PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Someone's jumped the gun...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: someone's jumped the gun....

wow thats an embarassment. this cant be a serious newspaper right

...and people think that I'm irrational when I say that I despise ALL MEDIA, and I don't believe a word they say or print. :rolleyes:

Re: Brady gone for '09 Too?

should send it to florio just for kicks

I offer nothing....

That reminds me: your contributions to our favorite thread in the Pub forum are missed. We've seen nothing from you in many months.

I wish if you're gonna make a thread like this make it clear what it's about "someone's jumped the gun" could be about anything.

Someone within the Patriot organization is telling folks in the media Brady is seriously hurt.

One theory that has been circulated on this board is that this is being done to drive up Cassel's value in trade. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense cause it doesn't drive his value up to anyone but the NEP. Other teams will assess if he is worth it or not.

But it does drive down Brady's potential value in trade.

So how about this for a theory:

BB has already decided he would rather trade Brady and keep Cassel and has shared this with his inner circle. So McDanials or Pioli gives inside off the record information to the media that Brady's injury is healing slower than expected to drive down his value so they get him for a bargain price for their new team as they would be the only likely suitor.

Is this a joke? So, you still think Belichick will take a $10 million cap hit in order to trade Brady (the obviously better QB of the two) and pay Matt Cassel equal or lesser money to Brady?? Let it go, man. The scenario you are talking about still has the Patriots paying 20+ million for QBs next season, only in your scenario, they've shipped off the best QB in the league. Really. Let it go.

Basically, let's say you have a filet mignon and a cheeseburger. You're advocating paying $40 for the filet mignon, giving it to a homeless guy [for a few draft picks which you could've gotten from the cheeseburger anyway, yes, homeless people always carry around draft picks], and then paying $40 for the cheeseburger.

Last edited:

I wish if you're gonna make a thread like this make it clear what it's about "someone's jumped the gun" could be about anything.

If you are gonna b!tch about something, make sure you are b!tching to the right person about it. I didn't make the thread that I posted the link to. Also, how hard would it have been for you to have put your cursor over the title on the main screen to see what they little synopsis box said?

The person who did that one did the title specifically that way because of how foolish both the articles are.

Florio would not touch it with a 10 ft pole.

That's because he's only in possession of a 2" pole, not any real journalistic integrity.

That's because he's only in possession of a 2" pole, not any real journalistic integrity.

Size matters?

That dynamic is only really relevant if their is only one buyer.

If Brady is not going to be able to start - Cassel is not on the market.

If Cassel is on the market - the question is not how much is he worth to the NEP, but among KC, Lions, Vikings etc. who is willing to pay the most.

Not necessarily. It's not either/or, but a continuum. The bidders might wonder if the pats are just going to get brady back later rather than sooner rather than not at all, and so would be ok with keeping Cassel if they don't get the right offer. That would change the baseline from which all Bidders would start. The more uncertainty the Pats spread, the better for them in the negotiation.

That reminds me: your contributions to our favorite thread in the Pub forum are missed. We've seen nothing from you in many months.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I had nothing left to say...

If you are gonna b!tch about something, make sure you are b!tching to the right person about it. I didn't make the thread that I posted the link to. Also, how hard would it have been for you to have put your cursor over the title on the main screen to see what they little synopsis box said?

The person who did that one did the title specifically that way because of how foolish both the articles are.
Um, I wasn't talkin about you dawg I was saying in general.

He has the best Rumor/News NFL site on the Web. No real journalistic integrity, I agree - but the guy is a Lawyer - What do you expect?

That is HILARIOUS. I think they're trying to distract Jets fans from their own team with wishful thinking..

Well, if you were a Jets fan, wouldn't you rather hear Brady is out for the 2009 season or real potential news like Brian Schottenheimer named the New York Jets' new head coach?

Someone within the Patriot organization is telling folks in the media Brady is seriously hurt.

One theory that has been circulated on this board is that this is being done to drive up Cassel's value in trade. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense cause it doesn't drive his value up to anyone but the NEP. Other teams will assess if he is worth it or not.

But it does drive down Brady's potential value in trade.

So how about this for a theory:

BB has already decided he would rather trade Brady and keep Cassel and has shared this with his inner circle. So McDanials or Pioli gives inside off the record information to the media that Brady's injury is healing slower than expected to drive down his value so they get him for a bargain price for their new team as they would be the only likely suitor.

Interesting theory. I think it totally incorrect and implausible, but interesting none the less. Belichick isn't trading Brady unless he was such damaged goods that he probably wouldn't pass a physical anywhere else. Brady is an once in a generation player. You don't just trade a guy like him away. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back