PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers match offer sheet retain RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steelers match offer sheet retain Sanders

So the Pats are going to go from giving $2.5M and a third for Sanders to giving $10M a year and a first for Cruz? I see way too big of a value discrepancy for there to be any correlation.

I am just throwing it out there. I mean its obvious they see a need just a question of how big of a need. I wouldn't be for it but I didn't even want to give up a 3rd for Sanders to be honest. I'm ok with drafting 2 WR and seeing if we can have at least one turn out to be special. My thought is they saw this likely happening when they resigned Edelman shortly after the offer.

9-7 this year.

I am just throwing it out there. I mean its obvious they see a need just a question of how big of a need. I wouldn't be for it but I didn't even want to give up a 3rd for Sanders to be honest. I'm ok with drafting 2 WR and seeing if we can have at least one turn out to be special. My thought is they saw this likely happening when they resigned Edelman shortly after the offer.

Edelman is insurance, if Danny goes down.

Iam happy about this. Was never sold big on sanders being the missing piece and giving up a draft choice for him when we have only 5 picks didnt seem good. Lets try and draft a good WR now.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I think all Steelers' fans are shocked by this too. I think we have the framework of a long term deal worked out with him though.

As for poor drafting of wide receivers, it's hard to miss on receivers this year. Guys like DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen will be there in the first round and Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers will be sittin' there in the second.

I thought Steelers fans panicked. Jeez.

All of that certainly diddnt help and injuries cost us. Unfortunately with all that Lloyd wasnt a guy to carry the team in that situation, but again he was not paid to be that guy.

He is a sold complimentary piece. With AH and Gronk never coming off the field and DA, we need some other pieces. I think BL is a good compliment to them.

I think Lloyd fits best as Z wide receiver on a team that runs a base with two outside wide receivers like Decker plays in Denver. He doesn't have the skill set to play one on one against the best CB's week in and week out.

His stats against Cromartie and Steve Smith the best CB in our division were pathetic in those 4 games he had 6 catches on 19 targets for a 31.57% completion percentage 51 yards 8.5 yards per catch and 0 touchdowns.

not sure if serious

if so, lols

Wow all I have to say is if Sanders was worth 3-4 wins we should offer $10 mil a year easy.

Bummed out by this news. Sanders would have been a great addition for picking up Lloyd's Spot. I would have preferred our draft focus on DBs and defensive lineman. I predict Lloyd will be back and we draft a WR early.

Iam happy about this. Was never sold big on sanders being the missing piece and giving up a draft choice for him when we have only 5 picks didnt seem good. Lets try and draft a good WR now.

Thing is...you have a better chance at a guy like Sanders paying off becasue you know what his skill set is in the NFL..where as drafting a WR..any coach will tell you..it is a very different transition from college systems to NFL systems and you never know how they will react unless it's a guy like Calvin Johnson

That would be great n all if the Pats knew how to pick em...
Until Gronk and Hernandez the Patriots were not good at drafting Tight Ends. Seems to me that nobody is any good at anything until they are.

IMHO, the likelihood of major rookie contributions from a rookie wide receiver not chosen in the top 20 is pretty low, no matter which team is drafting. So, drafting 2 to get 1 may be a reasonable strategy.

For me, the key is building for the future. We need to draft a wide receiver or two for the future.

HOWEVER, we also need Lloyd and some JAG camp fodder as we have every year. Certainly, there is no certainty regarding health. Also, Jones and Jenkins are not exactly roster locks, or shouldn't be.

IMHO, the likelihood of major rookie contributions from a rookie wide receiver not chosen in the top 20 is pretty low, no matter which team is drafting. So, drafting 2 to get 1 may be a reasonable strategy.

For me, the key is building for the future. We need to draft a wide receiver or two for the future.

HOWEVER, we also need Lloyd and some JAG camp fodder as we have every year. Certainly, there is no certainty regarding health. Also, Jones and Jenkins are not exactly roster locks, or shouldn't be.

His punt return ability aside, Edelman shouldn't be a lock either.

The hate for Lloyd on this site is comical. You would think after Ocho, Galloway, and Holt which were all total failures that people would worship the guy.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I am on a site with a bunch of chicken little whiners who know nothing about football. It better to just piss on players who dont meet their unrealistic expectations.

Any any poster who thought Lloyd was going to put up moss numbers (which we seem to have a few) is a moron.

Hyperbole because even I, the resident moron, did not expect Moss numbers

Yeah, not that! A almost 1000 yd guy on a cheap contract who already has a year in the system.

People have got to stop referencing lloyd's stats in an attempt to justify re-signing him. Lloyd had a good year, but he's not the type of WR this team needs. They need a number 1 receiver, not a guy who can run sideline routes. Im fine with lloyd as a number 2, but not a number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3