PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle shopping Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are there, 75 guys a year who thrive as return men in college?

Next you're going to tell me that Johhny Knox is a fantastic kick returner and the Bears don't have fantastic blocking.

Yes, McKelvin and Parrish are good kick returners. They're a dime a dozen. The Pats had multiple guys last year who were good kick returners. The blocking is what makes them great, just like Hester and Knox and Daniel Manning.

Knox, though hardly used as one, was a very good kick returner coming out of college. The question was whether or not his experience coming out of D2 would allow him to succeed because he does have the speed for it. (4.29 - 40) and he's got good agility (6.81 3 cone). He's also got very strong legs (10'02" broad jump).

Knox is certainly helped out by the Bears blocking, but lets not take anything away from Knox.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, its not different in the return game, except the percentages. Return game is probably 95% blocking, 5% return man.

The same teams always have good return teams, despite changing return guys. The same teams always have bad return teams, despite changing return guys. Its the blocking.
With all due respect it's not as simple as saying it's this or it's that. I have no idea whether or not your % are accurate but it's inaccurate to suggest as you are doing that some return guys aren't the difference makers in their teams successful return game. Just as it would be inaccurate for me to suggest that a teams success in the return game isn't due in any significant part to good coaching.

BB just mentioned in his WEEI interview that he'd be surprised if the Pats made a trade at the deadline.

how do you know he isn't saying that to throw people off? ;)

No thanks. Branch is always injured. He also, held out for more money while under contract and forced the Pats to trade him in a year where we were stuck with Bug Eyes Caldwell as our #1 and lost in the AFCC in a shootout in the 59th minute of the game.

He's dead to me.

If Brady wants him back, then I want him back on the team. Looks like we may not have Galloway for much longer anyway. We could use another received while Edelman and Tate develop.

No thanks. Branch is always injured. He also, held out for more money while under contract and forced the Pats to trade him in a year where we were stuck with Bug Eyes Caldwell as our #1 and lost in the AFCC in a shootout in the 59th minute of the game.

He's dead to me.

Could. Not. Agree. More.

Let the greedy Twig rot in Hell

Deion Branch is the PERFECT player to bring in right now, especially given what ails us. Make it happen, and let bygones be bygones.

Personally I'd love to see him back as the #3. If it costs a 5th rd or 4th at best, I'd hope the Pats would go for it. He could put on the uniform and contribute immediately (if he isn't hurt again that is).

The cap hit for the pats wouldn't amount to much. The only issue I see would be if other teams with Patriot roots would want him more than the Pats (Browns, Chiefs, Broncos).

Trade or cut Galloway and fill his spot with someone Brady knows & trusts.

Too bad Brady isn't the owner or the coach.

Do you think they trust him?

Deion Branch is the PERFECT player to bring in right now, especially given what ails us. Make it happen, and let bygones be bygones.

NFW

10 characters

He's dead to me.

It doesn't matter what the hell happened three years ago. If he can help this team this year, better than Galloway can, then he should be brought in at the right price.

That's all that matters. You're letting personal stuff cloud your judgment.

Greedy is back ?

Well , at least we can ignore him this season and resign him for 200.000 6 years on the offseason .

Oh wait, I forgot it, that boy does not respect the contracts .

If you were my GM and you took that stance, I would fire you.

I know this may be difficult for you to comprehend but I'm a fan, not the GM. Really, I'm not. Nor do I pretend to be such on the Internet.

I hate the greedy little **** for costing us the 2007 SB. Always will.

Rot in damp Seattle HELL Twig!

I know this may be difficult for you to comprehend but I'm a fan, not the GM. Really, I'm not. Nor do I pretend to be such on the Internet.

I hate the greedy little **** for costing us the 2007 SB. Always will.

Rot in damp Seattle HELL Twig!

None of that matters anymore. All that matters is whether or not he can help the Patriots win games this season.

The stance you're taking means that you obviously don't want the Pats to win more games this season. ;)

None of that matters anymore. All that matters is whether or not he can help the Patriots win games this season.

The stance you're taking means that you obviously don't want the Pats to win more games this season. ;)

I'd cut off my left nut (Dennis Leary style) before seeing that little sh!t on the Pats again.

Honestly, I can't believe the crap I'm reading in this thread. How exactly, could Branch help this team? By soaking up a fat salary while he sits on the bench while/or injured? By, seeing he's performed well in a game or two, cause a major disruption to the team to further his personal agenda? Right now, I prefer Edelman over Branch and Edelman has MUCH better upside.

The fact is he forced his way out of New England and you can't tell me our QB or coach have forgotten that. To somehow suggest he's somehow valuable enough to take that risk when you know what will happen is just foolish.

Foolish.

Honestly, I can't believe the crap I'm reading in this thread. How exactly, could Branch help this team? By soaking up a fat salary while he sits on the bench while/or injured? By, seeing he's performed well in a game or two, cause a major disruption to the team to further his personal agenda? Right now, I prefer Edelman over Branch and Edelman has MUCH better upside.

The fact is he forced his way out of New England and you can't tell me our QB or coach have forgotten that. To somehow suggest he's somehow valuable enough to take that risk when you know what will happen is just foolish.

Foolish.

What risk? If he gets traded to the Patriots, then he takes a pay cut, guaranteed. That tears apart your first point, about his fat salary. Of course Edelman has better upside, but I'm not sure we want to see him as the third option going into the stretch run. The thinking here isn't "foolish" at all; it's that you turn a late round pick or Galloway into something you will probably get something more out of: a presumably healthy Branch as a third option in this offense with Brady at the helm.

Foolish.

C'mon. It's not like the guy sold drugs to kids, shaved points or comitted high-treason. He wanted more money and got it. Doesn't mean he made the right decision. It's just means that he saw and opportunity to set himself up financially for the rest of his life and did it. Based on how things went down, the Pats had no intention of paying him. Branch was right as there was a market for him. End of story.

What I don't understand is how people on this board would rather have a F/O operate spitefully, hold a grudge and not explore every possible angle or opportunity for the team to improve? Seems short-sighted IMO.

If BB and the rest of the F/O made the determination that DB has a clean bill of heath and could help this team win a SB, people would still say, 'No we hate him. He hurt us fans. he wasn't loyal' and not want him?

That I don't get....

Last edited:
Right - because Branch has shown that he's willing to play to less money then he thinks he worth. How's that worked out in the past? And who says Branch is willing to walk away from a salary he's guaranteed this year? Let's face it, it's highly unlikely that Seattle is going to straight out cut him at this point in the season.

..and do you really Belichick is going to give him another chance to hold out when Branch thinks he has the most leverage?

Again, foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes