PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SHOCKER! Dante Scarnecchia retires after 30 years with the Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Pepper, then Dante...

This coaching staff is much, much worse than it was less than one week ago.

And that's including this new OL coach, who sounds like a real AHole from the
Sparano/Tubby Wrecks school. WTF was Bill thinking?

I would be upset, but people are acting like the offensive line wasn't one of the biggest problems with the team this year. Let's get some actual talent on the O-Line and it won't make a difference who the coach is.

We are doomed, i tell ya doomed. Sound the alarm we are picking first in the draft next year i tell ya.

fans are nutso....the slightest change in the coaching staff they run for the cliff like lemmings...but Badsmell floats the idea of having a dog on horseback positioned in the endzone on kickoffs and they're all for change.

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL 13m
RT @tonygrossi: Confirmed: #Browns and #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels had more conversations this week. Possibly back in mix.

So who do you want him to hire?

We should understand what it means to be the best coach in the NFL. Belichick has a large coaching tree. That means that many of his coaches have moved on and are coaching elsewhere. That also means that when any of these folks gets a promotion, and consider who to hire, they often hire are those are also past or present Belichick employees.

BB just coached a team missing 4 or 5 pro bowlers and relying on a bunch of rookies and sophomores to the AFC Championship Game and we're all worried that he can't groom a couple position coaches?

I have no worry about a couple of position coaches. Losing Dante and possibly Josh is a bit more concerning.

And we are NOT talking about grooming position coaches. Grooming to me means having a coach that you are getting ready to step up ehen needed. Here we are talking about hiring three and maybe more and expecting them to be ready in a few month.

Also, understand that Belichick has fewer coaches than most teams and delegates less than most coaches.

BB just coached a team missing 4 or 5 pro bowlers and relying on a bunch of rookies and sophomores to the AFC Championship Game and we're all worried that he can't groom a couple position coaches?

a STANDING OVATION for him !!!

mille grazie Dante !

auguri per il tuo futuro (best wishes for yr future)

un vero - grande Patriota (a true Patriot)

30 anni di fede (30 years of faith)

all the best !!! you was really always appreciated ! always in our mind !!!

mille grazie Dante !

Great post, I best just second it.

mille grazie Dante !

si prega di non unirsi a qualche altra squadra

(please don't join some other team)

Wow, this really sucks. Good luck with your retirement Dante. This guy better get voted in patriots hall of fame first ballot.

If you perhaps read my post, you would see that I never said it was the sole reason for the loss - only that the O-line had been bad in each game.

And yes, O-Line play was a huge problem in the Denver game. Nobody on that line played well. Nobody. Couldn't run, whiffed on rushers at the worst times. Wendell the Center was indeed the weakest link, but this is a common thread on Patriots O-Lines and is nothing surprising.

Something had to be done the first few times. At this point it's a repeated mistake and you have the hold the coach responsible.
Clearly they should have hired you amirite? :rolleyes: , A lot of patriots owe their career to this guy. You can coach a guy all day but, if he doesn't have the talent he doesn't have the talent. Need to try to replace Wendell.

I would be upset, but people are acting like the offensive line wasn't one of the biggest problems with the team this year. Let's get some actual talent on the O-Line and it won't make a difference who the coach is.

Sorry, not trying to flame you but if you think his abscence won't make a difference you haven't been paying much attention the last 14 years. Brady and the offenses succesess are due in no small part to his contributions. Have you ever heard the saying "Games are won in the trenches"?

With that being said props to our Patriot HOFer. Drop the waiting period. He's as responsible for our success as anyone in shoulder pads. Canton should start molding his bust too.

Thank you Dante. Good luck in retirement. Well this is bad news. Year after year, Scar turned mediocre talent into serviceable Olmen. Most of them have performed well above their draft status. Dante has been one of the best in the business for DECADES. There's a good reason he was a constant holdover over multiple coaching regimes in New England.

Hopefully we get a good replacement for a crucial coaching position. It's going to be hard losing that continuity on the offensive coaching side. Whoever replaces him has HUGE shoes to fill!!

Happy retirement Scar. You will be missed.

Someone whose mentors aren't the blowhardness of Fat Tony Sparano & Wrecks Cryan.

Then say who? Make a suggestion, use names. Who was available? Who is due for a promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents