PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Racism in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I hesitate to bring this up for obvious reasons, but I saw Jaylen Brown’s comments about racism in Boston, and it seems like the kind of thing, that if it gets traction, might affect teams (including the Pats) ability to bring in players, free agents, from around the country.

I’m just wondering about this perspective that there’s more racism in Boston than in other cities. (I’ve been out of Massachusetts for awhile.) Like Lebron complaining about getting a beer dropped on him 10 years ago, that happens to athletes all the time. Or Irving, who when he brought up racism Brown seemed to shoot it down, but now Brown’s giving interviews to the NY Times about it.

Point being, the random incident here or there can happen anywhere. So I guess it’s a question for those that attend games—do you hear stuff a lot? Or is this overblown? I’m guessing this board is 90% white, but still, people can talk about what they hear.

For what it's worth, I've seen overt racism from a fan directed at Anson Carter on the ice in the City of Brotherly Love. Isolated incidents are everywhere, as you've noted.

Did the beer dropped on Lebron have swastikas on it or something? Not sure I'd accept that delusional race hustler's opinion on whether racism was involved.

There's racism everywhere but apparently in the sports world it seems to only take place in Boston. That's a narrative that has been sent for a while.
Yes, this topic has been broached here a bunch of times, so I'd prefer not to go down that road again. Although, I do understand why @aluminum seats questioned it and he makes some good points. I just know things never end well with this, so I'd prefer to avoid that right now unless it becomes a story or something where this becomes an expanded topic. If it does, I'll reopen this and merge it with whatever thread it is at that point but for now, I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3