PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seriously...why is it taking so long?

Remember when BB said something about "next month" on Letterman and we were all, no way, that would be March!

Sigh.

This is what I've been predicting for some time now. Goodell will be in full deflect mode this week and will squash freedom of the press at every turn. There won't be anything realesed until he's left Pheonix and landed safely back in NY and been ushered away back to his underground bunker. Then a league toady will be trotted out to take the heat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ending-investigations-before-league-meetings/

I don't know what's going on but another Florio article that doesn't make me want to smash things.. Weird.. and he's probably going to be right on that one.

I don't know what's going on but another Florio article that doesn't make me want to smash things.. Weird.. and he's probably going to be right on that one.
I hear ya. It's making me feel dirty.o_O

At this point what could possibly be the holdup? Especially since there haven't been leaks in weeks.

At this point what could possibly be the holdup? Especially since there haven't been leaks in weeks.
Goodell wants to avoid any and all negative media attention so he can bask in the glow of his own Omnipotent Greatness as he Lords over the Proceedings at the Annual Gathering to Celebrate his Seraphic Ascendence as the All Powerful Deity.

goodell sucks 16.jpg

Never believed people suggesting Thursday #1 of NCAA bball... Way too long, I thought. Wow. We only have a week of March remaining. Even when BB told Letterman "next month" (referring to March) I thought it was outlandish.

The single most important issue in the history of the Earth (seemed like people were saying as much after Indy game) and they take this long ?!?? Embarassing.

If he comes out Monday morning and meets all of these issues head on I'll be shocked.

Frankly, that's EXACTLY what I would recommened. Decisions aside, his standing as the face of the entire league will be nullified should he try to deflect and hide.

I'm sorry but a no-finding and changing of procedure as it relates to game balls would seem the right choice. The tampering case, a swap of 4ths and maybe the Jets get docked a 7th as well per previous instances. The Browns, a fine. Texting for chrissake? They wear headphhones. Innocuous. Falcons piping in crowd noise. This should go deeper. What games? Against who? This seems to be the most aggregious and muddled integrity issue IMO.

Draft pick penalties might be moved to next year or the teams already know and they're showing remarkable restraint by not leaking the penalties. How long can they let teams look at prospects only to pop out and say they're not actually picking at that spot? Teams should have been notified before the combine.

Goodell wants to avoid any and all negative media attention so he can bask in the glow of his own Omnipotent Greatness as he Lords over the Proceedings at the Annual Gathering to Celebrate his Seraphic Ascendence as the All Powerful Deity.

View attachment 8956

We joke about this, but...

Getting near the end, huh. What on earth does that mean? Nothing really. Near the end is pretty open to interpretation. Nice stonewall, Rog.

Draft pick penalties might be moved to next year or the teams already know and they're showing remarkable restraint by not leaking the penalties. How long can they let teams look at prospects only to pop out and say they're not actually picking at that spot? Teams should have been notified before the combine.

They can't move a pick swap into 2016. A forfeited pick, sure.

Actually, to me the bigger thing in Goodell's interview with the Official League Mouthpiece and Shill is Goodell's assertion that he was not "personally aware" of the controversy until after the game.

Think about that for a minute...

Grigson, the GM of one of the teams in the AFCCG, has gone on record that he contacted the NFL before the AFCCG and essentially accused his AFCCG opponent of doctoring balls. In what world would Goodell not be informed of that fact??? Sure, maybe Goodell didn't know about any sting operation (rogue or otherwise), but the assertion he didn't know about the accusation until after the game beggars belief.

So either Grigson lied, Goodell lied, or the NFL front office is even more totally incompetent than one might have thought beforehard.

I'm going with (2) and possibly a bit of (3) mixed in as well.

My long-term concern is while it's not deserved, the accumulating Hatriot feelings will hurt a number of Patriots making the HoF. BB and TB can't be denied. Kraft and Ty Law gets in. But the rest will need more help....out of 45, only 9 can keep a candidate out of the HoF. In 15 or 20 years, expect to hear various excuses to hide they just don't like the Patriots, then you see players with equal or less credentials get in.

The selection committee needs way more than 45 doing the selection with more input from coaches/players, and the ballots be made public, just like the Supreme Court.
Ron Borges has a vote. Enough said.

So either Grigson lied, Goodell lied, or the NFL front office is even more totally incompetent than one might have thought beforehard.

I'm going with (2) and possibly a bit of (3) mixed in as well.

Those are indeed the options, although they can each be tweaked to demonstrate that all are possible:

Never underestimate the power of humans to dissemble, that is to conceal information, intention or belief. This is the most common way to avoid telling the absolute truth without actually lying.

Grigson my have informed the NFL office, but he omitted any information as to whether he did so formally or informally; whether he submitted his complaint in writing or by conversation; who was the recipient of his complaint or even their function within the NFL offices.

Goodell used pronouns instead of using nouns that actually describe what he was and wasn't aware of. "It" is totally ambiguous, and can be interpreted as all, or nothing, and everything in between.

On your 3rd point - I have long been of the opinion (and have submitted several posts on the subject) that the NFL office is deeply dysfunctional. There is a very obvious lack of process and accountability that suggests a politically fractured environment where left and right hands are completely ignorant of each other.

You hit the nail on the head, and I really believe that all three are in play, with a heavier dose of the third for good measure.

I'm SO confused.
It's schizoid. Are we supposed to be discussing Deflategate here in Patsfan Siberia or in the threads on the main page now?
Why did this topic ever get moved here?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back