PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

Jaywalking is illegal, too.

Question is, why would this diminish anyone's opinion of Faulk?

Because it could lead to his suspension?

Plus, it isn't like this team needs more bad press.

It's only a crime, because our country tells us it is.

Doesn't mean the punishment is justified.

Blacks once held no legal rights in this country. Them drinking out of the wrong fountain was a crime. Doesn't justify the punishment.

There's two separate issues here.

The first is Faulk doing something illegal. Whether it's assault and battery, DUI, murder, rape, theft, etc., it's something that can get you arrested. He's dumb to reflect the organization as poorly as he has.

The second is "legalize it?" This question has no bearing on what Faulk did. Just because he doesn't believe in the law doesn't mean he should disregard it. And as to this issue, we went through this before with Willie Andrews, and with Dexter Reid. In both of those situations, there was an overwhelming majority of posters in those threads who are proponents of legalizing it. I sure as hell hope that same percentage doesn't represent the number of pot heads on this board. I'd be ashamed to be a member here. It's sad. You have the right to disagree with the law, but I was astounded at the almost unanimous "it's nothing/marijuana is harmless/shouldn't be illegal/player X didn't do anything wrong/I do it too" attitude. No wonder why police narcotics units are fighting such an uphill battle against this stupid ****.

Yes, a crime.

Maybe we should legalize attempting suicide too.
It's not illegal to attempt suicide. Sure, they'll lock you up if they think you're a continuing danger to yourself, but you're not going to have criminal charges for attempting suicide.

What Faulk did was bad because it's illegal and now he put himself in an akward position with the team, but it's not like he did something morally reprehensible.

Because it demonstrates stupidity on Faulk's part, the kind of stupidity that we wouldn't expect from a veteran captain of the Patriots.

If he's not in the substance abuse program, he's about to find out what a pain it is to pee into the cup at random for the rest of career.

If he is already in the substance abuse program, he could be looking at a supension.

Either way, his NFL career with the Patriots is in jeopardy.

Not to be facetious here, but I don't think it's in much more jeopardy than it is for any other player; they could have released Andrews already if they wanted (he's arguably much more easily replaceable), and they didn't, so why would they cut Faulk over this?

The guy wanted to get high at a concert. What's the difference between that and getting drunk?
The difference is that if he got drunk he would've probably:
a) gotten into a fight
b) vomited
c) passed out in an undesirable location/position
d) woke up hungover, perhaps without remembering what he did
e) made an ***** of himself to at least 2-3 women
f) spent way too much on concert alcohol (not that it matters to a pro athlete)

If it was just Pot he would've probably only:
a) eaten chips

A) That's not the point. One is illegal, one isn't.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America. Unfortunately.

It is legal in some states........I would know I am a MMJ patient in socal. I can walk into a store and buy it legally so please shut up and go away.

That is all,

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

i don't know about you guys, but i could use a break from all this great news.

No wonder why police narcotics units are fighting such an uphill battle against this stupid ****.
No my friend, the reason they're fighting an uphill battle is because they want jobs. Drug enforcement employs lots of people, they don't care if they ever succeed because it's the fight that keeps them coming back. I'm not saying harm doesn't come from drugs, but US drug policy is to take a bazooka to a fly.

Last edited:

The immediate question here is whether Faulk will be cut. This is obviously highly unlikely, but I would definitely support the Pats' cause if they ever decided to do that.

The next is Faulk's impending entrance into a drug treatment/rehab program and/or a suspension.

The third is more negative press for the Pats. First Sullivan, then Andrews, now Faulk. Mr. Kraft can't be happy.

pats turning into potheads after the superbowl loss, crazy

No my friend, the reason they're fighting an uphill battle is because they want jobs. Drug enforcement employs lots of people, they don't care if they ever succeed because it's the fight that keeps them coming back. I'm not saying harm doesn't come from drugs, but US drug policy is to take a bazooka to a fly.

Makes them rich?

Faulk was moronic (idiotic, stupid, insert adjective here) for putting himself in this position.

True, he should have hid that s**t better. WTF?
I bet it was good stuff too.

It is legal in some states........I would know I am a MMJ patient in socal. I can walk into a store and buy it legally so please shut up and go away.

That is all,

So because someone takes oxycotin with a prescription that means it is fine for everyone else to use it recreationally?

That is all,

It's legal for medical purposes in some states, yes.

This obviously doesn't apply to Faulk.

Because it demonstrates stupidity on Faulk's part, the kind of stupidity that we wouldn't expect from a veteran captain of the Patriots.

Yeah, I guess if you expect NFL players to conduct themselves like they're bound by the convenant.

Either way, his NFL career with the Patriots is in jeopardy.

Utterly laughable.

Yeah! Another pot debate! Faulk is an idiot for doing it, yes. Is this a stupid crime? Also, yes.

Pats1, I respect you and your position, but it's not entirely fair to lump pot in with crack, coke, heroin etc....that is a very tough job for the cops that probably will never be won. I just don't see pot as that big a deal and I have not smoked it since high school.

I firmly believe it should be absolutely legal for medicinal purposes, no questions asked.

There's two separate issues here.

The first is Faulk doing something illegal. Whether it's assault and battery, DUI, murder, rape, theft, etc., it's something that can get you arrested. He's dumb to reflect the organization as poorly as he has.

The second is "legalize it?" This question has no bearing on what Faulk did. Just because he doesn't believe in the law doesn't mean he should disregard it. And as to this issue, we went through this before with Willie Andrews, and with Dexter Reid. In both of those situations, there was an overwhelming majority of posters in those threads who are proponents of legalizing it. I sure as hell hope that same percentage doesn't represent the number of pot heads on this board. I'd be ashamed to be a member here. It's sad. You have the right to disagree with the law, but I was astounded at the almost unanimous "it's nothing/marijuana is harmless/shouldn't be illegal/player X didn't do anything wrong/I do it too" attitude. No wonder why police narcotics units are fighting such an uphill battle against this stupid ****.

Hey man, I'm with you that he shouldn't have done it. Not because I personally feel it's wrong, but because of his position and responsibility as a member of our team.

I'm just saying, the fact that he and any other person for that matter are still being arrested for marijuana is ridiculous. Of course that's - as you said, another issue.

We're on the same page here as to if Kevin should have been doing this or not, but I don't understand what you have against marijuana, besides the fact it's illegal in our country.

Plus, it isn't like this team needs more bad press.

I don't think anyone cares that the Patriot's third-down RB got busted with a couple joints at a concert.

True, he should have hid that s**t better. WTF?
I bet it was good stuff too.

I was thinking the opposite. Four freakin' joints? Must have been some weak sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back