PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/archives/2008/02/faulk_arrested.html

February 26, 2008
Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

According to Louisiana station KATC, Patriots running back Kevin Faulk was arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession on Friday night.

Faulk, a team captain last season, was at the Cajundome for a concert featuring rapper Lil Wayne and a random security check turned up four joints.

Posted by Shalise Manza Young at 3:53 PM

so many smokers on this team..wtf. Moss/Stallworth/Faulk/Andrews..wouldnt doubt more

my love for Faulk went down some now..i really look @ smokers differently(not a good way)

i was hoping for a better example by 1 of our captains and most underrated players in the league

Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

rotoworld

so many smokers on this team..wtf. Moss/Stallworth/Faulk/Andrews..wouldnt doubt more

my love for Faulk went down some now..i really look @ smokers differently(not a good way)

i was hoping for a better example by 1 of our captains and most underrated players in the league

Spare us the sanctimonious crap. This is likely the reason neither Andrews nor Faulk will be cut.

If you think this type of behavior is rare in the NFL, I have some beachfront property to sell you.

rotoworld

Doesn't really bother me - smoking a joint at a concert... who cares. It's the off-season and I'm not even going to get started on how ridiculous marijuana laws are in this country.

It's a plant. Alcohol does more damage to the body that pot ever could.

Rotoworld said:
While going to the Cajundome is usually asking for trouble, Faulk might be the first concertgoer in history to get caught by a concert security check.

Seriously. What the hell, I've never seen someone arrested for having weed at a show.

They're usually just told to leave.

PS: Legalize it.

If he beat a chick up or killed someone drunk driving, I'd be a tad perturbed. But I really don't give a rat's ass who gets busted for something as innocuous as possession of marijuana, athlete or not.

Doesn't really bother me - smoking a joint at a concert... who cares. It's the off-season and I'm not even going to get started on how ridiculous marijuana laws are in this country.

It's a plant. Alcohol does more damage to the body that pot ever could.

A) That's not the point. One is illegal, one isn't.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America. Unfortunately.

Marijuana is a victimless crime.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America. Unfortunately.

Sad?

Square.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America.

"Legality" doesn't make me think that pot's bad but alcohol's still good. Legal/illegal when it comes to substance is a question of money. Always has been, always will be.

And no, I don't smoke anything.

Well I'm in California so I'm probably even worse of an example. I'd just rather hear he got caught with joints at a concert than driving drunk.

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

big deal:rolleyes:

im not saying cut him..i simply said i was disappointed. rules are rules. u obey them whether its extremely bad or not. stay out of trouble..please

your all saying big deal but we've seen some players get in big trouble with weed/drugs/alcohol by NFL and outside of it.

Last edited:

Yes, a crime.

Maybe we should legalize attempting suicide too.

It's only a crime, because our country tells us it is.

Doesn't mean the punishment is justified.

Blacks once held no legal rights in this country. Them drinking out of the wrong fountain was a crime. Doesn't justify the punishment.

"Legality" doesn't make me think that pot's bad but alcohol's still good. Legal/illegal when it comes to substance is a question of money. Always has been, always will be.

And no, I don't smoke anything.

Faulk was moronic (idiotic, stupid, insert adjective here) for putting himself in this position.

B) I find it sad how many people on this board believe marijuana is absolutely fine. Then again, this is Massachusetts. Not exactly Conservative America.

You don't have to be a liberal to think that marijuana should be legal, or to think that the American response to the issue of dangerous drugs is completely @#%(&ed up. And, BTW, there is no fundamental reason why marijuana couldn't be given a 'legitimate' status in the same way that both alcohol and nicotine products are. [Moreover, last I heard, a lot more people in this country are harmed by nicotine than marijuana; why is it legal again?]

I don't think all drugs should be legalized, but I do think that the drug laws need to be reformed.

Last edited:

Jaywalking is illegal, too.

Question is, why would this diminish anyone's opinion of Faulk?

Faulk was moronic (idiotic, stupid, insert adjective here) for putting himself in this position.

The guy wanted to get high at a concert. What's the difference between that and getting drunk?

Question is, why would this diminish anyone's opinion of Faulk?

Because it demonstrates stupidity on Faulk's part, the kind of stupidity that we wouldn't expect from a veteran captain of the Patriots.

If he's not in the substance abuse program, he's about to find out what a pain it is to pee into the cup at random for the rest of career.

If he is already in the substance abuse program, he could be looking at a supension.

Either way, his NFL career with the Patriots is in jeopardy.

Sad thing is I had my eyes on a bong commemorating a 19-0 season. Ironic really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes