PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Deion Branch

This is as far from the truth as it gets. Deon was not in a position where he gets "all or nothing". I'm pretty sure the Patriots weren't offering him pay at the level of a "car wash" employee, but really, it's not even the point. The point is that he was not honest with the Pats and acted like a complete ******* to get more money. If he wasn't interested with the Pats offers, he should have said so instead of forcing them to trade him. Going behind the backs of the Pats and talking to other teams while still under contract by the Pats isn't even legal according to the rules. He mislead the Patriots and never gave them an honest position.

I'm not convinced thats what actually happened. Branch said several times that the Patriots weren't communicating with him. The Patriots said he wasn't communicating with them.

I'm thinking the agent was the issue, especially when you add in all the tampering that went on.

Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

Ok, so no Trade-pocalypse. We lost much less than we gain from PUP.

Technically LeVoir and Tate aren't activated yet, but maybe this means they will be shortly.

LeVoir I think is a given, but Tate will probably be competing this week with practice squaders for a ST spot. No way he is ready to go as an actual WR.

Re: Signs of the Trade-pocalypse: Official thread for speculation on WTF is going dow

Adalius doesn't have a spot in the starting lineup in a 4-3, apparently. The ends are Green and Warren, and OLB's are Burgess and Guyton.
Burgess isnt a LB in the 43

Tate may be ready to go as an actual returner.

LeVoir I think is a given, but Tate will probably be competing this week with practice squaders for a ST spot. No way he is ready to go as an actual WR.

Re: Deion Branch

I'm not convinced thats what actually happened. Branch said several times that the Patriots weren't communicating with him. The Patriots said he wasn't communicating with them.

I'm thinking the agent was the issue, especially when you add in all the tampering that went on.

Ya think? Especially when BB way back then offered The Twig Seattle money but with the condition that the little sh!t drop his bastid agent.

Color me exctatic that I didn't have to vocally root against a Patriot player, not that BB would have ever brought this over paid over the hill self centered creep back to NE.

He looked that good after one practice?

I remember watching my man Edelperson over a couple weeks in training camp. Could not field punts well. While Faulk and Welker fielded the kicks one handed (left) with a football in their right hands, Edelman showed raw inexperience struggling with two hands droping easy catches. It's amazing how far he's come with BB entrusting the return role to him especially in a wet rain and snow game. Kudos.

I remember watching my man Edelperson over a couple weeks in training camp. Could not field punts well. While Faulk and Welker fielded the kicks one handed (left) with a football in their right hands, Edelman showed raw inexperience struggling with two hands droping easy catches. It's amazing how far he's come with BB entrusting the return role to him especially in a wet rain and snow game. Kudos.

Excellent points -- I agree.

I doubt he'll return punts this week but returning punts isn't like playing WR, he needs to know what the blocking is doing then let his instinct take over, much easier than playing WR. I could see Tate returning punts as soon as Week 9, right after the bye.

I agree. I expect Welker and Faulk to be back to their punt-returning glory. Tate might get a shot on kickoff returns, if he impresses this week and is physically ready. That's a lot simpler, since you can catch the ball and react to the play in front of you. It's hard to imagine BB would want to put Maroney back there with the injuries to the RB cadre. That leaves Slater as a primary returner, which might be enough to make BB feel he's not taking that big a chance trusting Tate back there.

I've got a dollar that says Tate returns kickoffs in London - just a dollar...

How long can it be before we start saying, "Percy who?" 3 weeks? :D

Last edited:

A walk-through no less.

I agree. I expect Welker and Faulk to be back to their punt-returning glory. Tate might get a shot on kickoff returns, if he impresses this week and is physically ready. That's a lot simpler, since you can catch the ball and react to the play in front of you. It's hard to imagine BB would want to put Maroney back there with the injuries to the RB cadre. That leaves Slater as a primary returner, which might be enough to make BB feel he's not taking that big a chance trusting Tate back there.

The only problem with putting either Faulk or Welker back there is that the Pats are, currently, very thin at both the RB and WR positions.

RB: Maroney, Faulk, BJGE, Morris (injured), Taylor (Injured)
WR: Moss, Welker, Aiken, Edelman (injured), Tate (PUP), Nunn (PS)

Currently, the Pats have 2 empty roster spots. One for LaVoir and one for Tate. However, if Tate isn't ready, then I'd expect Nunn to be activated and he'd see time as a kick returner as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft