PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMOKING GUN: URSA's PICTURE...What it else showed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMOKING GUN : URSA's PICTURE... What it else showed

Like I said earlier, if anyone definitively says they can tell its the same shirt then I say they are full of sh!t.

I won't say definitively, but I will say "close enough so that I'd like to know who he is and why he appears to be filming our bench during defensive snaps".

De Nile is more than a river in Africa dude.

Last edited:

Like I said earlier, if anyone definitively says they can tell its the same shirt then I say they are full of sh!t.

Have you seen the screengrabs in other posts? They convinced me and I wasn't 100% sold either.

I won't say definitively, but I will say "close enough so that I'd like to know who he is and why he appears to be filming our bench during defensive snaps".

De Nile is more than a river in Africa dude.

I'd like to know who the guy is too, but I haven't seen anything remotely close to proving he works for the Jets in any capacity.

Have you seen the screengrabs in other posts? They convinced me and I wasn't 100% sold either.

I've seen a lot of screen grabs, but you'll have to point me to the ones that convinced you because I haven't seen anything that convinces me yet.

BTW, even if it is a Jets shirt, it still doesn't prove anything. He's working a game at the Jets stadium, there's a pretty good chance he's a jets fan.

BTW, even if it is a Jets shirt, it still doesn't prove anything. He's working a game at the Jets stadium, there's a pretty good chance he's a jets fan.

Now that's funny .... :singing:

FWIW, as someone who's actually been in the sports media, you'd never catch a cameraman or really any self-respecting member of the media wearing a shirt bearing a logo of one of the two teams playing. It's simply not done. Ever.

I can't imagine NFL Films would be too thrilled about it, either.

FWIW, as someone who's actually been in the sports media, you'd never catch a cameraman or really any self-respecting member of the media wearing a shirt bearing a logo of one of the two teams playing. It's simply not done. Ever.

A Pats fan on KFFL was a cameraman for several Patriots games and wore a Patriots shirt to the games he filmed. It's possible. Just saying, it doesn;t prove anything. Until this person's name and association, if any, with the Jets organization is known, then nothing has been proven.

Its my understanding that NFL Films has its own vest as well and uses a different kind of camera - but thats second hand so it may not be correct.

Now that's funny .... :singing:

What's funny? Just saying he was wearing a Jets shirt means doesn't prove anything.

Do you seriously think you would open up the L.A. Times on tomorrow and see a story with a picture of a guy in a Jets shirt as an example of proof the Jets were filming on the sidelines?

The writer would be fired immediately.

Its my understanding that NFL Films has its own vest as well and uses a different kind of camera - but thats second hand so it may not be correct.

True, they are "supposed" to wear a vest. That's the only thing fishy to me at this point, but not much proof of any wrongdoing.

He's on the Jets sideline. He's wearing a shirt that "appears" very similar to one worn by the HC. At times he's less then 15-20 feet from the HC and the rest of the staff and players are basically walking all around him without so much as turning thier heads towards them. The guy he's standing with appears to be wearing an identically emblazoned polo. They appear (watching the game footage) to be primarily focused on filming the field when the Patriot on defense (including some caps that show the camera angle toward the opposing bench.)

Does that mean case closed, they are guilty.... HELL NO, but let’s put it this way, since I work in Law Enforcement / Investigations for a living ............... If the league rule in question was a law, there's probably enough in this thread alone to take to a judge, who'd probably give the okay to approach the guy and find out "who he is, and what business does he have doing what he's doing."

Now it could turn out to be Roger Goodell's nephew, Timmy the Jet fan, taping the show for his HS video-art class. Well and good. That's all we're asking to find out.

Seeing we just got whacked to the tune of half mil and 1st round pick for essentially the same thing (by appearence) ....... I think it's a pretty fair question.

Last edited:

Great summation. It comes down to just finding out who this guy is but it looks to me like he's wearing the same shirt and Mangini and taping our defense. I'm sure the Jets fans would be more than happy to clue us in.

For a change of pace, below is a post I left on Chargers.com last night after reading all their jealousy & rage:

To Sillyboltsfan and other Charger fans like him/her,

Get out all your venom lest you poison your spirits. The spirit of the Patriots fans will remain strong & burn brightly regardless. When you're finally finished and too tired to hate any more, we will still be standing, millions strong. NOTHING will drag us down or make us feel ashamed. After all, none of us or the players we cheer for did anything wrong.

Now maybe YOUR fans cheer for an organization and the coach and that's all fine. We, the millions of Patriots fans are united and solid. Our passion is rooted in our own heritage as fans of the New England Patriots which has been passed down from generation to generation. Our pride and our loyalty to Bob Kraft, coach Belichick and most of all, the players who wear the red, white & blue remains unshaken and immoveable.

No matter what you think, say or do, you can not change ANY of the things which I speak. I understand why you feel the way you do and wish I could help you with the pain that has caused some of you to speak with raging hate. But the only way that will happen is if you win the game Sunday night.

So you see, it still all comes down the game. It's still all settled upon the battlefield of Gillette Stadium...damn I wish this game was being played on the frozen tundra in January...but hey, maybe it will be!

bump.......

Reading the Commish's statement ---------------- HERE

NFL policy states that “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game” and that all video shooting locations for club coaching purposes “must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

Evidence in this thread clearly shows a Jets employee filming that is not "enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead".

Why is everyone ignoring this........

because it doesn't clearly show a jets coach doing it. :confused:
Here is what we know so far:
  • From where the guy filmed and what was posted earlier in the thread, he was most likely a local media guy. If he was NFL or CBS, he would have been much closer to the action (as opposed to being constrained by the yellow line on the sidelines).
  • We also know that the NFL changed the rules on local media access to the field during game time in 2006
  • Both the camera guy and boom guy are wearing shirts that are, at worst, very close to what Jets staff were wearing on Sunday

So, is there enough information to say that this is definitely the Jets spying? No, but it should be enough to get someone's attention and hopefully produce some answers.

Threw it up on my blog. I'm not that big time, but we get about 2500 hits a day, so it should at least get picked up by some other bloggers.

Here is what we know so far:
  • From where the guy filmed and what was posted earlier in the thread, he was most likely a local media guy. If he was NFL or CBS, he would have been much closer to the action (as opposed to being constrained by the yellow line on the sidelines).
  • We also know that the NFL changed the rules on local media access to the field during game time in 2006
  • Both the camera guy and boom guy are wearing shirts that are, at worst, very close to what Jets staff were wearing on Sunday

So, is there enough information to say that this is definitely the Jets spying? No, but it should be enough to get someone's attention and hopefully produce some answers.

Reel it back in.

Don’t worry about intent, spying, it’s about filming from the field which is not allowed. The Patriots didn’t break the rules by stealing signals, that’s legal, its where they shot from.

If he is Jets employee as I was told in an email from local media, he is breaking the same rule the Patriots did and were punished for.

They key is to verify who he is.

If he is a Jets employee, as I was told, it’s a slam dunk.

If he is media this is probably a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back