PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMOKING GUN: URSA's PICTURE...What it else showed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMOKING GUN : URSA's PICTURE... What it else showed

I'm curious too. I did notice at the Colts game last week that there were some guys walking around without vest for a while. I thought it was odd. As far as him not always focusing directly on the primary action of the play, there could be several reasons for this to happen. One possibility could be that they had multiple photographers shooting the game. I work at a TV station in Cincy, we have since scaled back, but it was pretty routine for us to have two guys shooting the game. If they have a coaches show the guy could be shooting stuff for the show like isolation shots of certain players that they will be featuring.

It's possible that the guy is a Jets employee up to no good, but it's possible that is not the case as well.

Absolutely is it possible he's alright to be there . But there's just too much evidence here (which I summed up in pics that have been taken down on another thread) to not at least ask the question who this guy is. I mean the guy is wearing the same shirt as Mangini. Would a local TV crew have access to the same gameday apparell as the coaching staff? Something just doesn't seem right about that. Clearly the Jets would not be worried about getting "caught" at the Meadowlands. Again, we just want to know who he is. No conspiracy theories or anything like that. Just someone prove to us he is NOT a Jets employee. Because he clearly has a camera and he's clearly shooting the field of play.

Absolutely is it possible he's alright to be there . But there's just too much evidence here (which I summed up in pics that have been taken down on another thread) to not at least ask the question who this guy is. I mean the guy is wearing the same shirt as Mangini. Would a local TV crew have access to the same gameday apparell as the coaching staff? Something just doesn't seem right about that. Clearly the Jets would not be worried about getting "caught" at the Meadowlands. Again, we just want to know who he is. No conspiracy theories or anything like that. Just someone prove to us he is NOT a Jets employee. Because he clearly has a camera and he's clearly shooting the field of play.

I guess it's probably a question that may never be answered. There are probably far too many NY area stations covering the opening game, especially against the Pats, to question all the possible outlets to see if he is one of thier employees.

I know I can go to the Colts proshop and get a shirt like Dungy's. Thats why the league doesn't want the coachs to were suit, but would rather they wear licensed gear so people will go buy it.

Is this the shirt Mangini wears?

Shirt link

Shirt link

Hard to tell. None of the shots are totally clear but as with any Jets polo it is green with a logo on the left breast. My probably biased opinion is that it looks a little different. Still, what kind of independant camera man goes to the proshop and buys a team shirt to wear on the sideline? I know if I was a Jets employee and saw some random dude in a Jets shirt shooting video on the sideline I'd tell him to change it or at least put a vest on since it would be illegal by NFL rules. At least our guy had a vest on. In a lot of the photos I've seen this guy is in and amongst the players and they are paying him no attention like they might know him.

Last edited:

Oh well, hopefully Christopher Gasper will look into this; I referenced PatsFans.com.

Hard to tell. None of the shots are totally clear but as with any Jets polo it is green with a logo on the left breast. My probably biased opinion is that it looks a little different. Still, what kind of independant camera man goes to the proshop and buys a team shirt to wear on the sideline? I know if I was a Jets employee and saw some random dude in a Jets shirt shooting video on the sideline I'd tell him to change it or at least put a vest on since it would be illegal by NFL rules. At least our guy had a vest on. In a lot of the photos I've seen this guy is in and amongst the players and they are paying him no attention like they might know him.

Many guys that shoot games are fans of the teams they are covering. Not to mention it doesn't hurt relations with the players and coaches if they see you wearing their gear.

During a game, most of the players are pretty focused on the game and could care less about the photographers.

The big question is why he doesn't have a vest.

If you must know, I wrote to Reiss and he hasn't written back yet. Nor has Reiss put anything up in his blog.
Listen, I will say it again. Reiss has not told ME anything.
OH, and having just re-read the thread, no one posted any correspondance from Mike Reiss.

WRONG - Again the poor reading comprehension skills. I said someone had post IN THIS THREAD had said they he written Reiss, and said he didn't think there wasn't anything to the story.

You can find the post here, right in this very thread that you have read so carefully: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=521145&postcount=154

As far as what you sent to Reiss, if your rantings here are any indication of what you wrote to Reiss, then I am not surprised he didn't give you an answer. Oh, and in case you haven't figured it out, not everything written here is about you. That's a personality defect you should really be aware of.

It has nothing to do with a conspiracy theory. It has to do with the undeniable fact that there is a Cameraman on the Jets Sidelines in a JETS polo taping the Pats sidelines. Its fact. The pictures show it. And nothing you can say will change that.

WRONG - Several here have questioned whether it's possible to even guess if it has a Jets logo. The shirt doesn't even seem to be the right color - some have said it looks dark brown or even black. It definitely doesn't match the ballboys shirts, in color or style. So your FACT is actually BS. You or I don't have a clue if it is a Jets polo or not.

You really don't know much about football and the sideline rules, do you? The coaches are required to stay in a certain area on the sidelines. If you bothered to take your head out of your arse for a minute, you'd realize that the Jets Cameraman is 1) Breaking the rules as stated by the league, and 2) has his camera pointed at the Pats defense and across the field at the Pats bench.

Do you know what the rules about the sideline are ? Obviously not. If you don't know who the person is, then how do you know they broke the league rules ? As several have pointed out - you don't. You don't know anything. You are jumping to conclusions without any facts based on what you WANT to be true. And that's the point.

As far as I'm concerned, if Reiss has seen the photo (who hasn't) and doesn't think there is a story there, that's good enough for me. And probably most on this site would agree with that statement.

I haven't bombarded the media with ANYTHING, imbecile. So, I suggest you stfu with your stupid, unfounded, accusations. Its morons like YOU who give the Patriots nation a bad name.

WRONG - Again the ego complex - or perhaps the simple reading comprehension issue. I wasn't speaking about YOU specifically - I was speaking about the general turn of the thread, and the multiple hysterical calls for bombarding the media - for example this:

Guys - go wide on this, send it to every media outlet in the country - this ****er Mangina needs to be taken down like Borges was - hes doing the same **** to us!

Again, I can only read this type of stuff and be embarrassed as a Pats fan.

While we are are at it, lets examine why you are so invested in trying so fervently push this story, despite all the evidence to the contrary. This may shed some light:

I emailed Bill Simmons on this asking him for his opinion. I will be interested as to what it is...
If this can somehow hit the mainstream football media before tomorrow, it could have a great impact. You may come out of this an internet hero, DB.

Ahh, hell hath no fury like an internet hero scorned.

As for the ridicule, I expect nothing less ....

Glad to oblige.

Enjoy.

R

Last edited:

Many guys that shoot games are fans of the teams they are covering. Not to mention it doesn't hurt relations with the players and coaches if they see you wearing their gear.

During a game, most of the players are pretty focused on the game and could care less about the photographers.

The big question is why he doesn't have a vest.

All we're asking is who this guy is. There's enough fishy details. I work in television. My opinion from being around cameras and cameramen everyday is this guy does not look like a professional camerman. The guy holding the boom next to him looks like he's there for show. MOst of the shots he's just leaning on it. COuld he just be getting wild sound for highlights on a Jets show or something? Maybe. But a boom works a whole lot better for the when you point it where the cameraman is shooting. I cannot confirm as some have posted that local media were banned from the sideline for this game. Again, I haven't seen any thing yet that proves that to me other than what some people posted in other threads.

WRONG - Again the poor reading comprehension skills. I said someone had post IN THIS THREAD had said they he written Reiss, and said he didn't think there wasn't anything to the story.

Sorry you think we're being a little conspiracy driven for you here but I've seen enough video evidence that I at least want to know who this guys is. Reiss doesn't think there's anything here... yet. We were still putting all the details together last night. I combined what we knew in another thread with all the pictures but 3 of those pics have crashed off the site. We are working to get them back up. Here is what I see as fact (and I don't expect you to because you clearly have not seen what I have seen).

1. There is a shot of this camera man and mangini at the same time and from that I would say I am 95% sure they are wearing the same one. The guy holding the boom next to the cameraman is in a lighter shade of green. Mangini's is darker. And even the blurry logo area looks to be the same. We need to get the pic back up. Seeing is believing.

2. It is NFL rule that any cameraman on the sideline must be in a red vest if they're videographers, black vest if they are still photographers. Even if the guy works for Jets Football Weekly he should be in a vest. There are RUMOURS as well that local media was banned from the sideline for this game. I don't know that for sure. But the simple fact that this guy is not in a vest raises a question.

3. He is shooting action from the sideline and I've seen more screengrabs of him shooting when the Pats are on D than when they are on O. Either way, all that matters is that he was SHOOTING.

So are we crazy to just ask who this guy is? He is not wearing a vest, could very likely be wearing a Jets shirt and is shooting the field. If this guy is a Jets employee they are guilty of the exact same thing the Patriots were. All we're asking is just who this guy is. If he is a member of the media and not affiliated with the Jets, story over. But I think there's enough evidence to at least ask.

Last edited:

I guess it's probably a question that may never be answered. There are probably far too many NY area stations covering the opening game, especially against the Pats, to question all the possible outlets to see if he is one of thier employees.

I know I can go to the Colts proshop and get a shirt like Dungy's. Thats why the league doesn't want the coachs to were suit, but would rather they wear licensed gear so people will go buy it.

Shirt link

If you recall, local media outlets cannot film from the sidelines anymore.

If you recall, local media outlets cannot film from the sidelines anymore.

Local outlets were never barred from the sidelines, they were limited to one photographer last season, but they lifted that rules prior to this season. It's back to normal now. Just FYI.

Long time lurker first time poster...Just want to give my support and add this to the discussion.

This morning I was surfing the Jets website trying to find someone to contact about this and maybe get them to identify this guy when I came across this page:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/reporters
http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/reporters/articles_of_reporter?author_id=13

Look at Al Pierra the Jets Photographer at the bottom...even though the images of the cameraman from the game are fuzzy I thought wow...he sort of looks like the guy, sort of a weird coincidence the Jets have a photographer that resemble the cameraman. I didn't make a big deal out of though because its hard to tell from the ingame sceengrabs who he is, but I was surfing through a thread from Jetsinsider that someone linked to earlier and a poster named JumbalayaJet posted:

I can't be sure but from the distance he looks like the Jets photographer, who I'm familiar with. I believe rorjets knows him also. Maybe Randy saw him and remembers what Al wore that day?

If this photo could be enlarged I could probably confirm it as the Jets' photog.

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=151112&page=4&pp=20

Obviously still not concrete proof but someone who knows him thinks this is the guy.

Long time lurker first time poster...Just want to give my support and add this to the discussion.

This morning I was surfing the Jets website trying to find someone to contact about this and maybe get them to identify this guy when I came across this page:

Obviously still not concrete proof but someone who knows him thinks this is the guy.

I'm not completely sold that this is the same guy. Same hair color but Al the teams photographer looks a little older and fatter to me than the guy in the picture. And if this Al guy is the team photographer he should be shooting stills, not video. And he should be wearing a vest.

But if anyone can prove it's him, please do.

Here's another picture of Al Pereira, the Jets photographer (on the right). Somehow the videographer in the sideline photos seems younger and taller.
Maybe? Maybe not?

http://www.eyejammie.com/images/adler-al.jpg

Here's another picture of Al Pereira, the Jets photographer (on the right). Somehow the videographer in the sideline photos seems younger and taller.
Maybe? Maybe not?

Damn it's hard to tell. The mystery man seems a bit younger to me still but I'm not sure. But if it was this Al guy, who's supposed to be shooting still photos as the teams photographer, is he allowed by the NFL to be shooting video on the sideline like that?

Damn it's hard to tell. The mystery man seems a bit younger to me still but I'm not sure. But if it was this Al guy, who's supposed to be shooting still photos as the teams photographer, is he allowed by the NFL to be shooting video on the sideline like that?

He's probably allowed to shoot either.

He's probably allowed to shoot either.

Actually after a little digging teams are not allowed to shoot video unless it is a designated covered area i.e. from the press box. They are not allowed to shoot from the sideline. Can someone corroborate this?

Maybe? Maybe not?

Is Al related to the NFL's senior head of officiating at the NY office, Mike Pereira? You know the guy who does the video bits and pretends all the officiating is on the level. That would make for quite a scandal if his ?son? is "outside the lines" so to speak. The NFL would have to act, wouldn't they, just for appearances?

Last edited:

I see it more often than not. I work in Cincinnati and see guys working the games here doing it. I am a season ticket holder for the Colts and I sit in the 5 row near the endzone on the opponents sideline and I see plenty of them wearing team logos. I know for a fact I saw a photographer at the Saints game wearing a Saints polo.
Yeah. Right. Gonna have to call bullsh*t on this one.

Oh, and by the way... we aren't talking about a photographer, we are talking about a cameraman. There's a difference. (EDIT: That last sentence isn't me trying to be a wise-acre... just saying that different criteria apply to cameramen than photogs).

Last edited:

Jim Space is apparently gone. Here's a more current list of their video staff:

Director Video - Steve Scarnecchia

* Assistant Director Video - New York Jets NFL apparel Tim Tubito

* Video Assistant - Ryan Mahanes

http://www.usasportinfo.com/NFL/New-York-Jets.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back