PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know that this was his first action of the year, but I thought he played great in his time out there. Seems to run great routes and has really nice hands. Shows promise for next year.

Price really showed some exciting "signs" of things to come today.....which should have every Pats fan psyched..... However, I can see why BB held him out this year as he is still raw and learning the NFL system....but even from my uneducated football eyes.....I really feel the kid is going to be a big time receiver for us.....and could be a real WILD CARD in the playoffs.......Why?? Because no one has much tape on him to go by.....and he could be yet another weapon for TB and the Pats.....GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid really looks like he can play. Love the size and showed a good set of hands.

Price has good speed, good hands, and leaping ability. Problem is, he needs to master the play-book, and also needs PLENTY of time to jell with Brady. He MAY be the future DBranch...

Even during the training-camp, they said he had very good hands...

This kid was my binky pick for this year. I think he will be a very good scrappy WR who is not afraid to go across the middle.

Vontae Davis would have been on Randy Moss, but today he spent time following Gronk. I think that should tell you everything you need to know about this offense.

This thread makes me happy. I'd love to see a highlight package of him from today. I too was stuck watching the Browns-Steelers suckfest.

I am THRILLED that Price played and played so well. That said, I doubt he sniffs the gameday active roster in the playoffs.

I am THRILLED that Price played and played so well. That said, I doubt he sniffs the gameday active roster in the playoffs.

With Branch dinged up, I wouldn't be so sure......

Nice to know there's a backup that CAN fill in and play decently.....

Depth at WR is becoming clearer after seeing him play....

Price, Tate, and Edelman had a nice day. However, I'm not sure if this was a product of them stepping up their game or the Phins utterly giving up half way throught the first quarter.

Price, Tate, and Edelman had a nice day. However, I'm not sure if this was a product of them stepping up their game or the Phins utterly giving up half way throught the first quarter.

As far as the phins giving up, I don't think you can look at it in those terms. What I saw was a guy who made fantastic cuts without losing speed. I also saw him make a catch right at the 1st down marker on a very high pass that he took a hit on. To me, that shows his natural football skills along with an understanding of the game. I also saw that Patriots run 2 true slant routes for the 1st time maybe all season and he made 2 great hands catches that he almost broke both of them. To me, if he continues to develop, could be a Greg Jennings type of receiver.

Kid looks like a keeper. Don't see drafting a WR high next season with

1. Welker
2. Branch
3. Tate
4. Edelman
5. Price

All signed for next season.
There is no need for the New England Patriots to select a wide receiver in the 2011 NFL Draft.

There is no need for the New England Patriots to select a wide receiver in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Agree 100%. I know some folks are down on Tate but I think the kid still has a decent amount of upside. He just completed his first full season, is only 23 and still learning.

If we are saying the same thing this time next year then the team might want to go in a different direction.

Question, did he have any reps with Brady in the game? I thought he was only in when Brady was out?

Agree 100%. I know some folks are down on Tate but I think the kid still has a decent amount of upside. He just completed his first full season, is only 23 and still learning.
This was Tate's first full season in the NFL. Let's not give up on a player coming back from injury in 2009.

As far as the phins giving up, I don't think you can look at it in those terms. What I saw was a guy who made fantastic cuts without losing speed. I also saw him make a catch right at the 1st down marker on a very high pass that he took a hit on. To me, that shows his natural football skills along with an understanding of the game. I also saw that Patriots run 2 true slant routes for the 1st time maybe all season and he made 2 great hands catches that he almost broke both of them. To me, if he continues to develop, could be a Greg Jennings type of receiver.

True, the kid possess great athletic ability. Hopefully he is picking up/understanding the playbook better and we see a huge jump next year.

If we are saying the same thing this time next year then the team might want to go in a different direction.

Good point on Tate. His best days are still ahead. He had a good game yesterday with the diving td reception and the burst along the right sideline that was almost another td. I think his return skills have diminished but his receiving has improved.

I think Price is a more fluid athlete and at least as fast - he reminds me a little of Terry Glenn. What he showed yesterday is consistent with the video from his college career that was kicking around on draft day.

We can use both guys next year, and we're in good shape. But if the right guy is on the board in the 3rd round the Pats could draft another WR.

The Pats offense is very difficult to pick up (unless your name is Welker or Woodhead), Tate basically had a redshirt year, and now Price has his redshirt year. I was interested to see if he would dress yesterday and I thought that he looked very good. He was a step away from breaking a slant all the way. He caught the ball well, but lets face it, he wasn't running jerk or option routes, he was running quick slants. Needless to say, he will most likely be the #4 WR next year.

I agree no need to draft a WR for next year.

I wouldn't go that far. Branch has 1 maybe 2 years left if he can stay healthy, and that is a big if. There is promise with the younger players, but Tate, Edelman, and Price still have to prove they can be relied on consistently. I do not think an early round pick is necessary, but a later pick with high upside who may need a year, similar to Price's situation may be an option.

Needless to say, he will most likely be the #4 WR next year.

Possible, but I would hardly say "most likely"...

Welker
Branch
Tate
Edelperson

Throw in Hernandez and Woodhead as candidates to split wide, the number of 2-TE sets and Slater being a mainstay on ST and I see Price having to earn his way onto the active 45. I'm as big a Price fan as anyone and I think it is outstanding that someone that talented could have a hard time seeing the field apart from injuries. That is a deep, young, talented and flexible receiving corps.

I wouldn't go that far. Branch has 1 maybe 2 years left if he can stay healthy, and that is a big if. There is promise with the younger players, but Tate, Edelman, and Price still have to prove they can be relied on consistently. I do not think an early round pick is necessary, but a later pick with high upside who may need a year, similar to Price's situation may be an option.
The New England Patriots have much greater priorities in the 2011 NFL Draft:

3-4 Outside Linebackers (two)
5 Technique Defensive Lineman (3-4 Defensive End)
Offensive Tackle
Offensive Guard
Running Back
Free Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft