PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Back situation on current roster is sad

I can understand why the trolls post here; their sadistic motivations are well known.

But many of the negative posters here claim to be fans, and that I really can't relate to.

If and when I give up on the team, I'll stop watching them until they improve, and I'll certainly find something more enjoyable to do than venting my despair in this forum.

What's the point of whining?
Irony

Whining about trolls.

Yeah, I shouldn't have used that word. Sadists don't whine when things are going badly for the team, they gloat and taunt.

I remember you in 2020 claiming how the trolls are stupid fanboys and Brady wasn’t “necessary” to the Patriots dynasty. You and Jercules. But here you are three years later somehow still arrogant about how right you always are. Not much different from the other Team Bill cult members though. Luckily most of them have left the board.

Yeah, I shouldn't have used that word. Sadists don't whine when things are going badly for the team, they gloat and taunt.
If you wont be who you are and constantly whine about trolls who will?

It’s been a sneaky mismanaged position as well. They went in without a 3DRB which has been our bread and butter for years. They seemed to decide Rhamondre can be all of the above which isn’t the case. He can catch the ball and run when needed but he is no Faulk, Vereen, Lewis, White in that regard.

They chose a guy with older legs to be the #2. Rhamondre is going to be run into the ground…again.

It’s been a sneaky mismanaged position as well. They went in without a 3DRB which has been our bread and butter for years. They seemed to decide Rhamondre can be all of the above which isn’t the case. He can catch the ball and run when needed but he is no Faulk, Vereen, Lewis, White in that regard.

They chose a guy with older legs to be the #2. Rhamondre is going to be run into the ground…again.
Elliot is only 28 and has only 12 attempts thus far. He has not been awful @ 3.5 ypc.

If that keeps up he will have the lowest number of attempts of his career. Billy Bob sure is a strange play caller.

Elliot is only 28 and has only 12 attempts thus far. He has not been awful @ 3.5 ypc.

If that keeps up he will have the lowest number of attempts of his career. Billy Bob sure is a strange play caller.
By age 28 an RB can be wearing down, especially one who has been given so many touches in the past. And 3.5 ypc is bad although it can be excused behind this OL. In any case it’s not much of a stat to rely on after just two games.

I remember you in 2020 claiming how the trolls are stupid fanboys and Brady wasn’t “necessary” to the Patriots dynasty. You and Jercules. But here you are three years later somehow still arrogant about how right you always are. Not much different from the other Team Bill cult members though. Luckily most of them have left the board.
Why are trolls always mind readers and fortune tellers?

What I said in 2020 was that I hoped Bill > Brady because I'm a Pats fan and Brady was gone but not Bill.

Events since then certainly have impeached Bill, with Brady winning in TB and especially last year's coaching fiasco.

As a fan I am still hopeful that Bill will turn things around.

Not that I'm betting on that.

But as a Brady fan, what are you doing in a "patsfan" forum other than trolling?

Yes, let’s pine for Strong, who did nothing at all here, while calling Rham and Zeke “sub-par.”

That’ll show the world how brilliant Pats fans really are.
Not saying they should of kept Strong who was a subpar player. Just saying the way that Bill builds the offensive side of the ball with zero explosive players is mind boggling. He's still bargain shopping for groceries like Brady is still the head chef.

I can understand why the trolls post here; their sadistic motivations are well known.

But many of the negative posters here claim to be fans, and that I really can't relate to.

If and when I give up on the team, I'll stop watching them until they improve, and I'll certainly find something more enjoyable to do than venting my despair in this forum.

What's the point of whining?
I'm not sure it's whining, maybe more frustration in the way this roster is constructed. A win streak would certainly improve our attitude.

I'm not sure it's whining, maybe more frustration in the way this roster is constructed. A win streak would certainly improve our attitude.
As I said, I regret using that pejorative. "Venting" is what I should have written.

This thread should really be called, "I want Coach Belichick Fired".

Only 2 RBs on the roster???I know the OL sucks, but Stevenson has not looked great AND Ezekiel has looked abysmal.
No change of pace or third down back, no explosive back?Traded away Strong who was their only speedy RB for a JAG OL that may have been cut. Cut JJ Taylor.
What is going on? I think Stevenson may be a bit overrated, but still 2 RB's. They could really use someone who could run outside the tackles.
The RB cupboard is completely bare.
Another example of terrible roster construction and not helping MAC out.

When you combine this with OL, receiver and backup QB fiasco...it absolutely seems that Bill the GM has no idea what he is doing.
Certainly Kraft must be wondering what is going on.
HA HA! Sam, I don't think you are really a Patriots Fan after reading some of your posts.

Im thinking this is going to be a rough year for both of us.
There's always hope but our problem is the division we're in. If the Pats were in either of the south divisions in football they'd be looking at a possible "title"

Because you do not agree with it? Because it is not part of the cheerleading homers on this board?

Everyone on this board should have the exact same opinion or else there is no place for them on this board

The people who complain the loudest about different opinions on this board are the most insecure about their own cheerleading

Put me on ignore, please. I will do the same with you.
That's it in a nutshell. Why else would there be a separate forum for the greatest Patriot ever?

But as a Brady fan, what are you doing in a "patsfan" forum other than trolling?
I'll give you the same answer to that question that Bill gave the reporter who asked him why we should trust him now.

The last 25 years.

From my standpoint it looks like what the Pats need most on offense is talent.

This thread should really be called, "I want Coach Belichick Fired".
WTF is wrong with questioning the HC of a football team, especially one who doubles as the GM and hasn't been very good at it lately?
Btw, his dual role is definitely an issue because there's no way that he's giving up as GM and staying on as a HC. It's both or nothing so he's basically holding the team hostage.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back