PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

Give me a break with all the moralizing crap. Smoking weed is harmless and the fact that it's illegal shows how pointless Puritanical and bureaucratic our government really is.

1.) It's not harmless.

2.) While I don't think it should be illegal, your argument about pointless, etc... is just wrong.

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

Generalizations, generalizations. You know, I believe the National Review came out in favor of decriminalization a while back. But no, only dirty hippie liberals from Massachusetts and California smoke weed/advocate decriminalization.

Some people need to find something more constructive to do with their time than holier-than-thou, self-righteous lecturing on a messageboard.

Well, by self-righteous you're implying that a "perfect person" would be drug-free, yes - why not strive for self-perfection, as impossible as it is to achieve?

I'd rather be spending my time discussing who to draft or who to sign. But thanks to Faulk's idiotic actions, we're not.

Here's my question in regard to his last statement: What happened to the old fashioned Republicans who didn't believe govt. shouldn't encroach on every aspect of our lives.

Sadly, they've been replaced by moralizers who think they know what's good for EVERYONE.

Yet another myth

As soon as someone explains why weed should be criminal and alcohol shouldn't, I'll start listening again.

Also, comparing Four Joints Faulk to Andrews is a bit of a stretch. Andrews possessed felony amounts, which is just unbelievably stupid for a variety of reasons.

1.) It's not harmless.

2.) While I don't think it should be illegal, your argument about pointless, etc... is just wrong.

(Falls off chair)

There's actually someone else out there who doesn't think marijuana is "harmless?"

Wow.

Well, by self-righteous you're implying that a "perfect person" would be drug-free, yes - why not strive for self-perfection, as impossible as it is to achieve?

Because someone who uses marijuana isn't any more or less "perfect" than someone who doesn't.

I mean, come on.

As soon as someone explains why weed should be criminal and alcohol shouldn't, I'll start listening again.

Well because the #1 cause of the munchies is much more serious then the #1 cause of domestic abuse.

So what if that guy got drunk and beat his wife, the much more serious issue is Doug over there talking to his hands and laughing.

Like watch a Lil Wayne concert on your time off from work?

Sadly, that's the real crime. Who the heck goes to see Lil Wayne, anyway?

Our world would be better without the prominence of alcohol use there is currently. Obviously, considering Prohibition, so many people are dependent on it that it's logistically impossible to stop.

Count me in on the crew that's absolutely disgusted that Kevin Faulk and some posters on this board resort to consuming substances to make themselves feel better.

Marijuana, Cocaine, Oxycontin, Ritalin, Aspirin, Alcohol, Food... they're all alike. You abusers of the above make me sick.

My busy and stoic lifestyle permits me only to ingest vitamin supplements and caloric suppositories, along with whatever water I can suck from the air.

Last edited:

Sadly, that's the real crime. Who the heck goes to see Lil Wayne, anyway?

You'd have to wonder why a black guy at a concert would get arrested for possession in LOUISIANA.

Hmm...

Our world would be better without the prominence of alcohol use there is currently. Obviously, considering Prohibition, so many people are dependent on it that it's logistically impossible to stop.

So people who consume alcohol are, of course, dependent on it.

Maybe you'd be more at home in a police state.

Because it demonstrates stupidity on Faulk's part, the kind of stupidity that we wouldn't expect from a veteran captain of the Patriots.

If he's not in the substance abuse program, he's about to find out what a pain it is to pee into the cup at random for the rest of career.

If he is already in the substance abuse program, he could be looking at a supension.

Either way, his NFL career with the Patriots is in jeopardy.

Ummm.if you guys don't want him anymore now..we (Giants) will gladly take him off your hands.

Using the word "harmless" to support either side of the argument is silly, and gives an opening for a tangent.

Nothing is harmless. Nothing.

Water, one of the most abundant and necessary substances, can kill if taken in massive doses.

Let's keep some perspective. I think using "victimless" is much better, unless using actually leads to someone being victimized, a la the difference between getting smashed in your house and getting smashed at a bar and wrecking a family of six on your way home.

Well because the #1 cause of the munchies is much more serious then the #1 cause of domestic abuse.

So what if that guy got drunk and beat his wife, the much more serious issue is Doug over there talking to his hands and laughing.

They're both depressants. We know about the effects of alcohol (ab)use more because the marijuana laws have been successful enough in curbing its prominence.

Count me in on the crew that's absolutely disgusted that Kevin Faulk and some posters on this board resort to consuming substances to make themselves feel better.

Marijuana, Cocaine, Oxycontin, Ritalin, Aspirin, Alcohol, Food... they're all alike. You abusers of the above make me sick.

My busy and stoic lifestyle permits me only to ingest vitamin supplements and caloric suppositories, along with whatever water I can suck from the air.

You forgot chocolate. There's always room for it, every diet must include it. It is as essential as oxygen. Never forget the chocolate. Never.

So I can easily infer from your statement that you do, in fact, think that alcohol consumption is worse than weed, seeing as so many people are dependent upon it.

But you just want to take up the easier fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News