PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Gregory released

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kelly is healed, then he's a bargain at 2M or whatever his salary is.

It's Wilfork's 7.5 or 8M which is the elephant in the room.

Did a Tiger Woods-esque fist pump when I found out the good news.

It will be interesting to find out the "Why?" on this. Did he refuse to take a pay cut? Did he refuse the idea of being a backup? Did the Patriots just decide to move on?

Any way you look at it, the safety position next to McCourty will be different next year. That's a good thing.

If Tavon Wilson gets an early contract extension, your posts will be epic!

To be fair, 2011 is what M&F complain about. They have their facts right.

Another vision shattered. :bricks:

I think that it's reasonable to wonder why the Pats' didn't pursue Goldson more vigorously. He had been an unsigned FA into the start of training camp, and they had him in for a visit in early August. A few days later SF signed him to a 1 year deal for chump change (somewhere around $2M, IIRC), and then BB tore up the entire safety position within 2-3 weeks. It's a little weird that he had no inkling of being unhappy with the position, and Goldson had played reasonably well in 2010 for the 49ers. That one was a major missed opportunity, IMHO. Maybe BB thought Goldson was too much like Meriweather, but if he was unhappy with Meriweather there weren't many good options out there at that point.

"I hated Gregory...now I have to find a different Patriot player to hate on all season...man, it's tough being a Patriot fan..."

ku-xlarge.gif

I wanted to like Gregory a lot .. but then his play on the field pretty much put and end to that....

chin up Stevie.

thanks for the service.

It was the obvious move by the team though.

If Tavon Wilson gets an early contract extension, your posts will be epic!

Tavon will look great rounding out the group with Patrick Chung, Sergio Brown and James Ihedigbo. Fortunately, they can all back up Matt Elam, who's definitely ready to step up his game after starting 15 of 16 games last year and getting his feet wet.

Wait..... Son of a

testpattern.gif

BB seems to do something every year that shocks us.
My shock cut was Nink do I think it will happen? I highly doubt it

No
BB never does things that are that stupid.
Look at Ninko and salary cap. Nink could bang BB's GF and if he could still walk, he'd still be on the 53 because of the cap this year.

I like our young guys (Wilson, Harmon) and would love to see them in more prominent roles, but could this also mean (hopefully) that Adrian Wilson is healthy and ready to contribute?

"I hated Gregory...now I have to find a different Patriot player to hate on all season...man, it's tough being a Patriot fan..."

I'm sure they'll just double down on hating McCourty for some weird reason, considering that we've seen enough terrible safeties since Geno went to **** that you'd think we could recognize a good one by now just by recognizing all of the bad things that he doesn't do.

And I'm sure that whoever replaces Gregory (Harmon?) will get his fair share of hate.

big...hard hitter needed

Don't need a hard hitter, although that would be nice. Someone that doesn't take horrible angles to the ball and doesn't miss tackles like Gregory would be a huge improvement in itself.

Another vision shattered. :bricks:

I think that it's reasonable to wonder why the Pats' didn't pursue Goldson more vigorously. He had been an unsigned FA into the start of training camp, and they had him in for a visit in early August. A few days later SF signed him to a 1 year deal for chump change (somewhere around $2M, IIRC), and then BB tore up the entire safety position within 2-3 weeks. It's a little weird that he had no inkling of being unhappy with the position, and Goldson had played reasonably well in 2010 for the 49ers. That one was a major missed opportunity, IMHO. Maybe BB thought Goldson was too much like Meriweather, but if he was unhappy with Meriweather there weren't many good options out there at that point.

My recolection of the situation at the time was that we tried to get him and chose to stay in San Fran. Sure we could have offered more and possibly changed his mind but without knowing if or what exactly was offered its hard to say if BB could of or should of done more.

All we really know is he came in for a visit and chose SF and a few weeks later we got rid of a bunch of other garbage but no one can say if there was something BB did wrong or could have done differently to get the player.

What is all this "BB didn't want Goldson" ****? Goldson *chose* the 49ers over us. Let it go.

What great news!

Now, we can start Harmon and have Tavon Wilson as our primary backup while we draft yet another rookie for future development.

Or better yet, we can all hope that Adrian Wilson can start. As I recall that plan worked great last year.

What great news!

Now, we can start Harmon and have Tavon Wilson as our primary backup while we draft yet another rookie for future development.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST