PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

I used to always think our guys were 'better people' than the other teams'. I know it is idealistic for me to think that...but they are just football players, nothing more, nothing less.

Sigh.

Using marijuana does NOT mean they're any better or worse as a person.

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

Did you decide to pay homage to Kevin by enjoying some hippie lettuce yourself? Of all the things that aren't going to get a player cut-- this is at the top of the list. And I don't support it. Unless he Ricky Williams his way to a long suspension it's no big deal. Ricky made it an artform and that's something else entirely. Kevin isn't going to do that.

The Patriots aren't the Dolphins. FWIW, the Dolphins racked up 77 Turd Watch points last season. Just last season. The Patriots? 0. Organizational integrity, both internally and in the public eye. The Pats will protect it at all costs.

I should point out, for the record, that not everyone who thinks that the drug laws are insane is necessarily a user. I have never consumed an alcoholic beverage, smoked a cigarette or a joint, or used any illegal drugs, but I still think that there are major problems with the way this society, and its laws, deal with marijuana, cocaine, nicotine, alcohol, etc.

:eek:Now I think there's something wrong with you!;)

Yes, a crime.

Maybe we should legalize attempting suicide too.

Probably. I don't see the point in sending a guy to jail for tryin to kill himself, or wasting the legal system's time.

Call the firing squads!

There's two separate issues here.

The first is Faulk doing something illegal. Whether it's assault and battery, DUI, murder, rape, theft, etc., it's something that can get you arrested. He's dumb to reflect the organization as poorly as he has.

The second is "legalize it?" This question has no bearing on what Faulk did. Just because he doesn't believe in the law doesn't mean he should disregard it. And as to this issue, we went through this before with Willie Andrews, and with Dexter Reid. In both of those situations, there was an overwhelming majority of posters in those threads who are proponents of legalizing it. I sure as hell hope that same percentage doesn't represent the number of pot heads on this board. I'd be ashamed to be a member here. It's sad. You have the right to disagree with the law, but I was astounded at the almost unanimous "it's nothing/marijuana is harmless/shouldn't be illegal/player X didn't do anything wrong/I do it too" attitude. No wonder why police narcotics units are fighting such an uphill battle against this stupid ****.

There is a clear difference between legalization and decriminalization. The majority of the American public are in favor of the latter. It goes well beyond the confines of this message board.

We need to clear our courts of these petty "college kid gets caught with a J at a Dave Matthews Band concert" cases and focus on cracking down on violent offenders. The idea that every one caught with it should be incarcerated as a means to solve the issue is a dated and failed concept.

But I do agree. Kevin is a represenative of this organization and he should have known better. If you must smoke, do it in your home.

Well, our Pres. used to do a lot more drugs than just pot. And last I checked he was a conservative.

Give me a break with all the moralizing crap. Smoking weed is harmless and the fact that it's illegal shows how pointless Puritanical and bureaucratic our government really is.

Well, I'm not sure I'd expect anything else from a board with a lot of fans from California, and obviously, Massachusetts. But this isn't the political forum, so I'm done on that issue.

Some people need to find something more constructive to do with their time than using drugs.

Yes, a crime.

Maybe we should legalize attempting suicide too.

Yes, we should.

Jaywalking is also a crime, would your respect for Faulk plummet if he did that? How about driving without a seatbelt? How about a rolling stop at a stop sign on a deserted street? Just because something is technically illegal doesn't make it a big deal.

What does this have to do with him being underrated as a football player?

I don't know, you are the one that brought up the point that he was just a "third-down back" as if that made him unimportant. He was a very recognized figure in the offense and while he doesn't have the name recognition of a Moss or Brady it isn't like people are going to disregard it because they never heard of him.

Well, I'm not sure I'd expect anything else from a board with a lot of fans from California, and obviously, Massachusetts. But this isn't the political forum, so I'm done on that issue.

Some people need to find something more constructive to do with their time than using drugs.

Like excelling in professional football?

P.S. Incidentally, you brought up "that issue" and then ducked it wicked quick when someone threw it back at you. Nice objective view of Californians and M*******s, as well.

Last edited:

The Patriots aren't the Dolphins. FWIW, the Dolphins racked up 77 Turd Watch points last season. Just last season. The Patriots? 0. Organizational integrity, both internally and in the public eye. The Pats will protect it at all costs.

Oh no, not the Turd Watch points.

Looks like we're headed for a 1-15 season.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A fan of the Cartoon Network saying this? ;)
That's my avatar because the 2 guys who were busted for putting those things up around Boston are friends of mine. I haven't smoked in years and years. One doesn't have to smoke to know it does less harm than the criminal statutes against it.

Like watch a Lil Wayne concert on your time off from work?

We need to clear our courts of these petty "college kid gets caught with a J at a Dave Matthews Band concert" cases and focus on cracking down on violent offenders. The idea that every one caught with it should be incarcerated as a means to solve the issue is a dated and failed concept.

I agree. The prisons are stressed enough as they are. They don't need to be filled with criminals caught for crimes as far down on the food chain as possession.

But, the offenders, dealers or not, do need to be put in rehab programs. Our cities are being inundated with drug addicts. Even "casual users" ought to make some better choices on what they put in their bodies and how they spend their money.

Here's the question. Regardless of the legal issue, would you say you had made the right decision if you had chosen not to smoke something like that (or smoke anything, for that matter. There's just no reason to do so, if you ask me).

Well since you added regardless of the legal issue, I don't think there would be a right or wrong decision to be made. It's not going to physically hurt Kevin.

But with the laws the way they are and as a member of our team he made the wrong decision.

Kevin got caught doing something that’s fairly common and harmless, just like BB. With the difference being instead of an NFL rule infraction, it's actually (unfortunately) against the law.

Generalizations, generalizations. You know, I believe the National Review came out in favor of decriminalization a while back. But no, only dirty hippie liberals from Massachusetts and California smoke weed/advocate decriminalization. I'm not surprised; you don't trade in facts, only innuendos.

Some people need to find something more constructive to do with their time than holier-than-thou, self-righteous lecturing on a messageboard.

Last edited:

That's my avatar because the 2 guys who were busted for putting those things up around Boston are friends of mine. I haven't smoked in years and years. One doesn't have to smoke to know it does less harm than the criminal statutes against it.

Well your friends, IIRC, didn't seem like it's been long since they smoked. What ever came of that, anyway? I know one, if not both, were from Belarus.

But, the offenders, dealers or not, do need to be put in rehab programs. Our cities are being inundated with drug addicts. Even "casual users" ought to make some better choices on what they put in their bodies and how they spend their money.

Oh. My. Word.

Like watch a Lil Wayne concert on your time off from work?

Here's my question in regard to his last statement: What happened to the old fashioned Republicans who didn't believe govt. shouldn't encroach on every aspect of our lives.

Sadly, they've been replaced by moralizers who think they know what's good for EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back