PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SHOCKER! Dante Scarnecchia retires after 30 years with the Patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone whose mentors aren't the blowhardness of Fat Tony Sparano & Wrecks Cryan.

What if his mentor was the two-time Super Bowlness of Tom Coughlin? His first job in the NFL was 5 years with the Giants, during which time the G-Men set team records for yards per carry and total yards in 2008, and the year before they had a pretty successful playoff run if memory serves.

His first college job was at Boston College, where he worked for...Tom Coughlin! While at BC he helped coach Tom Nalen, Pete Kendall and Damien Woody, among others.

Coughlin is his mentor. Sparano and Rex are guys he's worked with.

Guys, ignore Captain Hindsight. Things are just better, trust me.

Dang it! I hope his replacement is up to the task.

Dave DeGuglielmo was:

1. Successful with the Giants.

2. Successful with the Dolphins.

3. Fired by the Jets.

That last job on the resume seals it. Great choice!

If I ever get a chance to meet the man, I will offer my sincere and profound "thanks" for all he did for this franchise over the years.

I think every Patsfan here knows how important, yet unsung and overlooked his work to maximize the performance of all members of the OL has been over the years - and with the exception of one quirky injury to Brady (one that appeared intentional by Pollard at the end of a play), he facilitated Brady's protection exceptionally well.

Beyond that he seldom gets any attention or credit from the general fan base - which, as he knows better than most, means he's done his job well.

Honestly, if I had to pick between keeping McDaniels as coordinator and Scarnecchia as OL/Assistant Head Coach - I'd take keeping Scarnecchia.

He's that important.

Thank you sir, for your years of service in helping revitalize football in this region of the country!

:youtheman:

I was surprised to read this. I didn't even realise he was considering this. Is BB promoting form inside. Damn, our coaching staff keeps getting smaller and smaller. We need some new blood.

Good wishes Dante for your retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick