PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMY: Kevin Faulk cited for marijuana possession

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ugh Faulk Arrested (Yes Kevin)

So I'm taking from your post that it is more harmful to society to smoke a couple j's at a concert than to father kids out of wedlock?

There's plenty of married guys who shouldn't be fathers also, but that's a different argument.

How many games can you be suspended for having kids out of wedlock?

Thank god none or Travis Henry would never suit up and McFadden wouldn't be eligible to play til '09. My point is that what happened to him is much ado about nothing and I can guarantee you that he will not be suspended any games for this either. If anybody thinks this will diminish his presence in the locker room then you just don't know professional athletes. My cousin is a personal assistant for a pro football player from what she tells me I would assume at least half the team smokes. Moreover, I would say half of professionals in general smoke (just my experience but I work in computers so my experience may be skewed a little bit). Anyways, if Faulk was a good guy before this, he's still a good guy after this. Nothing has changed...

Re: SMY: Kevin Faulk arrested for marijuana possession

Please point out where, in my comment, I was "being a prick". As for the federal government having a pissing contest with the state of California, I'll take my chances.

1.) The Leonard Little comment should have have been beneath you.

2.) You lied/were inexcusably ignorant about the state of Marijuana Laws.

3.) You accuse others of moralizing when you're doing the exact same thing, just in the other direction.

I am not moralizing. People have every right to their own opinion, provided that they don't feel that that gives them the right to dictate what I and people like me can and can't do. I am not saying that marijuana use is good or bad; I am saying that it fits into my (responsible) lifestyle, and that most claims against it have no basis in fact whatsoever. I don't care if it's good or bad, since those are mostly arbitrary judgments anyways. It works for me, and that's that.

What was wrong with the Leonard Little comment? Drunk driving is an epidemic in this country, and people very close to me have died from it. It is a large part of what disgusts me about the hypocrisy of drug laws in this country. The damage that drunk driving causes alone (not even getting into all of the other negative impacts that it has on innocent bystanders) blows marijuana off the map.

I did not lie about the drug laws in the state of California. By state law, I am in legal possession. The fact that the federal government is putting up some token resistance by raiding the dispensaries that were, in many cases, well known for buying the stuff illegally and being incredibly negligent in who they were selling to doesn't impact or bother me in any way. A lot of those places were just undermining the legitimacy that responsible users were trying to establish anyways.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by BradyFTW! View Post
Or, in the case of Leonard Little, "so what if that guy got drunk and killed a woman, the much more serious offense is Kevin deciding to take a bong rip to help get his mind off of the pain of having a beat-up body from playing professional football."

Look- I'm legally allowed to have pot. Which is great for me, living in California and having mild cerebral palsy. Rather than being prescribed god-knows-what in the way of manufactured pharmaceuticals, I can instead be medicated by smoking an ages-old plant that has the added benefit of aiding me professionally by enhancing my creativity (anyone who says that this isn't the case has clearly never tried the stuff). It's a win/win, and, as far as I'm concerned, it's a valid recreational option for people who don't want to wreck their bodies with alcohol.

And before you come off with your tired stereotypes about only deadbeats and hippies smoking, I work in a successful, highly professional consulting firm, and virtually every one of us smokes, with varying degrees of frequency. Moralizers would be legitimately shocked if they realized how many successful professionals smoke joints in their spare time to de-compress.

Damn hippie? I agree with everything he said.

so bark off

Smiley face! SMILEY FACE!

That made me shoot my milk outta my ears...

Than again I'm also a proponent for decriminalization, so that must mean I'm a stoner and probably high. :bricks:

And whoever gets the milk/ears thing automatically gets brownie points from this messageboarder.
If marijuana is to be included in those brownies, keep them away from me!

I don't want to jeopardize my body. I might suddenly get a craving for tacos and watching Beavis And Butthead. My family doesn't need that.

True, he should have hid that s**t better. WTF?
I bet it was good stuff too.

That's my biggest problem with it. He never should have been in this position. Should have made his friends carry it and then take the occasional surreptitious toke.

Still though, he should have been kicked out, not arrested, if it was security check. The only people who get arrested at clubs are those who try to buy something from an undercover cop or are seen buying something by an undercover.

Weird he was arrested. Will be interested to read details of how it went down, because if security searched him *after* he was in the club, I'm pretty sure any decent lawyer will get this dismissed.

I am not moralizing. People have every right to their own opinion, provided that they don't feel that that gives them the right to dictate what I and people like me can and can't do.

With this comment, you are dictating what people can and can't do. This is known as irony and hypocrisy or, fittingly enough given the topic, the pot calling the kettle black.

What was wrong with the Leonard Little comment? Drunk driving is an epidemic in this country, and people very close to me have died from it. It is a large part of what disgusts me about the hypocrisy of drug laws in this country.

It was a stupid and unfair comparison. Both Alcohol and weed result in impairment and lead to higher accident rates.

I did not lie about the drug laws in the state of California. The fact that the federal government is putting up some token resistance by raiding the dispensaries that were, in many cases, well known for buying the stuff illegally and being incredibly negligent in who they were selling to doesn't impact or bother me in any way. A lot of those places were just undermining the legitimacy that responsible users were trying to establish anyways.

It is illegal to possess or distribute Marijuana in the United States, almost without exception. The state of California does not provide that exception. The rest of your post here is merely a poor attempt at justification.

Last edited:

Thank god none or Travis Henry would never suit up and McFadden wouldn't be eligible to play til '09. My point is that what happened to him is much ado about nothing and I can guarantee you that he will not be suspended any games for this either. If anybody thinks this will diminish his presence in the locker room then you just don't know professional athletes. My cousin is a personal assistant for a pro football player from what she tells me I would assume at least half the team smokes. Moreover, I would say half of professionals in general smoke (just my experience but I work in computers so my experience may be skewed a little bit). Anyways, if Faulk was a good guy before this, he's still a good guy after this. Nothing has changed...

How can you guarantee this? If this is his second offense (the first are held confidential) then he certainly will be suspended. It doesn't matter what the rest of the guys do or don't do. He is supposed to be a team leader and set an example. Between him and Rodney what type of message does it send to the younger guys on how to behave?

With this comment, you are dictating what people can and can't do. This is known as irony.

No, it's known as negative liberalism, aka the philosophical doctrine upon which this country is largely based.

It was a stupid and unfair comparison. Both Alcohol and weed result in impairment and lead to higher accident rates.

I'm not going to do your work for you. Go and look up drunk driving accidents vs. marijuana-related car accidents if you want to.

It is illegal to possess or distribute Marijuana in the United States, almost without exception. The state of California does not provide that exception. The rest of your post here is merely a poor attempt at justification.

yes, the state of California does. If you want to turn this into a state rights vs. federal rights issue, then go ahead, but by California law I am allowed to possess marijuana.

Woow, I can't believe no mod has slapped a padlock on this thread yet.

Marijuana is a victimless crime.

Yeah,I am sure you would feel the same way if a guy driving a vehicle while induced heavily on Marijuana crashed head on into your wife's car with your kids cause he way too high on that crap and you would feel the same,Grow up - Idiot

Its diguisting on what is OK with anyone in the NFLas long as you are a member of the Patriots - Simply some pathetic individuals on this website at times.

No, it's known as negative liberalism, aka the philosophical doctrine upon which this country is largely based.

No, sorry, this is what's known as a 'falsehood'.

I'm not going to do your work for you. Go and look up drunk driving accidents vs. marijuana-related car accidents if you want to.

I already posted one study, and it wasn't even American so I didn't have to hear nonsense about the government being behind it. The facts are there and both substances increase the risk of accidents.

yes, the state of California does. If you want to turn this into a state rights vs. federal rights issue, then go ahead, but by California law I am allowed to possess marijuana.

No, the state of California doesn't. Under the current governmental rubrick, it does not have the power to do so. What's more, your defense is nothing but the South Carolina doctrine of 'nullification', and we know how that theory worked out.

Look, I sympathize with your plight. I'm probably more opposed to government intervention than anyone you've ever met, or will meet, in your life. However, you're argument is nonsensical under the current political reality.

Yeah,I am sure you would feel the same way if a guy driving a vehicle while induced heavily on Marijuana crashed head on into your wife's car with your kids cause he way too high on that crap and you would feel the same,Grow up - Idiot

Wow. That logic is just...wow.

Holy graphic imagery, batman! But, then again, to qualify your argument, you stated that said individual was "induced highly on marijuana". A car traveling 5mph wouldn't do that much damage, oh Hun of Hyperbole.

Its diguisting on what is OK with anyone in the NFLas long as you are a member of the Patriots - Simply some pathetic individuals on this website at times.
He didn't say driving a car under the influence of marijuana is a victimless crime.

The only reason weed is illegal is because it's too hard to tax something that you can grow in your yard. Useless law. btw, no i dont smoke it, but if faulk wants to smoke a pound, go wild, he doesnt have a game next week.

So now he'll drink more and prolly get fat and be waddling through his route one time when he's the hot receiver and end up getting Brady killed.

Yay for the NFL's Pot policy.

Faulk was moronic (idiotic, stupid, insert adjective here) for putting himself in this position.

Very well said and unbiased - Like a fan should be and not like some of these idiots in here that would go as far as condoning something like a Patriots player killing his family - Nice post Pats1

Last edited:

Cough medicine can affect your driving as well; if someone gets in an accident while taking cough medicine does that make it bad, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes