PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMOKING GUN: URSA's PICTURE...What it else showed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMOKING GUN : URSA's PICTURE... What it else showed

Here's another picture of Al Pereira, the Jets photographer (on the right). Somehow the videographer in the sideline photos seems younger and taller.
Maybe? Maybe not?

http://www.eyejammie.com/images/adler-al.jpg

Good find...It's hard to tell his height from the pic as the only reference point is the other person. The screenshots from the game make him look shorter than most of the people around him from what I see.

I see it more often than not. I work in Cincinnati and see guys working the games here doing it. I am a season ticket holder for the Colts and I sit in the 5 row near the endzone on the opponents sideline and I see plenty of them wearing team logos. I know for a fact I saw a photographer at the Saints game wearing a Saints polo.

I call bull****. I'm on the sidelines of NFL games and in lockerrooms. Until Sunday, I never paid attention to the photographers/video men- even the ones I was friends with. I couldn't tell you what type of logo was on their shirt. I find it highly unlikely that 3 days before this incident, you were aware enough to notice a cameraman on the sideline, realize that he had a team polo on, and take more than a passing interest. There's no way something like that sticks out in your long-term memory.

Al is the name mentioned by the Jets fan who saw that sideline photo on JetsInsider. Not breaking news, but he wrote, "Is that Al?", without mentioning a last name. Now we now know an Al Pereira worked for the team as a photographer. So....Both photographers. Both work/worked for the Jets. Both short with dark hair. Both have the same first name. Same person?

Al is the name mentioned by the Jets fan who saw that sideline photo on JetsInsider. Not breaking news, but he wrote, "Is that Al?", without mentioning a last name. Now we now know an Al Pereira worked for the team as a photographer. So....Both photographers. Both work/worked for the Jets. Both short with dark hair. Both have the same first name. Same person?
Looks like it to me... I would say there's a 67% chance that is the same person... EDIT: As noted below, it seems they are not the same guy. But they certainly have similar features.

Last edited:

This is from the thread on Jetinsider that tries to identify the mystery camera man - written by rorjets:

At this point there is such diverse information on the cameraman, identified as Matt Estrella, from the various media sources, that I'm sure that NOBODY is sure yet, except maybe the people investigating it for the NFL, if the man in Fish's pictures is indeed Matt Estrella. It is definitely not the Jets team photographer, AL, who is a friend of mine. I would recognize him easily; and he only shoots stills, never video. In fact, I recognize the other photographers & cameramen in Fish's photos, as I know most of them by sight, if not first-name basis.

This is a long thread - has anyone asked why if Bill Belichick knew his video guy was nabbed in the first quarter would he not have NFL security nab this Jets guy?

It is definitely not the Jets team photographer, AL, who is a friend of mine. I would recognize him easily; and he only shoots stills, never video.

This is good info. Then that makes our number one suspect right now Tim Tubito, a Jets video asst. His myspace page is below. Pic is small. Inconclusive. Any one know him?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...dID=460 55699

Funny that this is 2 days before 9/11 in New York City at a event with thousands of people and NOBODY knows who this guy is.

Bump. Starting to look like everyone just wants to let it go...

Do the Bump!

I dropped off the below letter, an email from channel 5 saying he was a Jets guy and the photos at channel 5. I hope they explain this.

I will let you know if I hear back.

The cameraman in the attached photos has been identified by a staff member at Channel 5 as a Jets employee in the attached email. This Jets employee was video taping from the sidelines of the game last Sunday. This is the very violation the Patriots were correctly punished for. This cameraman can be seen on the replay of the game, shooting the Patriots sideline while the Patriots defense was out. He shot other things or walked around while the Patriots offense was out.

If he is in fact a Jets employee the Jets have broken the same rule the Patriots did and this is incontrovertible proof. Stealing signals is not prohibited but teams taping from the sideline is. This is the offense the Patriots technically committed.

Please pursue this story.

Thank you,

Another bump.

kurtinelson

This is pissing me off. One way or another I want the simple question answered: WHO IS THIS GUY? If it turns out he's a media guy without a vest, so be it. I just want this answered.

kurtinelson

This is pissing me off. One way or another I want the simple question answered: WHO IS THIS GUY? If it turns out he's a media guy without a vest, so be it. I just want this answered.

I agree. I just cant let it die until we have an answer. So BUMP

I just sent off an email to everyone I could think of... or at least everyone I could find emails on. I put in all the pictures and linked to the threads here and asked for help. Is everyone going to ignore this? And one guy from Patriots daily already responded "take me off your list". Grrrrreat.

I just sent off an email to everyone I could think of... or at least everyone I could find emails on. I put in all the pictures and linked to the threads here and asked for help. Is everyone going to ignore this? And one guy from Patriots daily already responded "take me off your list". Grrrrreat.

If Channel 5 does not respond to the letter, email copy and photos I dropped off, I will publically release the email from someone there stating he is a Jets employee.

Everyone please email me all the pictures you have at [email protected]

I am compiling them all. Please add times if you have them such as at 4:25 in the 3rd etc…

I will share them all with anyone who wants them

Thanks Pain

Bump. Starting to look like everyone just wants to let it go...
NOT ME, LETS KEEP IT UP.
DW TOYS

NOT ME, LETS KEEP IT UP.
DW TOYS
Say................You don't think that RG would let this slip the cracks even though we have them dead to rights because of the "sting" assistance by Mangini? HEY RG!!! ARE YOU LOOKING THE OTHER WAY ON THIS ONE?
DW Toys

Say................You don't think that RG would let this slip the cracks even though we have them dead to rights because of the "sting" assistance by Mangini? HEY RG!!! ARE YOU LOOKING THE OTHER WAY ON THIS ONE?
DW Toys

I doubt that the commissioner wants this to be a cascading thing where this goes from team to team getting caught. Then the NFL looks even worse. IMO Goodell felt the Pats were a good scapegoat. Likewise the rules are pretty clear so it was relatively to easy punish the Pats by taking away a 1st round pick. However what if it becomes a chain reaction? I'm pretty sure he wants to put the issue to rest even if there is some merit to this. Either way, if this is true, I think the truth needs to come out, whether or not the NFL likes how it further stains its image.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back