PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

So people who consume alcohol are, of course, dependent on it.

Maybe you'd be more at home in a police state.

There has to be something driving people to ignore the laws and still use it.

I've seen enough of alcohol dependency. It's a tough thing to watch.

Wow this Feb really sucks... Faulk is a stand up guy, but this is another black mark, wheather its a small crime or a major crime..Im trying to be a realist, but its not been good since Feb 3rd around 1030 ...

SB Loss

More crap from Spygate nonsense

Willie Andrews

Moss is a question at the very least to return.

Colvin is cut today,

Moss rumors to dallas denver and jax

Stallworth cut

Samual gone,although that has been decided a yr ago..

and now Faulk.

Cant wait till Feb 29th till feb is over..

Last edited:

They're both depressants. We know about the effects of alcohol (ab)use more because the marijuana laws have been successful enough in curbing its prominence.

Say that again?

They're both depressants. We know about the effects of alcohol (ab)use more because the marijuana laws have been successful enough in curbing its prominence.

Who would you rather have attack you at a bar? A drunk guy or a stoned guy? I'll take the stoned guy anyday (well, if I was a guy).

Using the word "harmless" to support either side of the argument is silly, and gives an opening for a tangent.

Nothing is harmless. Nothing.

Water, one of the most abundant and necessary substances, can kill if taken in massive doses.

Let's keep some perspective. I think using "victimless" is much better, unless using actually leads to someone being victimized, a la the difference between getting smashed in your house and getting smashed at a bar and wrecking a family of six on your way home.

"The dose makes the poison." - Paracelsus

Well because the #1 cause of the munchies is much more serious then the #1 cause of domestic abuse.

So what if that guy got drunk and beat his wife, the much more serious issue is Doug over there talking to his hands and laughing.

Or, in the case of Leonard Little, "so what if that guy got drunk and killed a woman, the much more serious offense is Kevin deciding to take a bong rip to help get his mind off of the pain of having a beat-up body from playing professional football."

Look- I'm legally allowed to have pot. Which is great for me, living in California and having mild cerebral palsy. Rather than being prescribed god-knows-what in the way of manufactured pharmaceuticals, I can instead be medicated by smoking an ages-old plant that has the added benefit of aiding me professionally by enhancing my creativity (anyone who says that this isn't the case has clearly never tried the stuff). It's a win/win, and, as far as I'm concerned, it's a valid recreational option for people who don't want to wreck their bodies with alcohol.

And before you come off with your tired stereotypes about only deadbeats and hippies smoking, I work in a successful, highly professional firm, and virtually every one of us smokes, with varying degrees of frequency. Moralizers would be legitimately shocked if they realized how many successful professionals smoke joints in their spare time to de-compress.

Last edited:

This is completely false and borderline nonsensical.

Last edited:

Who would you rather have attack you at a bar? A drunk guy or a stoned guy? I'll take the stoned guy anyday (well, if I was a guy).

I'm a guy, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Alcohol is a depressant in name only, because it makes you loud, boorish, obnoxious, and aggressive. You know, all the things that weed doesn't, though the bartender would get carpal tunnel filling the pretzel bowls.

Actually if I remember my sixth grade health class, I believe weed is a hallucinagen.

Or, in the case of Leonard Little, "so what if that guy got drunk and killed a woman, the much more serious offense is Kevin deciding to take a bong rip to help get his mind off of the pain of having a beat-up body from playing professional football."

Look- I'm legally allowed to have pot. Which is great for me, living in California and having mild cerebral palsy. Rather than being prescribed god-knows-what in the way of manufactured pharmaceuticals, I can instead be medicated by smoking an ages-old plant that has the added benefit of aiding me professionally by enhancing my creativity (anyone who says that this isn't the case has clearly never tried the stuff). It's a win/win, and, as far as I'm concerned, it's a valid recreational option for people who don't want to wreck their bodies with alcohol.

And before you come off with your tired stereotypes about only deadbeats and hippies smoking, I work in a successful, highly professional consulting firm, and virtually every one of us smokes, with varying degrees of frequency. Moralizers would be legitimately shocked if they realized how many successful professionals smoke joints in their spare time to de-compress.

Damn hippie. :D

There has to be something driving people to ignore the laws and still use it.

I've seen enough of alcohol dependency. It's a tough thing to watch.

Yes, because compared with tobacco and alcohol, marijuana is small fry.

Not everyone who uses alcohol or wants the choice of whether to consume alcohol or not is ipso facto dependent.

