PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Should Ben TheRapist be called an elite QB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offense but what do his off the field problems have to do with him being on of the elite QB's in the NFL?

I didn't mean bad behavior in bars. I meant teammates disliking him for his locker room demeanor or whatever.

I was using the term "leader" on purpose.

Last edited:
Brady could fail to win another playoff game, and despite the knee-jerk reactions from the media, it wouldn't really affect his legacy all that much. He'd still be known as a great winner- definitely not the most clutch of all-time, but a guy you'd still want in the big game and a sure-fire hall of famer.

Roethlisberger has a lot on the line against a really good Packers defense. You can really go from a hero to zero fast in the NFL, and his Super Bowl performances thus far have been far from elite, save for one terrific play at the end of the last one. Suppose he throws three picks and the Steelers lose?

Is that relevant at all? Especially considering that this topic has nothing to do with the Patriots anyway.

It could be relevant, if its based on a character issue with viking fans. They seem to blame officiating, dirty play, you got lucky Anderson missed his 1st FG, and so on, instead of taking ownership.

I dont see Patriot fans doing that here. They genuinely take responsibility for a loss and move on. If its the case of you just trying to start trouble, he's very relevant.

Last edited:
that's funny, i think you're an ignorant moron, blind to the facts. i have zero reservations whether he did it and i do reserve the right to publicly ridicule him any time i damn well please. you don't like it ? as we say over here, "move to australia", i hear there's plenty of criminals there.
Top answer. Kinda reinforces you as the ******** that I think you are.

Facts would have supported a conviction because they could have been proven in court.

Last edited:
It could be relevant, if its based on a character issue with viking fans. They seem to blame officiating, dirty play, you got lucky Anderson missed his 1st FG, and so on, instead of taking ownership.

I dont see Patriot fans doing that here. They genuinely take responsibility for a loss and move on. If its the case of you just trying to start trouble, he's very relevant.

*gets out his popcorn* this could be fun. Fans of two different NFC teams going at it here over on a Pats msgboard about a QB on a different team than any of the 3.

*Waits for Stavros27's response while picking popcorn from his teeth*

Last edited:
*gets out his popcorn* this could be fun. Fans of two NFC teams going at it here.

*Waits for Stavros27's response*

:):rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

It's clear that you have a major bias against him based on the title and the little angry face alone. You're just a bitter little boy who may very well jump out of his bunkbed headfirst if Ben wins his 3rd SB.

He's a great quarterback and a turd of a human being.

I think roethlisberger is a pretty good QB, I don't know about elite, but he obviously is good enough for the steelers to win games. He's not a thinking QB like Brady or Manning, I don't think he makes good decision often on the field,which is probably a requirement to be consider an "elite" QB. but I will give him credit for using he's running ability and incredible strength to the fullest in order to help his team to win. Also he doesn't need to be an elite QB, because his defense is elite almost every year.

I think he's more of a Terry Bradshaw type guy, a guy who rides the coattails of the team around him and plays half decent.

I mean, lets not forget this team went 3-1 without him to start the year.

Winningest team in football the last 5 years with Ben at QB...EOS.
2 SB's 3 AFC championships.

that's funny, i think you're an ignorant moron, blind to the facts. i have zero reservations whether he did it and i do reserve the right to publicly ridicule him any time i damn well please. you don't like it ? as we say over here, "move to australia", i hear there's plenty of criminals there.

Jeez you are some a hole.

Wanna put your real name up here if you are going to say things like that?

Are you a rapist? Without knowing the full facts of what happened there the old saying 'takes one to know one' comes to mind.

Your comments about Australia are despicable too.

I don't think you should be calling him a rapist given he wasn't convicted of anything. If you added alleged...

It's quite poor taste to be honest.

not when the owner of the bar erases the tape.

you are correct about me, though, when i hear about a dirtbag like ben the rapist feeding underage college girls alchohol and then forcing himself on them, i do become a ********. i have a daughter in college.

Jeez you are some a hole.

Wanna put your real name up here if you are going to say things like that?

Are you a rapist? Without knowing the full facts of what happened there the old saying 'takes one to know one' comes to mind.

Your comments about Australia are despicable too.

another internet tough guy talking out his ....

as far as australia goes, it's a historical fact and one many australians i've spoken to are proud of. i didn't initiate any of this, i'm just responding so (Please be quiet - edited).

i don't want to derail the thread whether "ben the rapist is elite" ? i say no. but he's getting close.

Last edited:
No, he shouldn't and it was sickening that CNN (and I imagine other sports venues) ran a lead story entitled, "The Redemption of Ben Rothlisberger" the other day. Redemption!!! What? Because he paid off one or two women he forced himself on and served a paltry 4 game suspension??!! Yeah, right. And he's really not a very good QB. His one great trait is he's hard to knock down, But, he holds the ball too long and he's less than accurate a lot of the time. Go Pack.

I don't think you should be calling him a rapist given he wasn't convicted of anything. If you added alleged...

It's quite poor taste to be honest.

personally, I prefer "unindicted rapist."

If he wins his third ring as a starting QB, yeah, he's an elite and HOF QB. With two, in neither of which he was MVP, I think there can be some debate.

i dont think so..........
it is amazing how many sports shows are calling him elite and = Brady after todays win over the Jets
the steelers did not have him for the first 4 games of the season and still won games, steelers are good coz of their defense NOT THERAPIST
agreed?

No......he is one tough bastid tho and can make the big plays when he needs to....just don't put him in the category of Brady, manning, and brees....

Ben is to busy to go see a dying kid for make a wish..so he is a d bag IMO.

and really, he's not the reason they win, they were doing just fine when he was suspened.

No, he shouldn't and it was sickening that CNN (and I imagine other sports venues) ran a lead story entitled, "The Redemption of Ben Rothlisberger" the other day. Redemption!!! What? Because he paid off one or two women he forced himself on and served a paltry 4 game suspension??!! Yeah, right. And he's really not a very good QB. His one great trait is he's hard to knock down, But, he holds the ball too long and he's less than accurate a lot of the time. Go Pack.

I agree with you on both points. Absolutely sickening to see him up there after the game accepting the trophy with Rooney and former Steeler greats. Nauseating. After many Steeler fans were talking about how disgusting his behavior had become and seriously expressing doubts about whether they wanted him as their QB after the last incident, now he is the toast of Pittsburgh.

Also, anyone thinking Ben should now be given a pass because he basically didn't rape anyone or break the law since the season started, should listen to the ballwashing that Mike Greenberg and others are giving him this morning on ESPN. Whether it's to soften the blow of your beloved Jets losing, or to hype the coming Super Bowl, these mediots' short memories are disgusting.

Regarding whether he's an elite QB on the field--he's tough as hell, comes through in the clutch, and wins, but is a below average passer and borderline gunslinger, so I say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes