PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Ben TheRapist be called an elite QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the field, Ben has shown lots of evidence.

Off the field he's been a crummy leader for much of his career, which his team overcame. Let's see if this year's reforms hold up.

As for the rest -- I think the evidence that Ben was a thug for many years is overwhelming. The evidence for any specific crime is less clear, except perhaps for lesser ones like giving alcohol to near-legal-age minors.

Last edited:
On the field, Ben has shown lots of evidence.

Off the field he's been a crummy leader for much of his career, which his team overcame. Let's see if this year's reforms hold up.

As for the rest -- I think the evidence that Ben was a thug for many years is overwhelming. The evidence for any specific crime is less clear, except perhaps for lesser ones like giving alcohol to near-legal-age minors.

no offense but what do his off the field problems have to do with him being on of the elite QB's in the NFL?

Umm YES!! 3 Super Bowl rings gets you to Canton. Especially since he is playing for the Steelers.

And yes they are going to win. Rodgers is good but has never played in the big game. He was awful today and coulda lost.

FWIW, Ben got molested by Mendenhall in national television:

47d6khd

FWIW, Ben got molested by Mendenhall in national television:

47d6khd

Perhaps this explains why Ben had his face pressed into a towel while on bended knee. Now he knows what it feels like...

If you want to be considered a classless pig then be my guest. I would have hoped that Patsfans would enjoy a greater reputation than fans of any other organization.

so, what i gather from this nonsensical diatribe is that you feel "gentle ben" is innocent of what he's been accused of by two different women.

just so we're clear, i don't.

so, what i gather from this nonsensical diatribe is that you feel "gentle ben" is innocent of what he's been accused of by two different women.

just so we're clear, i don't.
No, more I think you're a bigoted idiot for calling someone a rapist on an allegation. I have my reservations as to whether or not he did it. That doesn't mean I employ the right to publicly abuse him for something I don't know occurred as a fact.

Lawyers have a word for that. It's called libel.

He's elite because there is no one I can think of that has the escapability of Ben. The way he is able to make something out of a nothing or a negative yardage play, not to mention how difficult it is to tackle him, and the way he just keeps on winning (yes I know, its a team sport). Not even Vick does that consistently.

Ben might not have gaudy stats, but then would any QB on that team? Trying to be honest, I don't think so. I think I can honestly say that if we did not have TFB, I'd be very happy with Ben here.

I consider Ben on the same level as Manning/Brady but with a different skill set which is used perfectly in Pittsburgh. Just as the way Brady's skill set is perfect here in NE, and Manning's in Indy.

Now, I need to go projectile vomit.

Last edited:
What about Vick "The Dog Killer" was he elite this season?

Or O.J. "The Wife Killer" was he elite?

Or Ray Lewis....

Or Leonard Little....

insert another 100 NFL Players etc....

This is just pathetic trying to discredit Ben, like all those jets fans try to discredit BB for "Spygate", and no it's not the same, but the idea is. (throw a lable and discredit, and bring it up every time you have no substance for your argument)

Remember this is America "innocent until proven guilty" This isn't Iraq (thank God) where people get stoned for accusations. He may of done something wrong, but who hasn't at that age. He may of needed to be humbled. And he may of raped someone, but until proven guilty, you shouldn't assume you know the answer. Remember it was a situation involving alchohol on both sides, maybe jealousy, maybe greed. It wouldn't be the first time a female took advantage of an athlete for money, just ask poor Antonio Cromartie:D So who knows, Ben may be guilty, All I know, is I don't know, and neither do you.

Poor Cro, being taken advantage of 9 times. Glad I'm not in his shoes!

It's clear that you have a major bias against him based on the title and the little angry face alone. You're just a bitter little boy who may very well jump out of his bunkbed headfirst if Ben wins his 3rd SB.
What confuses me is why a Vikings fan would want to talk to Patriot fans after a game between the Jets and the Steelers?

Big Vikes fan here and I am completely dumbfounded.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...s-packers-update-favre-page7.html#post2304002

No, more I think you're a bigoted idiot for calling someone a rapist on an allegation. I have my reservations as to whether or not he did it. That doesn't mean I employ the right to publicly abuse him for something I don't know occurred as a fact.

that's funny, i think you're an ignorant moron, blind to the facts. i have zero reservations whether he did it and i do reserve the right to publicly ridicule him any time i damn well please. you don't like it ? as we say over here, "move to australia", i hear there's plenty of criminals there.

popcorngiraffe.gif

Last edited:

Completely agree with you on this, and stated such when the incident first happened. The court of public opinion goes to far some times.

If he's guilty convict him, saying he's a rapist is against what our judicial system stands for. No, one was there, knows what happened, or has any scene evidence of the case.
Gossip and innuendo is why people still believe aliens made the pyramids, and a waste of a grown mans time.

A terrible excuse of a human being. But undoubtedly a top QB in the NFL. He did cough up 2 picks in this game however. So it wasn't exactly a flawless performance for him.

This is a classic case of not recognizing how good a quarterback is because his system is different than your own.

I don't really know how you can compare Roethlisberger to Brady. The Brady to Manning comparison is actually much more interesting.

Roethlisberger would frustrate the Patriots to no end if he played quarterback in New England. He is not the type to read defenses, break down film, and audible at the line of scrimmage. In addition, the guy is not that accurate in the pocket; he throws plenty of bad, off-line passes and doesn't really thrive on timing routes, which is where the Patriots and Colts make their living. This just would not be a good fit in these offenses.

But Brady and Manning would get killed in Pittsburgh behind that makeshift offensive line and backyard football strategy. Roethlisberger is insanely good when the play breaks down and when he scrambles outside the pocket. The team and system suit his game perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News