PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Browns laying foundation for trade down (Garrett not their sure #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Browns keep laying the foundation for a trade down

The Browns may not be picking Garrett at number one. They also have interest in Trubisky (lol...such a Browns move) or Fournette. Florio believes they are leaking these players, so if they trade down, they can claim they got their best rated prospect. The lengths this team will go to for good press is remarkable.

I've already made a thread that if they really think Jimmy Garopollo is their answer at quarterback, they should be willing to deal #1 overall and perhaps more, since quarterbacks cost a huge premium. Now it appears that, not only are they unwilling to part with their precious first pick, but they clearly don't even see a player there who is a cut above. And, they'd potentially be willing to take Trubisky #1, but #1 is a non-starter to get an even better quarterback prospect? Browns are gonnna Brown.

The problem is that they are in ohio.. Have any of you ever been there or at least watched the drew Cary show? They make clothes look deliberately horrible like animal skins.. They all wear coke bottle glasses and read stupid stories. The mistake on the lake folks may have even slithered out of lake Erie only a few days ago. Now they are bummed out because they cant find a high enough building to jump off from.

Could be trading down and trading some of those picks via the trade to NE.

I still think Jimmy stays

Just read the Florio piece again and it still does not mention Jimmy G... unless you want to read into it that it implies something about Jimmy G..

Seems to be a slow day for Florio & crew so he has to write something..

Garrett put up a huge red flag the other day when Booger McFarland was subbing for Golic on Mike and Mike. Garrett was scheduled to come on, and he cancelled when he learned that McFarland was co-hosting. Apparently McFarland has been critical of Garrett in the past. After Garrett cancelled, McFarland compared him to Jamarcus Russell and Mike Muluaga. McFarland said if you watch him on tape, he doesn't play hard, doesn't like contact.....

I'm always weary of these guys you never heard of until the combine.....

But if he can't face criticism, what else can't he face?

Lots of garbage is widely reported. Not everyone is gullible.

Its been widely reported thas the patriots position.

I've seen it talked about some, but not widely reported (which by definition means investigative journalists writing stories about it based on a new scoop on it that has some legitimacy).

Garrett put up a huge red flag the other day when Booger McFarland was subbing for Golic on Mike and Mike. Garrett was scheduled to come on, and he cancelled when he learned that McFarland was co-hosting. Apparently McFarland has been critical of Garrett in the past. After Garrett cancelled, McFarland compared him to Jamarcus Russell and Mike Muluaga. McFarland said if you watch him on tape, he doesn't play hard, doesn't like contact.....

Deciding he didn't want to go on the show doesn't mean he was avoiding criticism. It could simply mean that when he did the math, and weighed the value to him of going on the show vs. not going on the show, he decided against it. It could have been as simple as looking forward to chatting with Golic, not looking forward to chatting with McFarland, and deciding "Hey, this isn't worth the trouble any more. I'd rather do something else with my morning." He doesn't owe us anything.

Browns keep laying the foundation for a trade down

The Browns may not be picking Garrett at number one. They also have interest in Trubisky (lol...such a Browns move) or Fournette. Florio believes they are leaking these players, so if they trade down, they can claim they got their best rated prospect. The lengths this team will go to for good press is remarkable.

I've already made a thread that if they really think Jimmy Garopollo is their answer at quarterback, they should be willing to deal #1 overall and perhaps more, since quarterbacks cost a huge premium. Now it appears that, not only are they unwilling to part with their precious first pick, but they clearly don't even see a player there who is a cut above. And, they'd potentially be willing to take Trubisky #1, but #1 is a non-starter to get an even better quarterback prospect? Browns are gonnna Brown.

The number one pick in the draft for a QB who has played a game and a half is insane. And you want more on top of that? I know fans overrate their own players and prospect, but that's just ridiculous.

Browns keep laying the foundation for a trade down

Trading down is the right move.

Booger McFarland is a moron.
There is no good in any player doing an interview with him before the draft.

The number one pick in the draft for a QB who has played a game and a half is insane. And you want more on top of that? I know fans overrate their own players and prospect, but that's just ridiculous.

Not if you believe he's your franchise QB.

Yeah all accounts have them going the Jimmy Johnson route of rebuilding. If they like someone else and they can move around and add picks then hey go for it. They need alot of help. They just need to be as good as Jimmy making their picks and they havent proved they are even close historically....

I don't see how they could trade down if garrett is going to be a stud defensive player like von miller. Those types are hard to come by. On the other hand if you think he's overrated trading down is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back