PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk passes drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Sorry if this is already been posted, but I didn't see it...

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080228/SPORTS/80228023

BREAKING NEWS: Faulk passes drug test
Patriots' running back says he submitted to immediate screening, leveled with coach
Kevin Foote
[email protected]

Carencro native Kevin Faulk of the New England Patriots has been cleared of any illegal drug use after the results of a controlled substance test were revealed today.

Faulk was issued a misdemeanor summons in Lafayette last Friday for possession of marijuana while attending a Lil' Wayne concert at the Cajundome.

Faulk told The Daily Advertiser today that the marijuana wasn't his and neither was the jacket he was wearing that contained the illegal substance.

Faulk said he was upfront with Patriots' coach Bill Belichick and the organization from the beginning and immediately submitted to a drug test that he took on Monday.

As a result of the negative drug test, Faulk will not have to enter the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse.

Last edited:
Wow, so now this got a little stranger. Either he, an NFL player, was carrying drugs for someone else (stupid), or he beat the test (likely). I wonder if he borrowed Onterrio Smith's Whizzinator.

clearly someone planted the drugs

It is really strange, but I like the fact that he was upfront about the situation so I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

ummmm he wasn't able to use the drugs because they confiscated the drugs.

Does anyone else find it amusing that this "solves the issue".

Last edited:

Yes but doesn't that stuff stay in your system for quite a bit of time? I'd think if it was his or he does smoke weed then he'd have done it recently, prior to that joint in particular. However, that is just my speculation.

So he was going to smoke dope for the FIRST TIME at a concert? :rolleyes:
Quick quiz! How long does dope stay in ones system?

Considering pot stays in your system for months, that exonerates him from being a habitual, or even occasional user.

What was he going to do that night? Hard to tell.

I'm just surprised Ty Law's cousins jacket fit him, I thought he was taller.

Last edited:
I need to start borrowing more friends jackets.

Yes but doesn't that stuff stay in your system for quite a bit of time? I'd think if it was his or he does smoke weed then he'd have done it recently, prior to that joint in particular. However, that is just my speculation.

Yeah, even if it's the first time you've smoked in a long time, it's still staying in your system for at least a week (and that's lowballing pretty hard). If he smoked with any regularity, it would be detectable by a drug test for several months, most likely.

IMO, he just beat the test. There's no way he would have been carrying four joints around if he didn't smoke, and the standard urine test is far from foolproof. I have a hard time believing that Onterrio Smith is the only football player to own a whizzinator :p

Last edited:
Interesting. Of course, you could easily have marijuana in your system and pass a drug test you knew you were taking by taking one of many, many over-the-counter masking agents. Heck, you could just drink a ton of water.

Anyway, some good news.

Yeah, even if it's the first time you've smoked in a long time, it's still staying in your system for at least a week (and that's lowballing pretty hard). If he smoked with any regularity, it would be detectable by a drug test for several months, most likely.

IMO, he just beat the test. There's no way he would have been carrying four joints around if he didn't smoke, and the standard urine test is far from foolproof. I have a hard time believing that Onterrio Smith is the only football player to own a whizzinator :p

That's definitely a possibility. At the very least I'm just glad he won't be suspended (at least I dont think he will). One less thing to worry about next season...

Interesting. Of course, you could easily have marijuana in your system and pass a drug test you knew you were taking by taking one of many, many over-the-counter masking agents. Heck, you could just drink a ton of water.

Anyway, some good news.

If you drink a ton of water, the test will come back as diluted, which, depending on who administers the test, is considered either a positive or inconclusive. You're right on about the masking agents, though- it's pretty absurdly easy to beat any of the standard tests if you know that they're coming.

As a result of the negative drug test, Faulk will not have to enter the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse.

That pretty much solves the issue.

That pretty much solves the issue.

There's still the conduct issue.

Good glad to hear it......so now this should be a non-issue.

*cough cough*

What were we talking about again?

On topic, as someone who dated a girl that worked in a testing lab, if your sample is too diluted by water (most places actually go by a color comparison chart, ew) your sample is marked as inconclusive. You have re-take the test within 24 hours, and if again it's still too diluted that's a failure, which, depending on the client they are administering the test for, can be the same as a positive. Most labs are now able to detect a good portion of the masking agents, so really one of the only ways around that is to bring your own clean sample or use a complete substitute.

Or so I heard.

Not saying he's as clean he says he is (not that I care, obviously) but that's what I know regarding testing.

Once again Kevin Faulk demonstrates the clutch playmaking ability and open field elusiveness Bill Belichick loves.

Once again Kevin Faulk demonstrates the clutch playmaking ability and open field elusiveness Bill Belichick loves.

rofl, post of the day. He juked the **** out of that drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots