PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanley Cup - Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks

To see the Bruins play as well as they did tonight and lose is frustrating. I'm rope-able.

Just like the first game..Should be 1-1 right now..nope..0-2 Anyone know the stats on team leading 2-0 in cup playoffs? Gotta be at about 95%

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who was on the ice when Thomas was that far from his goal, without the puck, without defensive help and the entire left side of his net wide open someone needs to punch him in the mouth in the locker room.

Three ridiculously soft goals that go down on Thomas. As much as he kept the Bruins in it tonight this loss is completely on him and 3 errors of judgement on his behalf.

To see the Bruins play as well as they did tonight and lose is frustrating. I'm rope-able.

It wasn't just the last goal.....Burrows scored the first goal, assisted on the 2nd goal and scored the 3rd goal.....After the ******* refs screwed the Celtics against the heat, now the ******* Canucks can bite and **** and not get penalized for it is total and utter bull****.....It would have made a difference because it would have screwed up their lines.....Yes Thomas and defense made mistakes tonight but again burrows was the biggest catalyst and his sorry ***** ass shouldn't have been on the ice.....I can't find mike murphy's e-mail address otherwise I would send him a ******* e-mail and tell him where he can stick the ******* puck....

It wasn't just the last goal.....Burrows scored the first goal, assisted on the 2nd goal and scored the 3rd goal.....After the ******* refs screwed the Celtics against the heat, now the ******* Canucks can bite and **** and not get penalized for it is total and utter bull****.....It would have made a difference because it would have screwed up their lines.....Yes Thomas and defense made mistakes tonight but again burrows was the biggest catalyst and his sorry ***** ass shouldn't have been on the ice.....I can't find mike murphy's e-mail address otherwise I would send him a ******* e-mail and tell him where he can stick the ******* puck....
I prefer not to blame the officials for something that happened in game 1 when the Bruins could have stopped his performance in game 2. Suspension or not I'm not willing to blame the NHL for Thomas' costing the team game 2 and potentially a Stanley Cup.

Imagine my predicament, living in downtown Vancouver...
It's bad enough the way they've lose these last two games, it's worse having to listen to the aftermath into the wee hours of the morning. (And I don't even like hockey that much...)

-Jamman

Last edited:
The loss is on Thomas?!

Thomas was the only reason they were in the game. They've had defensive lapses nonstop in both games, and Vancouver us far too good a team to do that around. All 3 goals resulted from defensive miscues.

B's are 1-26 all time when trailing 0-2

:bricks::bricks:

i feel bad for you guys, that was fn brutal, losing two games in a row like that....man, i sincerely feel bad

bruins MUST sweep at home now, no question

The loss is on Thomas?!

Thomas was the only reason they were in the game. They've had defensive lapses nonstop in both games, and Vancouver us far too good a team to do that around. All 3 goals resulted from defensive miscues.

the first goal was kinda softball, the OT goal was kinda ******ed simply because he threw his head at the guy

but thomas was hardly the reason for the loss

you can't give away a puck in your zone, that's just asking for trouble

habs fans think chara shoulda been suspended too

it's almost like karma

the first goal was kinda softball, the OT goal was kinda ******ed simply because he threw his head at the guy

No doubt the Bruins defensively made some pretty poor plays and despite Thomas making some excellent saves you simply can't go past the three soft goals he conceded as a point of differential in the loss. He was a major contributing factor in the loss tonight as much as he was in keeping the Bruins in game 1. Anyone who attempts to argue otherwise is myopic.

The OT goal was icing on the cake. It was one of the stupidest sequence of events I've seen this entire NHL season.

Last edited:

the 1st goal also came after a giveaway and was at short-range. The OT was a 1-on-1 where Chara managed not to touch either Burrows or the puck. If there is no break, or Chara rides him off, Thomas isn't left trying to challenge. Even after the challenge, if Chara puts a body on Burrows there is no goal.

Play defense, stop giving the puck away and clear it when it's in your possession in your own end.

No doubt the Bruins defensively made some pretty poor plays and despite Thomas making some excellent saves you simply can't go past the three soft goals he conceded as a point of differential in the loss. He was a major contributing factor in the loss tonight as much as he was in keeping the Bruins in game 1. Anyone who attempts to argue otherwise is myopic.

The OT goal was icing on the cake. It was one of the stupidest sequence of events I've seen this entire NHL season.