I don't smoke pot but would like to see it legalized. Our policemen should focus on more important things than worry about who possesses weed. It's silly. I would not smoke weed even if it were legalized, btw.

And before you come off with your tired stereotypes about only deadbeats and hippies smoking, I work in a successful, highly professional firm, and virtually every one of us smokes, with varying degrees of frequency. Moralizers would be legitimately shocked if they realized how many successful professionals smoke joints in their spare time to de-compress.

So you are saying that Kevin smoking is a now a good thing?

Sorry folks. I have no problem with weed and have plenty of friends that have smoked it in the past, but having a highly regarded captain of the team arrested like this is an embarrasing situation. Its not the end of the world and he shouldn't be cut or anything like that, but it is poor judgement on his part considering he lives his life under such a microscope.

1.) The state of California is defying Federal Law ((The Controlled Substances Act) when it comes to marijuana. That doesn't make your possession of marijuana legal. That's why the Feds have raided some of the 'Medical Marijuana' dispensaries in your state.

2.) Do you fail to notice that you are being every bit as big a prick in your defense of marijuana as you are accusing the opponents of marijuana of being?

3.) Let's not act as if people under the influence of marijuana don't cause problems. Here, for example, is just one study:http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/331/7529/1371

It's one thing to be in favor of legalizing Marijuana (I personally don't think it's any of the government's business). It's another to misrepresent the truth about it.

Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

I don't think Brady hides anything like that. He's not stupid. He makes the right decisions, as far as we know, and doesn't even present the opportunity to commit a crime.

Or take Bruschi. As Zip noted in his HBO video, Tedy stopped drinking in 1999. Good for him. That's what I like to hear. Not dumbass players putting their careers in jeopardy, nevermind their bodies, by smoking or drinking any of that crap. Now I wish more non-players would take up the cause too. And again, it's painfully obvious some non-players on this board haven't.

So I'm taking from your post that it is more harmful to society to smoke a couple j's at a concert than to father kids out of wedlock?

Well because the #1 cause of the munchies is much more serious then the #1 cause of domestic abuse.

So what if that guy got drunk and beat his wife, the much more serious issue is Doug over there talking to his hands and laughing.

That made me shoot my milk outta my ears...

Than again I'm also a proponent for decriminalization, so that must mean I'm a stoner and probably high. :bricks:

And whoever gets the milk/ears thing automatically gets brownie points from this messageboarder.

1.) The state of California is defying Federal Law ((The Controlled Substances Act) when it comes to marijuana. That doesn't make your possession of marijuana legal. That's why the Feds have raided some of the 'Medical Marijuana' dispensaries in your state.

2.) Do you fail to notice that you are being every bit as big a prick in your defense of marijuana as you are accusing the opponents of marijuana of being?

3.) Let's not act as if people under the influence of marijuana don't cause problems. Here, for example, is just one study:http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/331/7529/1371

It's one thing to be in favor of legalizing Marijuana (I personally don't think it's any of the government's business). It's another to misrepresent the truth about it.

Please point out where, in my comment, I was "being a prick". As for the federal government having a pissing contest with the state of California, I'll take my chances.

BSR: No, I didn't say that Kevin Faulk smoking weed is a good thing. I said that I don't think it's a big deal, and I have my own speculative reasons for why he might do it.

You guys remember that HBO interview that Randy Moss did where he came right out and said that he still smokes weed a few days back? Shouldn't you be getting up on your soapbox about that too?

Last edited:

Originally Posted by BradyFTW! View Post

And before you come off with your tired stereotypes about only deadbeats and hippies smoking, I work in a successful, highly professional consulting firm, and virtually every one of us smokes, with varying degrees of frequency. Moralizers would be legitimately shocked if they realized how many successful professionals smoke joints in their spare time to de-compress.

Damn hippie. :D

Damn hippie? I agree with everything he said.

so bark off

Last edited:
Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

So I'm taking from your post that it is more harmful to society to smoke a couple j's at a concert than to father kids out of wedlock?

How many games can you be suspended for having kids out of wedlock?

Anyone who has played madden knows full well a person who has consumed pot is far more dangerous than one who has consumed alcohol.

One becomes surgically precice in execution, playcall and audibles.

The other gets loud, blitzes everydown, and questions the sexual orientation of any player who gets run over.

Back to topic. It sucks he broke the law and got nabbed with some weed. The fact that it was weed is kinda irrelevent to me. But, because everyone has an opinion I am entitled to one too. Weed is not a drug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back