold now. Its going to be way too stiff to play this week, but I doubt it would last anywhere close to 6 with a professional medical staff.

You cant run 100% going forward, its your lateral movement that's painful.

Think that's a typo. I do MMA and just had a grade 1 MCL sprain.

Running front to back was pretty damn close to 100% Side to side I think I would have fell on my face. The doctor said 2 weeks I should be fine but it was close to 4-5 weeks until I felt 100%. He's younger than me and has a medical staff backing him up. If it really is a Grade 1 MCL and nothing else I'd say 2-3 weeks for sure.

Also as for him playing another 4 plays it doesn't hurt right away.

Being on the practice squad,is not taking up a "spot".....why would you activate Mills,when you have 2 other active players(gronk2 and solder),who can actually....ya know....block:rocker:

Being on the practice squad,is not taking up a "spot".....why would you activate Mills,when you have 2 other active players(gronk2 and solder),who can actually....ya know....block:rocker:

If they attack the Bills with the run, they have all the offensive personnel they need (except maybe a punter). A bigger need is to actually get close to the QB with 4 rushers. Otherwise we create another HOF QB for a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back