How are possibly arguing that the 2nd goal was "soft"? The bruins left men open all over the place, all within close proximity to the net. The goal scorer didn't have a Bruin near him as Thomas tried to get to that side.

disagree really

i mean look at goal 2 and 3 , they were straight off of boston giveaways

boston let the sedins take the puck and set up the 2nd goal, boston lets vancouver steal the puck in OT , setting up the 3rd goal, in fact, chara's leg is what takes out thomas

thomas played well but boston was just a tad too sloppy on a few plays

the 1st goal also came after a giveaway and was at short-range. The OT was a 1-on-1 where Chara managed not to touch either Burrows or the puck. If there is no break, or Chara rides him off, Thomas isn't left trying to challenge. Even after the challenge, if Chara puts a body on Burrows there is no goal.

Play defense, stop giving the puck away and clear it when it's in your possession in your own end.

exactly, i hate chara's guts but even i was screaming at him to just drag the guy down

How are possibly arguing that the 2nd goal was "soft"? The bruins left men open all over the place, all within close proximity to the net. The goal scorer didn't have a Bruin near him as Thomas tried to get to that side.

exactly, the fact thomas' leg even had a chance to block that goal was amazing

Thomas was so slow to react that by the time he did react to the shot the puck was already in the net. It was soft as butter just like your explanation of the 3rd goal. I'm sure there was a reason for Thomas coming so far off his line without anyone defending the left side of the net either.

But hey it's OK. It's OK to make mistakes and not take responsibility for them isn't it chicowalker? Thomas made 3 major stuff ups tonight. They cost the Bruins 3 goals. That's not to say the defensive help wasn't there but his excellent work was outdone by his failures 3 of which were goals.

You're an argumentative pain in the arse and I'm putting you on ignore.

Last edited:
disagree really

i mean look at goal 2 and 3 , they were straight off of boston giveaways

boston let the sedins take the puck and set up the 2nd goal, boston lets vancouver steal the puck in OT , setting up the 3rd goal, in fact, chara's leg is what takes out thomas

thomas played well but boston was just a tad too sloppy on a few plays
I'm not disagreeing that Thomas didn't play well nor did the defense breakdown. What I am stating is that he cost the team because he made 3 critical mistakes that results in 3 goals in conjunction with the team. He really should have saved at least 2 of the 3 (granted as per usual he made some ripping saves) and you can argue that despite whatever Chara did the OT goal shouldn't have even seen the light of day if he had played the percentages knowing there was no defensive help on the left side of the ice when coming out so far.

The Canucks are a fantastic team but the Bruins have outplayed them for two losses. It's a big hole to climb out of. Don't misrepresent an isolated game because Thomas was epic in game 1. Epic.

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing that Thomas didn't play well nor did the defense breakdown. What I am stating is that he cost the team because he made 3 critical mistakes that results in 3 goals in conjunction with the team. He really should have saved at least 2 of the 3 (granted as per usual he made some ripping saves) and you can argue that despite whatever Chara did the OT goal shouldn't have even seen the light of day if he had played the percentages knowing there was no defensive help on the left side of the ice when coming out so far.

The Canucks are a fantastic team but the Bruins have outplayed them for two losses. It's a big hole to climb out of. Don't misrepresent an isolated game because Thomas was epic in game 1. Epic.

the problem with goal 2 is, boston's D let's the canuck skate on through unchecked, thomas correctly was focusing on the man with the puck in the middle, there was way too much traffic happening on that goal

the problem with goal 2 is, boston's D let's the canuck skate on through unchecked, thomas correctly was focusing on the man with the puck in the middle, there was way too much traffic happening on that goal
Granted I agree with much of what you're saying I just thought for where the puck was to where it got to he reacted much slower than what he normally would and had been through out the game for that to be such an easy shot on goal. Some of the saves he was making in game 1 let alone in tonight's game he would have saved 99 out of 100 times.

Perhaps he's set the bar so high with some of the saves he's made that when simple mistakes occur they seem multiplied because there's a championship riding on every single play. I'm pleased to read that the Bruins know it's been their own efforts rather than Vancouver playing amazing hockey that's put them in this 2 hole. That's a testament to the greatness of the Canucks. They capitalize on mistakes and win even when they shouldn't.

It really is annoying to watch a team not once but twice out skate their opponents and end up on the wrong end of the result.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back