PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers match offer sheet retain RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually curious if its Victor Cruz. Maybe you take a shot at the the lesser Sanders first to save money and compensation you see better overall value and if that falls through you pull the trigger on Cruz. Just the way we timed the Sanders deal makes me wonder.

Space Aliens inhabiting Brady and bringing us to last place is more likely

I didn't think he [Lloyd] really did much better than Johnson did. I just think the injuries to Gronk, Hernandez, Edelman forced Brady to send 130 balls his way and of which he didn't do crap with in my eyes. I didn't expect Moss results I actually didn't like the signing from the beginning.

The perfect illustration of why innumeracy is a serious problem with the US educational system

People have got to stop referencing lloyd's stats in an attempt to justify re-signing him. Lloyd had a good year, but he's not the type of WR this team needs. They need a number 1 receiver, not a guy who can run sideline routes. Im fine with lloyd as a number 2, but not a number 1.

Wha???? First of all this whole board is stat driven so it seems like the only way to communicate here.

Second, he is exactly what the team needs - especially at the price. I dont know who the "number 1" is. That is why they have training camp. We still have a long way to go.

And what is a number one anyway? I am sure DA is going to see a lot of the field. And what about AH. It seems he could be the number 1. The guy plays most of the snaps.

I am just throwing it out there. I mean its obvious they see a need just a question of how big of a need. I wouldn't be for it but I didn't even want to give up a 3rd for Sanders to be honest. I'm ok with drafting 2 WR and seeing if we can have at least one turn out to be special. My thought is they saw this likely happening when they resigned Edelman shortly after the offer.

The Pats have a 1,2,3,7 for picks. Do you think BB will use half his draft on WR?

Steelers match offer sheet retain Sanders

Wha???? First of all this whole board is stat driven so it seems like the only way to communicate here.

Second, he is exactly what the team needs - especially at the price. I dont know who the "number 1" is. That is why they have training camp. We still have a long way to go.

And what is a number one anyway? I am sure DA is going to see a lot of the field. And what about AH. It seems he could be the number 1. The guy plays most of the snaps.

It's not about being a number #1 in the eyes of Brady, its about match ups and in most offensive sets because of where he lines up he is going to be against the opponents #1 because only certain teams will use their best CB in the slot or against a TE. Lloyd is not going to win a lot of those one on one battles especially a year older.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I think all Steelers' fans are shocked by this too. I think we have the framework of a long term deal worked out with him though.

As for poor drafting of wide receivers, it's hard to miss on receivers this year. Guys like DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen will be there in the first round and Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers will be sittin' there in the second.

I thought Steelers fans panicked. Jeez.

Eh, I knew the **** would hit the fan when Pittsburgh matched. Most of the people going full ****** on this one are the same people that assumed he was a Patriot the moment we signed him to the offer sheet.

The Pats have a 1,2,3,7 for picks. Do you think BB will use half his draft on WR?

I do think he will yes. I thought he'd of draft a WR and give a 3 for Sanders which is also half the draft.

Now there's some useful analysis. Thanks for the lesson

I don't really think that post merits additional comment. Do you? If so, why? Are you capable of even articulating your thoughts, or is your entire existence here predicated on trolling?

Brandon Lloyd we turn our lonely eyes to you.
ummm.NOOOOOOO..Me thinks not...he was a cancer in the locker room...he had no YAC .....could not extend the field.....just draft for the future!!! It's not the end of the world...nor is the sky falling......besides...moss would be a better fit a cheap money...:rocker:

The perfect illustration of why innumeracy is a serious problem with the US educational system

The problem I see in the US is people hiding behind computer screens saying stuff they'd never have the balls to say to someone face to face. Take your rude, unnecessary comments elsewhere I don't have the time nor the interest for Internet tough guys who submit to their fat wives and mangers at their janitor jobs in real life and then take to forums to recoup their sense of manhood.

Deuces little man!

The problem I see in the US is people hiding behind computer screens saying stuff they'd never have the balls to say to someone face to face. Take your rude, unnecessary comments elsewhere I don't have the time nor the interest for Internet tough guys who submit to their fat wives and mangers at their janitor jobs..

Deuces little man!

This would be more compelling were he incorrect, you know.

Eh, I knew the **** would hit the fan when Pittsburgh matched. Most of the people going full ****** on this one are the same people that assumed he was a Patriot the moment we signed him to the offer sheet.

I guess all fanbases have their share of embarrassing members. God knows we have them. I like that the guys on here are saying 9-7, etc. though.

The draft hasn't even happened and everyone is freaking out about their rosters. I don't understand.

9-7 this year.

Jets * 2
Bills * 2
Dolphins * 2
Browns
Steelers
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Ravens
Bengals
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

You can only find 9 wins there? The WR group sucks right now, I grant you, but still.... 9-7?

ummm.NOOOOOOO..Me thinks not...he was a cancer in the locker room...he had no YAC .....could not extend the field.....just draft for the future!!! It's not the end of the world...nor is the sky falling......besides...moss would be a better fit a cheap money...:rocker:

This is a joke, correct?

Jets * 2
Bills * 2
Dolphins * 2
Browns
Steelers
Saints
Bucs
Broncos
Ravens
Bengals
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

You can only find 9 wins there? The WR group sucks right now, I grant you, but still.... 9-7?

It seemed like a really silly post. Especially when tied to the signing of Sanders as if that put them over the edge.

This team if healthy will be fine. Again, it comes down to health. 9-7 could take the division though.

I just want a healthy team regardless of record. Get in the playoffs healthy, do major damage.

This would be more compelling were he incorrect, you know.

He is rude in every thread. For every 1 valid post he writes in here he puts out another 9 that are just unnecessary. I assure you he wouldn't act that way in real life he just feels secure with his keyboard and Jack that is a false sense of security my friend. You shouldn't go around disrespecting people just because you aren't in front of them. I don't do that I react when people do it to me but I never just openly disrespect someone for giggles I am smart enough to know that I could say that to the wrong person and they could track me down and do something awful. We live in a dangerous world.

I think the appropriate question is: why are we projecting a record when they final roster isn't even set?

The problem I see in the US is people hiding behind computer screens saying stuff they'd never have the balls to say to someone face to face. Take your rude, unnecessary comments elsewhere I don't have the time nor the interest for Internet tough guys who submit to their fat wives and mangers at their janitor jobs in real life and then take to forums to recoup their sense of manhood.

Deuces little man!

Hello, Pot?
This is kettle.
You're black!

I think the appropriate question is: why are we projecting a record when they final roster isn't even set?

And why didn't we pay Sanders $10-$12 mill if he was the difference between 12-4 or 13-3 and 9-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back