PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stanley Cup - Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks

Going to be a tough series but i think they can take it..even if they get 2-4 PP goals i would be ecstatic.

B's have to get something on their PP to win this series

B's have to get something on their PP to win this series
Our PP really is a problem at present. 4 minutes for no real good shots. Little movement on the ice to open up the defense would be good.

0-3 on PP already..jesus might as well be 0-400 again

Last edited:
Our PP really is a problem at present. 4 minutes for no real good shots. Little movement on the ice to open up the defense would be good.

it has been horrible so far in game 1. 2 PPs so far in the first period (8min left) and nothing to show for it. Vancouver begging us to score and we dont. grrr

it has been horrible so far in game 1. 2 PPs so far in the first period (8min left) and nothing to show for it. Vancouver begging us to score and we dont. grrr
It's interesting the one thing that resonates with the Tampa and Vancouver PP's is that they look willing to take the game on and challenge the goalie by shooting in the attempt to win.

Boston's power play looks like they are trying to skate the puck in or hope for a lucky deflection. It's quite bizarre given the shooting prowess the Bruins have.

The first period really has been a feel out process for both sides.

Last edited:
It's interesting the one thing that resonates with the Tampa and Vancouver PP's is that they looking willing to take the game on and challenge the goalie by shooting in the attempt to win.

Boston's power play looks like they are trying to skate the puck in or hope for a lucky deflection. It's quite bizarre given the shooting prowess the Bruins have.

The first period really has been a feel out process for both sides.

I agree. I'm a huge believer in throwing everything on net when you can. The more shots you take then the odds are better for putting one in especially when you have an extra body to crash the net. Luongo is the perfect goalie to do this too.

Were we watching the same game? they didn't score on the 2+ power plays, but at least they had opportunities on the first 2. the partial one (the 3rd) was an absolute mess.

If they always play like they did on the first 2, the power play will be fine for the rest of the series. if it's like the 3rd, they're going 0-fer

edit: much bigger issue in 1st period, imo, was the sleepwalking on defense. Played better toward the end, but they need to step up on D or Vancouver will walk all over them this series.

Last edited:
They have to score with 5-3.....or not

Were we watching the same game? they didn't score on the 2+ power plays, but at least they had opportunities on the first 2. the partial one (the 3rd) was an absolute mess.

If they always play like they did on the first 2, the power play will be fine for the rest of the series. if it's like the 3rd, they're going 0-fer

edit: much bigger issue in 1st period, imo, was the sleepwalking on defense. Played better toward the end, but they need to step up on D or Vancouver will walk all over them this series.

I've seen some nice tape-to-tape passes from the corner to the blue line to the corner and back to the blue line all playoff long. I just haven't been happy with the action going on in the slot. There needs to be more of it with the likes of Horton and Lucic in there banging around their shoulders and pestering the goalie.

Does Henrik play soccer? he does a great job flopping

the Vancouver Canucks are an embarassment to hockey. What a bunch of frauds. Flopping is just as bad as a cheap shot...which they have done also in this game.

This game will not attract the casual fan to the game of hockey
... I like it ... a good strategy so far by the Bruins let's hope we get the one we need.

Last edited:
Allright it's about time for the B's to score 1 and hold on for the W...

What a way to lose...all that wasted effort

That mother ****er was OFFSIDE.....BLOW YOUR ******* WHISTLE!!!!!!

18 seconds to go. **** me.

Tough loss ... defensively we can handle them ... offensively we need to find something we can work with. Nothing to hang our heads about IMO.

18.5 seconds...if thats the case let them score in the first min like tampa did almost every game

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Back