PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMOKING GUN: URSA's PICTURE...What it else showed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMOKING GUN : URSA's PICTURE... What it else showed

That he's being followed around by a guy with a boom mic suggests to me that this isn't what we hope it is; but the argument that he shouldn't be there at all no matter what he's recording is a decent one.
I'm probably reaching here, but could the boom mic be used as a prop? A few in here are having their doubts as to whether this guy is a Jets employee based on the fact that there is a boom mic following him. Maybe it's an attempt to make him not look as suspicious, I don't know.

Maybe the cameraman or someone near him is yelling out what the Patriots players are doing on the field while the camera focuses on the sidelines?

Then again, maybe this is all a coincidence.

Ummmmm, the guy sure ain't using the boom mike the way he should be then. Prop perhaps, as in "stand there while Fred's cheating and look official" :rolleyes:

vlcsnap11750320vh3.png

Look at this photo from earlier in the thread (page 4). This guy is just to the left of the first down marker.

Who's on the field? (PATRIOTS DEFENSE),

Where is the camera appear to be aimed? (DIRECTLY ACCOROSS THE FIELD, PASSED ASANTE, TOWARDS THE PATRIOTS BENCH).

Is he even remotly aiming towards any Jet players (NOW, THEY ARE 20 YDS UPFIELD).

What can conclusions can we draw? (DON'T KNOW, BUT I HEAR THE COMMISH TAES THIS STUFF SERIOUS)

yes he is aimed directly at the Patriots sideline while the Patriots defense is out.

Great work

I know we dont' like the PFTs Rumor Mill, but has anyone emailed them? Surely they would run with this, they'll take anything.

I'm sending one right now. ;)

I know we dont' like the PFTs Rumor Mill, but has anyone emailed them? Surely they would run with this, they'll take anything.

Good for you.

Who is that guy?

Why is he dressed in green with no orange vest?

Why does he have a camera.

I think Mangina is that stupid :singing:

I did at 4Pm this afternoon, so hes in no rush to possibly show anotehr side to this...got to get those anti BB stories on his page....

I did at 4Pm this afternoon, so hes in no rush to possibly show anotehr side to this...got to get those anti BB stories on his page....

This is the problem all over. They have a feast now. We have to keep the presure up

Everyone on this site needs to see this.

BumpZilla

From a response to this thread on KFFL:

vtpats said:
In reference to the mystery guy in a black shirt with a camera seen here. I'll just throw in my snippet of knowledge here. I work as a film editor, but when my company got the call a few years back for a cameraman to work the sidelines for the Pats/Titans and the Pats/Colts playoff games, my bosses kindly gave me the gig... The job was for ESPN Deportes. I was issued a red vest and a field badge at the press entrance. I walked unencumbered onto the field with said badge and vest. I was told the vests are only used during the playoffs. During the regular season you just need the badge. I was given free reign of either side or end of the field. The NFL Films guys are the guys wearing orange. The Network guys wore yellow or green. I, as a 3'rd tier citizen, wore red. There are different colored lines painted on the grass dictating where the schmucks like me, the Network guys and finally NFL Films can go. You'll notice this guy is behind the yellow line. this means he works for a network or local production company. He also has a sound man with a boom pole attached to him. This indicates to me that he is surely no spy and simply works for a TV station or NY production company.
Seems to throw some water on the building fire.

Well that's a buzzkill. What about when he was walking out with the players at halftime?

Last edited:

Ummmmm, the guy sure ain't using the boom mike the way he should be then. Prop perhaps, as in "stand there while Fred's cheating and look official" :rolleyes:

vlcsnap11750320vh3.png

Look at this photo from earlier in the thread (page 4). This guy is just to the left of the first down marker.

Who's on the field? (PATRIOTS DEFENSE),

Where is the camera appear to be aimed? (DIRECTLY ACCOROSS THE FIELD, PASSED ASANTE, TOWARDS THE PATRIOTS BENCH).

Is he even remotly aiming towards any Jet players (POSSIBLE, BUT THEY ARE 15 YDS UPFIELD, AND HE DOESN"T APPEAR ANGLED).

What can conclusions can we draw? (DON'T KNOW, BUT I HEAR THE COMMISH TAES THIS STUFF SERIOUS)

Yeah, definitely good call to get the HD caps going.

Can we bombard local reporters with this until somebody gets it rolling? If we're going to split hairs over rules - and that's what this was about (ie, it's OK to steal signs, but not with a video camera, etc.) - then the Jets should be in trouble, too.

From a response to this thread on KFFL:

Seems to throw some water on the building fire.

That's ignoring the fact that he's wearing a shirt with a Jets logo and so is the sound boom man. Of course, if they were from a local media organization, how much $$$ would it take for them to do some filming on the side for the Patriots? After all, this is the type of organization that sold iso-tape to the Dolphins.

Well that's a buzzkill. What about when he was walking out with the players at halftime?

don't be so sure I was told in an email from the media

"Actually, that's not him (the guy in the picture is a Jets employee according to our photographer, who knows him). Matt, the "guilty" photographer, interned here a couple of years ago... and that is not him. _________________________________"

He thought I was asking if it was a photo of the Patriots guy who got caught but responded that he was a Jets employee

I just got an email back from M.Reiss who doesn't think there is much to this story. He didnt elaborate.:bricks:

Well, maybe it's ESPN deportes or a local network (Ironically, I was in Costa Rica for the game and was watching some ESPN deportes), but it's not NFL films since that's definitely a video and not a film camera there.

Either way, it's still worth looking into if I were a Reiss or a Tomase.

he is next to about 5 other photos behind the yellow line. just because he is wearing a green shirt doesn't mean he works for the jets.

Email I got frpom the opress when I asked who he was

"Actually, that's not him (the guy in the picture is a Jets employee according to our photographer, who knows him). Matt, the "guilty" photographer, interned here a couple of years ago... and that is not him. _________________________________"

They though I was asking if this was the Patriots guy who got in trouble. They said no, he is a Jets guy their photographer knows.

I just got an email back from M.Reiss who doesn't think there is much to this story. He didnt elaborate.:bricks:

Damn. 10 char.

I think it is a possible reality but I also think that this needs to be pressed until the identity of the guy is uncovered.

It should be easy. If he is not a Jets employee this is a non issue. Is he? Ask him

That's ignoring the fact that he's wearing a shirt with a Jets logo and so is the sound boom man. Of course, if they were from a local media organization, how much $$$ would it take for them to do some filming on the side for the Patriots? After all, this is the type of organization that sold iso-tape to the Dolphins.

I thought I saw in a previous post that the NFL banned any local media outlets from the field during games?

Last edited by a moderator:

It should be easy. If he is not a Jets employee this is a non issue. Is he? Ask him

I combined the main post here with the kffl one to include everything with pics links etc. If he read it he already answered. He didnt elaborate. if he had more to say he would've. He just doesnt think there is much to this story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes