PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
the chargers were 6 points away from going 16-0. i think that counts them up there are one of the all time greatest, don't you?

No, the chargers weren't 6 points away from being 16-0. But you can delude yourself all you want.

Oh, and since you mentioned it, Almost only counts in horse shoes, hand grenades and nuclear bombs.

So, no, it doesn't count them up there as one of the all time greatest teams.

the chargers are built around pressuring the QB on defense, which is why SD fans have a "fetish" for sacks. i'm sure NE's defensive front shoots for high sack totals at the begining of the year.

no, they don't. team accomplishments matter more than individual.

the chargers were 6 points away from going 16-0. i think that counts them up there are one of the all time greatest, don't you?

Even if your losses are both by three, they are still losses. You can blame them on your kicker, or holder, or your turnovers - but they are still team losses.

The Pat's may have lost more and by larger spreads - but a loss is a loss and a win is a win. No one here can argue that any different - unless of course, they are an idiot.

6 points away from 16-0 is still not as good as 16-0.

Only if you win it all....

Regular season champions don't mean anything except having priority in the seeding of a playoff tournament. That goes in almost any sport.

in just the last 2 years I can count the '04 pats and '04 Steelers as better all-time teams. i might even buy last year's Colts as such.

If they win the SB this changes.

hey thanks for allowing me to post on your boards guys..Heres to an injury free game. I really think this is this year's superbowl. The ravens, in my opinion, should they get past indy (and dont let it shock u if indy wins) are in for it in the championship game.
Now let me preface my opinions by saying ive been coaching football for 10 years. Doesnt make me an expert or any MORE qualified to talk football than anyone else, just lettin you know where my opinions come from.
I laugh when people throw out stats and #'s from the past. Stats are SO not telling of what happened during the season. For example, a couple years ago, Indy had some decent stats in the rush defense department. Was it because they had some studs on the d-line? NO!!. It was because they were lighting people up on offense FORCING TEAMS TO ABANDON THEIR RUNNING GAME in hopes of keeping up in a shootout. In some ways the same thing has happened to the chargers this year. Is thier rush defense as good as the stats show? Probably not. But is thier defense as bad as the points allowed shows? Probably not. For example. If they are playing in a tight close ballgame, opposing teams arent likely to AIR IT OUT trying to keep up. In THIS LEAGUE when teams decide to AIR IT OUT, good luck holding them to 10 points, (I dont care WHO you are). And dont give me this crap about the Ravens. If the had ANY kind of offense, thier defensive statistics would look much different. Make no sense? fancy this scenario: Youre playing a team that you KNOW isnt going to do much on offense. As a coach you play more conservative since you KNOW one turnover might decide the game. Hence the Ravens being able to key on the conservative offense and look brilliant on defense. Are the good? Hell yeah they are. But all im saying is throw the stats out the window. I think its WAY FUN to talk mathcups and how certain players will perform against certain players, but to argue stats is laughable. And to react to "Spacecrime's" post on page 2, you spent a whole paragraph making so much sense, saying how stats can be used to say almost ANYTHING you want them to, and how ridulous it is to talk about them. Then you made my brain hurt when in THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE you said all that matters is the playoff records of the two coaches?!?!?!?! Holy crap, did you even read that before you clicked the button? Wasnt BB like 11-0 when they played Den last year? Didnt seem to help him then.
Also, i want to tell you Pats fans that your team in recent history has always been classy and free or showboats and its been refreshing to see a team like that have success!

The Chargers do have some decent depth, but I think that you over-rate it, just like you do everything else regarding the Chargers.

decent is an extremely conservative/homered description of the chargers' depth. they went 4-0 without the most dominant defensive player in the league.

Actually, No, New England's front 7 doesn't shoot for high sack totals. They never have. Their 3-4 front is based on a 2 gap system. Basically meaning that any pressure on the QB is supposed to come from the line-backers. But they would prefer to pressure the LB into a turnover (fumble or interception) than having a sack.

preferring a turnover to a sack does not mean that the defensive front is not aiming to sack the quarterback. any team in the NFL would prefer a turnover to a tackle for a loss. that doesn't make the patriots special. are you trying to argue that the patriots only rush the passer with their LB's and that the other lineman are there to take up space? i will assure you that the patriots DL tries to rush the passer and would gladly take a sack on every down if they could. perhaps you can explain to yourself why the patriots will cheer after a sack and not berate the tackler for not causing a turnover.

Actually, the PRO-BOWL is a popularity contest that involves the players, fans, coaches and writers. It does NOT necessarily recognize individual performances through-out the year. Its why Larry Izzo got elected 2 years ago, but he wasn't even the Pats best special teams player. Its why Rodney Harrison was, arguably, the best Strong Safety not named Reed and he got shafted.

Why shouldn't players and fans get excited about it? Its a farce of a football game. Heck, in the last few years, many players who have been elected have chosen NOT to go or go because they got injured in the only BOWL game that counts. The SUPER BOWL.

wrong, on a few counts there. the pro-bowl voting is for the players, fans, and coaches. writers' votes aren't given special consideration, they are counted as fans votes (since the writers would have to vote the same way that other fans do).

i'll agree with you that some of the voting is due to popularity and not performance, e.g., michael vick being named to the pro-bowl last year with terrible performances throughout the year.

for you to argue that the pro-bowl selections are worthless is comical. because your favorite players weren't selected you discount the value of the award? very childish. your opinion was not shared by 2/3 of the NFL universe (players + coaches + fans). sorry.

You must have been looking in the mirror when you wrote this statement. You've been proven wrong numerous times in this thread. But, keep it coming. I enjoy laughing at someone who attempts to put words into other people's mouths because they aren't smart enough to just read what is said.

you've been verbally owned time and time again in this thread.. maybe you should remove your homer glasses? or is it just that you can't comprehend what you're reading. i think it's a case of denial combined with delusion.

stats don't lie.

You right, try this one...............

Playoff record since (2000)
New England - 11-1 (3 titles)

San Diego - 0-1 (wild card loss last year)

Do you even have anyone on your team that knows how to win a playoff game? I know we have one that doesn't - Reche Caldwell (because he came from a team that 1- never makes it, or 2- loses when they do.

Not unless they win it all ;) Unless they do, the just because a team the shoulda, coulda, woulda........ too early to talk trash for you.

Originally Posted by DaBruinz said:
I love it when people attempt to put stuff in my mouth because they can't be bothered to actually READ. I also love it when they contradict themselves.

Weren't you the one telling everyone just a few posts ago that the Chargers had the game in hand and that they played their 2nd stringers for most of the 2nd half? If the game was in hand, then it wouldn't have mattered if they pulled all 11 starters, would it? Because the game was in hand.

Its amazing to see you back-pedal. Guys going in for ONE PLAY does not constitute your second stringers playing. That constitues normal rotation.

hmm, please show me where i told everyone just a few posts ago that the chargers had the game in hand and that they played their 2nd stringers for most of the 2nd half. i can't seem to find it.

i do recall saying that offensive players were pulled, namely rivers and ladanian (both due to injury).

"sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're an idiot rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

still waiting for your response to this one. when you're done "back pedaling" let me know. i'll accept your surrender.

If they don't WIN the SB it won't mean squat. We were 14-2 back to back years and went 6-0 in the playoffs. THAT is a great team. At least get to a SB.

Hell, Marty couldn't get to the Sb with Montana and the HFA when he was 13-3 during the regular season at KC.

decent is an extremely conservative/homered description of the chargers' depth. they went 4-0 without the most dominant defensive player in the league.

Only to people like yourself. Having a good back-up at one spot isn't the same as having good back-ups an numerous spots.

preferring a turnover to a sack does not mean that the defensive front is not aiming to sack the quarterback.

It does whn you are talking about the Patriots philosphy towards the game. Maybe you should not comment on things you clearly don't know ANYTHING about. Or, better yet, go read some books on the Patriots if you are going to insist on making comments about their team philosophy.

any team in the NFL would prefer a turnover to a tackle for a loss. that doesn't make the patriots special. are you trying to argue that the patriots only rush the passer with their LB's and that the other lineman are there to take up space? i will assure you that the patriots DL tries to rush the passer and would gladly take a sack on every down if they could. perhaps you can explain to yourself why the patriots will cheer after a sack and not berate the tackler for not causing a turnover.

All this is just garbage because you don't understand the pats philosophy. Its also because you are just truly ignorant in general and insist on making things up because you don't have a clue.

wrong, on a few counts there. the pro-bowl voting is for the players, fans, and coaches. writers' votes aren't given special consideration, they are counted as fans votes (since the writers would have to vote the same way that other fans do).

If the writers count as fans, then they count. You have this incessant need to try and prove people wrong, yet you contradict yourself in doing so because you simply can't be bothered to read what is actually said.

i'll agree with you that some of the voting is due to popularity and not performance, e.g., michael vick being named to the pro-bowl last year with terrible performances throughout the year.

for you to argue that the pro-bowl selections are worthless is comical. because your favorite players weren't selected you discount the value of the award? very childish. your opinion was not shared by 2/3 of the NFL universe (players + coaches + fans). sorry.

What is comical is that you think that the Pro-Bowl selections mean anything. They don't. The Pro-Bowl is a farce and half the best players aren't even there. And, for your information, it has nothing to do with who my favorite players are.

As for my opinion, since you can't prove it, I will counter with another statitistic that I can't prove and say that its probably closer to HALF the NFL universe doesn't care about the Pro-Bowl.

What is childish is the fact that you can't accept when you are wrong and you have to attempt to prove yourself right. What ends up happening is that you just make a bigger fool of yourself.

Like your claim that San Diego was putting in their 2nd stringers just because SD put 2 guys on the field for a series, yet all of their other starters were still on the field at the end of the game.

No, the chargers weren't 6 points away from being 16-0. But you can delude yourself all you want.

10/01 13-16 L @ BAL
10/22 27-30 L @ KC

so.... if the chargers are 14-2... and they only lost these two games... please explain how they weren't 6 points away from being 16-0. who's being delusional now?

Last edited:
You lost to the only REAL team you faced all year - Baltimore.

Denver was in shambles after the Cutler switch, Seattle has had a pourous defense all year, Cinci didn';t get their defense together until the final five games, Buffalose never had a shot, KC only got in because the Pats knocked off the Titans and Jaguars.

What about when we beat them in Denver, a beating that prompted the desperate switch to Cutler?

What about you guys getting walloped at home by those same Broncos? Or getting pounded by Miami? Or losing to an Indy team that was worked over by the Texans and the Titans in the 2nd half of the season? Or losing to a Jets team that only beat one team with a winning record all year (you guys)?

Last edited:
you've been verbally owned time and time again in this thread.. maybe you should remove your homer glasses? or is it just that you can't comprehend what you're reading. i think it's a case of denial combined with delusion.

*ROFLMAO* Dude, you are the one who has been owned and are delusional.

Keep up the BS. I am laughing my arse off every time you post and I get to prove you wrong.

You right, try this one...............

Playoff record since (2000)
New England - 11-1 (3 titles)

San Diego - 0-1 (wild card loss last year)

Do you even have anyone on your team that knows how to win a playoff game? I know we have one that doesn't - Reche Caldwell (because he came from a team that 1- never makes it, or 2- loses when they do.

for starters, the chargers weren't in the playoffs last year. they lost four of the first seven games by a total of 12 points. then lost again on 12/11 by 2. the chargers are rarely blown out in a game, over the past few seasons they have been losing close games. the difference is that this year the chargers have been winning those close games. take a look at the 05 season yourself:

09/11 24-28 L DAL
09/18 17-20 L at DEN
09/25 45-23 W NYG
10/02 41-17 W at NE
10/10 22-24 L PIT
10/16 27-14 W at OAK
10/23 17-20 L at PHI
10/30 28-20 W KC
11/06 31-26 W at NYJ
11/20 48-10 W BUF
11/27 23-17 W at WAS
12/04 34-10 W OAK
12/11 21-23 L MIA
12/18 26-17 W at IND
12/24 7-20 L at KC
12/31 7-23 L DEN

*ROFLMAO* Dude, you are the one who has been owned and are delusional.

Keep up the BS. I am laughing my arse off every time you post and I get to prove you wrong.

you seem to laugh when you're nervous and uncomfortable... still working on answering my other posts? you try to ignore comments where you're proven wrong, and you aren't capable of admitting you're wrong. it's called "maturity".

What about when we beat them in Denver, a beating that prompted the desperate switch to Plummer?

What about you guys getting walloped at home by those same Broncos? Or getting pounded by Miami? Or losing to an Indy team that was worked over by the Texans and the Titans in the 2nd half of the season? Or losing to a Jets team that only beat one team with a winning record all year (you guys)?

SSSSHHHHH.... you're going to wake them up.. they've been dreaming all day. :D

still waiting for your response to this one. when you're done "back pedaling" let me know. i'll accept your surrender.

Ok, I missed your previous post because I was reading other threads. OH, and unlike you, my reading comprehension far exceeds yours since you are the one putting words into people's mouths and making up BS when you post.

1) Its amazing how your reading ability stinks. You were asked a simple question. All you had to do was answer it with "No, i wasn't the one who said that the Chargers took out their starters for most of the 2nd half" Instead, you act like a reject and don't answer the question and insist on putting words in my mouth. As you have done through-out this entire thread.

2) I have no reason to surrender because I haven't done any back-pedaling in this thread.

3) I will re-word my question so that it applies to directly to what you said since I did goof and attribute some other things to you that another SDfan said.

Why wouldn't San Diego put in its 11 back-ups on defense since you would like to claim that they are all so great? Or each 7 of 11? Rotating in your normal subs is not "playing your second stringers" is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes