PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
drugs are bad.

I would love to somehow find a way to blame Tony Dungy for all this. Somewhere, deep down, im sure he's to blame.

I'll post again when i figure it out.

God Bless us everyone. say no to drugs. school rules.

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

This conversation got out of hand fast. I'd love to see this thread disappear.

Don't say that, I just posted my comments!

Disappear, as in "Up in Smoke"...?

Re: question about faulk situation

yeah, but drunk driving, they ARREST you. the article said specifically, that he was not arrested, just cited. im confused.:bricks:

Being cited is being arrested. The cop will tell you that you have been arrested, but they just aren't taking you to jail. It happens a lot with simple possession charges, and criminal offenses like driving without a license where the paperwork involved in jailing someone isn't worth the time.

drugs are bad.

I would love to somehow find a way to blame Tony Dungy for all this. Somewhere, deep down, im sure he's to blame.

AAhhh, Keegs. My favorite bright spot. You always insert the humor. Keep 'em coming buddy, for the sake of the board.

So my man lit up at a lil wayne concert, whats the big deal?

First of all, it's the governments job to protect you, sometimes from yourself.

We could have a pretty long debate on this, but it would only further sidetrack this thread. Instead, I'll just say that Thomas Jefferson and James Madison would pretty strongly disagree with that sentiment.

drugs are bad.

Keegs...you crack me up...

In some states (like California) it's a misdemeanor, but some states have very tough laws that can result in severe penalties if you're caught with a gram. But in general, first time offenders get off with a fine plus court costs.

There is so much variance in how the courts deal with this stuff, even within the same state. It basically depends on who your dad is or how much money your family has. There is some really interesting investigative reporting in a book called "Reefer Madness" by the same guy that wrote Fast Food Nation and he documents cases where a rich kid was picked up with ounzes and let out for a fine while other people have been pulled over for a roach on their dash and the state repo's the vehicle along with 5 yrs in prison. Seriously screwy.

I think the country would be a better place if pot were legal and alcohol weren't.

That said -- Faulk doesn't lose my respect for this. He WILL lose respect from me if he doesn't say "Oh, dang. I got caught. My pot-smoking days now have to be over until I'm through playing football. I owe that to my team (that pays my hefty paycheck), teammates, coaches, and fans."

Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

Biggest ignorance is thinking that because you think it is okay, cops shouldn't enforce the law. It may or may not be okay. I don't know and don't care. Until the law is changed you are guilty for possession. What is so hard to understand about that?

Do it if you want. Just understand it is illegal and don't whine when a police record affects your ability to get bonded or a security clearance.

Are you that desperate to smoke it that you will risk employment? Do you need it that bad?

Look at the risk/reward. How can you even think it is worth the chance?

Way to put words in my mouth. I didn't even say I did it, but again, way to put words in my mouth. Did I say I was desperate to smoke it? Do I need it that bad?

You have still failed to tell me what is wrong with it. Don't tell me it's wrong because authority tells you it's wrong. Can you honestly tell me what is wrong with it? The cops are just doing they're job, and I don't have a problem with that.

I think this whole thing is silly...the citation...the prohibition...even the act of smoking. Who cares? This has not affected my affection for Kevin Faulk by a single molecule.

So my man lit up at a lil wayne concert, whats the big deal?

I'll tell you why... he's setting a bad example for other fans of lil wayne.

Next thing you know smoking pot at lil wayne concerts will run rampant... and before you know it people at ALL rap concerts will be smoking weed.

This in turn could infiltrate other genres of music, with a certain pungent smell arising from Dead concerts and Dave Matthews Band shows.

All because of Kevin Faulk.

Shame on you Kevin.

I thought this was over, which it is ! He tested clean, it wasn't his jacket, the UNSMOKED joints weren't his. Bringing his history into it has a Spygate feel to it, I hear ESPN is looking for writers.

Just joking with ya

Biggest ignorance is thinking that because you think it is okay, cops shouldn't enforce the law. It may or may not be okay. I don't know and don't care. Until the law is changed you are guilty for possession. What is so hard to understand about that?

----------------

and people in China should not protest human rights because it is against the law and if they do, they are just asking to be slaughtered....we should never question laws...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back