PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats might just be guilty... [merged: Alleged picture]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats might just be guilty...

and that has since been refuted by multiple sources........
Not sure that has been "refuted". I think you have to interpret the description. Guy was maybe on the Pats sideline, and worked his way around to Jets sideline when Pats had the ball. Sounds like this guy was actually spotted on both sidelines at some point or another.

Not sure that has been "refuted". I think you have to interpret the description. Guy was maybe on the Pats sideline, and worked his way around to Jets sideline when Pats had the ball. Sounds like this guy was actually spotted on both sidelines at some point or another.

Boomer Esiason stated emphatically today on WFAN that the guy was on the Patriots sideline NOT the Jets sideline. Which is also the MO from every other time it was reported (Green Bay and apparently Detroit).

Furthermore like in GB he was wearing Patriots coaching attire which is not khaki shorts and a dark green top.

My guess is that picture is a phraud and has been digitally changed or is someone other than the Patriots guy, perhaps NFL Films.

This is a very reckless and irresponsible post. First of all, there are a hundred people with cameras - how can you know which one it was ? You simply forwarded through your DVR and looked for someone 'suspicious' (my DVR actually has a better image than your capture) .

None of the articles say the person was dressed like the Jets staff. Don't you think that would be the most salient fact that would be reported ?

The guy you "think" is the guy is standing with the Jets staff who are dressed the same way. One of them seems to be grouped with him, standing only a few feet away - perhaps even chatting with him. Do you think that could possibly happen ?

And of course you got the sidelines wrong.

It's obvious that you most likely got the wrong guy.

But I can tell you one thing - idiots all aver the net will be link this "photo from
a Pats fan" and posting it everywhere as "proof" that the Patriots cheated.

R

Like I said before, I only tried to show why the Jets filed the charge, not to prove it. I've read reports that the guy was on the Pats sideline and also reports that he was on the Jets sideline. He could have been on both sidelines during the game. At this point none of us one knows for sure. Neither do we know what the guy looks like, what sidelines he was on and if in fact he was filming as alleged. We can only read reports and look at first hand 'evidence' that may or may not be accurate. The league didn't confiscate the equipment and open and investigation just for fun. For whatever reason, this story has legs and those trying to dismiss it or the fans who don't want to discuss it have their blinders on. I wonder what the reaction to reports about Harrison would have been if he had not actually admitted it. No one wants to believe this, nor do I. Even if it's true it isn't the end of the world. Life will go on, the Pats will play and win and probably get to the SB. Lets take all this for whatever it's worth....something to discuss on a rainy day and then forget about because the Chargers are coming to town and that is something to get really excited about.

Actually the camera was confiscated from the Pats sideline. The article on ESPN then said "The Patriots' cameraman was suspected of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches who were sending signals to their unit on the field, the sources said." The cameraman could have wandered to the Jets bench area take his video and then return. I didn't see him at all in the 4th quarter...
Possibly because his tape had been confiscated by then? I'd doubt they'd let him stay on the sideline with a camera once he was caught.

Alleged picture of Pats employee from Tapegate

http://touchdown.org/

havent seen this on here yet, but if it is, sorry.

got this from a jets board, not sure if its the real thing but thought it was interesting.

So it's the guy in the day glo red shirt? Mangini red/green color blind?

Re: Alleged picture of Pats employee from Tapegate

They stole it from this board.

wow.
Talk about damning evidence.
Some smoking gun, eh?

Not !

They stole the picture from a poster here who took the time to look through the game and find this screen shot. And then they write 'touchdown.org' over it? That's wrong.

What's funny is that this is a completely speculative image posted by someone HERE, who pulled it off their DVR, and I'm sure it's making its way around the country by now. I remember last night when the guy put it up. Who the hell knows who he is? I doubt that's the guy in question. He's got a TV camera on his shoulder for god's sake!

Toudown.org has obviously just graduated from the Ron Borges school of journalism

Like I said before, I only tried to show why the Jets filed the charge, not to prove it. I've read reports that the guy was on the Pats sideline and also reports that he was on the Jets sideline. He could have been on both sidelines during the game. At this point none of us one knows for sure. Neither do we know what the guy looks like, what sidelines he was on and if in fact he was filming as alleged. We can only read reports and look at first hand 'evidence' that may or may not be accurate. The league didn't confiscate the equipment and open and investigation just for fun. For whatever reason, this story has legs and those trying to dismiss it or the fans who don't want to discuss it have their blinders on. I wonder what the reaction to reports about Harrison would have been if he had not actually admitted it. No one wants to believe this, nor do I. Even if it's true it isn't the end of the world. Life will go on, the Pats will play and win and probably get to the SB. Lets take all this for whatever it's worth....something to discuss on a rainy day and then forget about because the Chargers are coming to town and that is something to get really excited about.

Blah Blah Blah.

Now http://touchdown.org/ has your picture as "evidence". They even ps'd in their own website name on your picture.

Oh, and on another thread someone pointed out that the Jets guy he's standing with is holding a boom mike. It's obvious that this is some legit film crew.

Don't you feel like a jackass now ?

R

It's all a stupid conspiracy because everyone is jealous of us.

Blah Blah Blah.

Now http://touchdown.org/ has your picture as "evidence". They even ps'd in their own website name on your picture.

Oh, and on another thread someone pointed out that the Jets guy he's standing with is holding a boom mike. It's obvious that this is some legit film crew.

R
>Don't you feel like a jackass now ?

Not really. This is after all a discussion board. I've seen a lot worse posted and I knew it might offend the die hard fans who can only see the Pats as perfect in every way. All organizations have flaws. Rodney is only one example. It doesn't mean they are not a great team.

I'm still a big fan and will be rooting hard for them on Sunday night.

As for you folks here who consistently shout down anyone who might say something remotely negative about the Pats, I think you are doing a disservice to this board. It is here for lively discussion about all aspects of the Patriots. If all you want to do is hold hands and sing Kumbaya while watching the Pats I think your missing a lot.

Like I have said 3 times, I hope I'm wrong, I probably am...and now I'm done with this topic.

ursa

Just ignore it ursa99, I think most people appreciated the picture, even if it turns out that's not the guy.

But I would definitely email those websites that are using the pic and tell 'em to give you credit :)

Blah Blah Blah.

R

I don't see it that way. Ursa was presenting the evidence as he saw it. Good for him. What's really 'cheating' is Touchdouche.org stealing his screencap and presenting it as their own. They owe credit to Ursa and to Patsfans for the pic.

Actually, looking at that photo, it is absolutely 100% not the guy in question. If you look closely at the photo, the guy with the camera and the guy with the boom mike are both pointing at the 3rd guy in green, holding a cup in his left hand with his right hand in his pocket. They are probably filming an interview of him or filming his comments. If you notice, he is staring straight at the camera, and the camera man seems to be pointing his camera almost parallel to the field, ie at that guy and NOT at coaches. Sorry, but irrelevant photo.

Doesn't it make sense to see what if anything the league does before we say that what the Pats were doing is either "what every other team is doing" or "something very serious that they should be punished for"? I certainly don't know the workings of the league and what is or isn't accepted with a wink and a nod. If the league comes down hard I'd say that tells me what the Pats did was wrong. I hope not, but if they were wrong they should be punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes