PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SMOKING GUN: URSA's PICTURE...What it else showed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMOKING GUN : URSA's PICTURE... What it else showed

You would think that some reporter might find it worth their while to do work on a story on the prevalence of sideline videotaping. I can't find any mention of this kind of angle anywhere in the media.

Poor Tim Tubito. This very thread is one of the top hits under his name in a Google Search under his name, and that picture probably isn't even of him.

In terms of Tubito and Mahanes I don't think any of the three suspects are either of them. Though that would wrap it up in a nice little package for us I just can't match any of the pics to our screengrabs. Both of them have myspace pages and I can say that I found the exact two were looking for. They are linked as friends, Tubito's in a Jets shirt, Mahanes has the 2006 Jets Team photo with the caption "I'm in there somewhere". Tubito only has one picture, it's small, and his profile is private so you can't get into it. Mahanes has a buttload of pics up so it's easier to discount him. I'd encourage anyone to do an independant comparison but I just don't think it's them.

In terms of Tubito and Mahanes I don't think any of the three suspects are either of them. Though that would wrap it up in a nice little package for us I just can't match any of the pics to our screengrabs. Both of them have myspace pages and I can say that I found the exact two were looking for. They are linked as friends, Tubito's in a Jets shirt, Mahanes has the 2006 Jets Team photo with the caption "I'm in there somewhere". Tubito only has one picture, it's small, and his profile is private so you can't get into it. Mahanes has a buttload of pics up so it's easier to discount him. I'd encourage anyone to do an independant comparison but I just don't think it's them.

I posted this is the other thread but I'll say it here again, apparently all teams put out Media guides. The patriots one has a picture of Esstrella in it so I'm guessing that the jets one will have pictures of their video assistants and the like, if anyone can get a hold of one that could be a big help.

and................. even more interesting is this tidbit.

The Jets' video director, Steve Scarnecchia, formerly worked for the Patriots' video department. Sources say he once had the same duties that landed Estrella in spilled water last Sunday and that Scarnecchia was the one who trained Estrella to clandestinely compile the verboten footage in the first place. Oh, and Scarnecchia's father, Dante, is New England's longtime offensive line coach and has been Belichick's assistant head coach since 2000. Theirs should be a whale of a Thanksgiving dinner.

From THIS ARTICLE

Again................. Does this guy WORK for the JETS.

Well if the guy with the video camera is Steve Scarnecchia he sure as heck don't look anything like his dad.

Here are two screenshots of him shooting across the field while the Pats are on D. I also noticed him walking around not shooting anything while the Pats are on O. He is in the top right corner of both pics.

vlcsnap11749757st7.png

vlcsnap11750320vh3.png

Yes, they have................. the bump is alway appreciated ;)

Last edited:

A good way to check if he is with a local station would be to look for him on the sidelines of Giants games.

Some reporters are looking into this. For sure. We'll see if there's anything to it.

A good way to check if he is with a local station would be to look for him on the sidelines of Giants games.

Unless he is going to Baltimore.

Unless he is going to Baltimore.

But if he is on the sidelines of any giants game then this whole thing is debunked.

Anybody try the NY Times? If anyone SHOULD be unbiased it would be them.

Some reporters are looking into this. For sure. We'll see if there's anything to it.

I doubt that.
Unless someone on the web does all their work for them first.

But if he is on the sidelines of any giants game then this whole thing is debunked.

It was debunked days ago, when Reiss said that there was nothing to the story.

R

R

You keep saying those words, but I do not think you know what they mean.

He's referring to an off-handed response by Reiss that "he didn't think there was much to this story" but it isn't dead yet and njpatsfan can't leave well enough alone.

I e-mailed these links to the sports writers in Charlotte, NC. I post if I get any reply. Meanwhile.......bump!

R

I keep hearing this but I have NEVER SEEN an email from Reiss stating this. You have ONE poster that CLAIMS they heard back from Reiss but alleges that Reiss emailed him stating "not much to it", but didn't elaborate. Funny Reiss didn't answer anyone else and the ONE poster he did answer doesn't post the email, just paraphrases the "email".

You and others hold on to this that Reiss "debunked" this yet we don't even know Reiss ever really answered anyone. I would point out that Several posters here have emailed him yet he hasn't answered so why did he answer this one poster who just claims that Reiss looked at it and dismissed it off hand wiht no comment.

First that doesn't sound like Reiss at all and personally I call BS. If he had written this poster they would have posted the email not paraphrased what "Reiss emailed him".

So for those that think Reiss "debunked" anything pay attention...Reiss has DONE NO SUCH THING!

By the way Goodall emailed me and basically said the whole thing is hogwash and that the guy in the photos is indeed a Jest employee but they were going to brush it under the rug....no details but that is what he emailed...

See how easy that is???

Last edited:

I keep hearing this but I have NEVER SEEN an email from Reiss stating this. You have ONE poster that CLAIMS they heard back from Reiss but alleges that Reiss emailed him stating "not much to it", but didn't elaborate. Funny Reiss didn't answer anyone else and the ONE poster he did answer doesn't post the email, just paraphrases the "email".

You and others hold on to this that Reiss "debunked" this yet we don't even know Reiss ever really answered anyone. I would point out that Several posters here have emailed him yet he hasn't answered so why did he answer this one poster who just claims that Reiss looked at it and dismissed it off hand wiht no comment.

First that doesn't sound like Reiss at all and personally I call BS. If he had written this poster they would have posted the email not paraphrased what "Reiss emailed him".

So for those that think Reiss "debunked" anything pay attention...Reiss has DONE NO SUCH THING!

Not only that Gasper said in his chat on Friday that it was interesting. He did not say he would look into it but he and Reiss do work closely. If Reiss had all ready dismissed it Gasper would likely be on the same page.

Not only that Gasper said in his chat on Friday that it was interesting. He did not say he would look into it but he and Reiss do work closely. If Reiss had all ready dismissed it Gasper would likely be on the same page.

Actually Gasper said he hadn't seen our threads and that -if- the Jets were guilty they should suffer the same penalty. He didn't seem interested at all.

I have email Reiss as well as cold hard football facts. If anyone needs the vidcaps I have them all together on my site with nice big fat red circles around our mystery man.

http://coloyan.com/society/s091607

bbbbbuuuuuummmmmmppppp!!!!!!!!!

As I posted in the other thread......

There was a really clear shot of the dark shirted / shorts wearing suspected Jets VIDEO guy on the Channel Seven "On the Sideline show" which was on at 7:00 PM in the Boston area..

If anyone has it recorded go to about minute 6 and he can be seen as clear as day. His credential was smaller than the one the NFL Films guy was wearing. THere was about a 3 second look at him.

I have it on my DIRECTTV DVR....if there are any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes