2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The East is set:
Bruins vs Panthers
Hurricanes vs Islanders
Devils vs Rangers
Maple Leafs vs Lightning

NGL, as a Bruins fan I am pleased it's Carolina that has to face the Islanders. While I wasn't sweating the B's getting beat in a 7 game series by any of their potential 1st round opponents, I had a concern for how beat up they might get by the heavy playing Isles. Washington can bury the biscuit, particularly on the PP but they they are suspect defensively and more of a finesse group. As a rule that leads ro fewer injuries, I certainly hope the rule bears out in this series. Bobrovsky is sporting a GAA of 3.07 and a save % under .905 so the one area that always bears watching when you consider how an underdog might steal a series doesn't give Florida backers much hope, they're down to starting career journeyman Alec Lyon over 'Bob'

Devils/Rangers and Leafs/Lightning look to be great matchups, gotta love Stanley Cuo hockey and those series promise to be great watches.

GAME ON!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: sb1
B's in 5
Leafs in 7
Rangers in 7
Canes in 6
Oilers in 6
Knights in 5
Avalanche in 5
Stars in 6

B's in 5
Leafs in 7
Rangers in 7
Canes in 6
Oilers in 6
Knights in 5
Avalanche in 5
Stars in 6

Your B's prediction isn't unrealistic. I've heard some talk about the .500 head to head record of the B's vs Panthers this season but that argument doesn't stand up to much scrutiny. Florida beat Boston when they were in that 5 games in 7 nights under-manned mini road skid in January and in November when the B's had played 4 games in 6 nights. The schedule beat the B's every bit as much as the Panthers did. Obviously in a series both teams get equal rest.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Your B's prediction isn't unrealistic. I've heard some talk about the .500 head to head record of the B's vs Panthers this season but that argument doesn't stand up to much scrutiny. Florida beat Boston when they were in that 5 games in 7 nights under-manned mini road skid in January and in November when the B's had played 4 games in 6 nights. The schedule beat the B's every bit as much as the Panthers did. Obviously in a series both teams get equal rest.
Panthers are not the same team that had 58 wins last year but are still very good and playing very well now. The fact that they are doing it w/o Bobrovsky in net is a little concerning. Last 8 games this Lyon kid has a .943 save %.

Certainly not a push-over 1st rd opponent but B's should win in 6-7 games because they are too deep and a more well-rounded team.

This depth is insane.

A shame some of these guys are going to sit for Foligno and Forbert

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Jake DeBrusk
Pavel Zacha - David Krejci - David Pastrnak
Taylor Hall - Charlie Coyle - Tyler Bertuzzi
Trent Frederic - Tomas Nosek - Garnet Hathaway

Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy
Hampus Lindholm - Brandon Carlo
Dmitry Orlov - Connor Clifton

For PK Forbert prob will go back with Orlov. Where Foligno goes....Nosek sits?

This depth is insane.

A shame some of these guys are going to sit for Foligno and Forbert

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Jake DeBrusk
Pavel Zacha - David Krejci - David Pastrnak
Taylor Hall - Charlie Coyle - Tyler Bertuzzi
Trent Frederic - Tomas Nosek - Garnet Hathaway

Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy
Hampus Lindholm - Brandon Carlo
Dmitry Orlov - Connor Clifton

For PK Forbert prob will go back with Orlov. Where Foligno goes....Nosek sits?

Foligno probably bumps Frederic, which is brutal for the kid. Originally when they picked up Orlov a lot of the speculation was Griz would get taxied but his production playing next to McAvoy is undeniable. Unless he disappears as has happened in past playoffs when they've played a 'heavy' team. It may well be Cliffy rides the pine when Forbort is good to go. The inevitable attrition of the playoffs will probably answer the questions brought up by the depth "problem"

I agree it will probably be Fredric since he doesn’t play on the PP or PK teams. It’s a long playoff someone will get injured or benched and he will get on the ice again.

Foligno probably bumps Frederic, which is brutal for the kid. Originally when they picked up Orlov a lot of the speculation was Griz would get taxied but his production playing next to McAvoy is undeniable. Unless he disappears as has happened in past playoffs when they've played a 'heavy' team. It may well be Cliffy rides the pine when Forbort is good to go. The inevitable attrition of the playoffs will probably answer the questions brought up by the depth "problem"
I agree it will probably be Fredric since he doesn’t play on the PP or PK teams. It’s a long playoff someone will get injured or benched and he will get on the ice again.
Yea. I think you are right as Nosek is also really good at faceoffs

Yea. I think you are right as Nosek is also really good at faceoffs

Much like Forbort, his expertise lies in an area that doesn't translate on the score sheet but can def keep games out of the 'L' column.
Nosek ranks 4th in faceoff wins among playoff centers, with Bergeron at 1. That's a big deal when you consider they are the centers for Boston's 1 & 2 PK units

Much like Forbort, his expertise lies in an area that doesn't translate on the score sheet but can def keep games out of the 'L' column.
Nosek ranks 4th in faceoff wins among playoff centers, with Bergeron at 1. That's a big deal when you consider they are the centers for Boston's 1 & 2 PK units
Agree. ...and with FLA being an excellent offensive team, less chances they have the better.

Agree. ...and with FLA being an excellent offensive team, less chances they have the better.

Yep, when the supposed pundits start cranking displaying their hockey ignorance we'll hear plenty about FL's PP and some about the B's PK but none of them will look at why the numbers are where they are.

Me, I'm over here wondering what our PP can do to quit bleeding shorties without neutering itself. The Panthers may have the worst PK in the Eastern Conf playoffs but their offensive skill level is excellent so giving up shortie opportunities could be a factor in letting a game or two slip away. Every game played adds to the injury risk.

I always suck at these types of prediction, but I'll give it a shot:

B's over Panthers in 5 (I almost said in 4)
Lightning over Leafs in 7 (Cooper will get them motivated, again)
Rangers over Devils in 7 (Just don't believe in the Devils, I guess)
Canes over Islanders in 6 (Islanders as well as every team in the playoffs should be very aware of the Canes, really good team)
Oilers over Kings in 7 (Oilers will squeak by and that is all they will do; second round is where they will meet their demise)
Knights over Jets in 6 (Honestly this could be done in 4 or 5, but I kinda like the Jets and still enjoy watching Wheeler play)
Wild over Stars in 6 (Remember when the Stars left Minnesota? Well the fans will be saying we are happier with the Wild after this series.)
Kraken over Avalanche in 7 (Grubauer will stymie his former team and the Beniers kid will shine in the spotlight, Kraken have a great goal song)

92a95ce80535ff7377e90cad5693295a.jpg

Ouch, Bergeron looking like a game time decision
Shinzawa reporting Lauko lost 8 friggin pounds from this bug.

Ouch, Bergeron looking like a game time decision
Shinzawa reporting Lauko lost 8 friggin pounds from this bug.
Ullmark sick as well. yikes

No Bergeron, LFG!!!!!!

1 down, 15 to go

Montgomery rolled 4 pretty consistently, Maurice used his 4th line pretty sparingly. It certainly showed up in the latter half of the third period. The B;s still had plenty in the tank, the Panthers were noticeably slower.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back