PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, has anyone noticed the fetish SD fans have about a) sacks and b) Pro-Bowlers.

The Pats every year have very few Pro-Bowlers. The Patriots are a deep team. You may beat them with your starters, but they will get you in the end with their depth.

The Dan Snyder School of Football Management is looking creative young people in SD.

the chargers this year are the definition of depth. they didn't miss a beat when merriman was suspended, going 4-0 in his absence. they've won 10 in a row without luis castillo at full strength, and with merriman's mirror image (phillips) missing games with a calf injury also. igor olshansky has been replaced after being hurt, and steve foley was SHOT!

the chargers are built around pressuring the QB on defense, which is why SD fans have a "fetish" for sacks. i'm sure NE's defensive front shoots for high sack totals at the begining of the year.

pro-bowl designations are a way for the league to recognize individual performances throughout the year. why shouldn't players and fans be excited about that? i would guess it's only because the pro-bowl santa clause overlooked many of your favorite players this year.

So what. Virtually every team we played in the last half of the year was fighting for the playoffs, and we beat them all--Cincy, Denver (twice), Buffalo, KC and Seattle.

You lost to the only REAL team you faced all year - Baltimore.

Denver was in shambles after the Cutler switch, Seattle has had a pourous defense all year, Cinci didn';t get their defense together until the final five games, Buffalose never had a shot, KC only got in because the Pats knocked off the Titans and Jaguars.

The chargers have done NOTHING yet. Get back to me Feb 5th

done nothing? did you miss the entire NFL season? someone give this guy a schedule so that he doesn't miss out on the 2007 regular season.

Marty couldn't get to the Sb with a 13-3 Cheif team with the great Joe Montana at QB and home field advantage, but with the struggling Rivers at QB tehy are a mortal lock.

ROTFLMAO.

so teams are expected to pull all 11 starters and throw in 11 backups with homefield advantage still on the line? thanks for the insight.

I love it when people attempt to put stuff in my mouth because they can't be bothered to actually READ. I also love it when they contradict themselves.

Weren't you the one telling everyone just a few posts ago that the Chargers had the game in hand and that they played their 2nd stringers for most of the 2nd half? If the game was in hand, then it wouldn't have mattered if they pulled all 11 starters, would it? Because the game was in hand.

Its amazing to see you back-pedal. Guys going in for ONE PLAY does not constitute your second stringers playing. That constitues normal rotation.

You lost to the only REAL team you faced all year - Baltimore.

Denver was in shambles after the Cutler switch, Seattle has had a pourous defense all year, Cinci didn';t get their defense together until the final five games, Buffalose never had a shot, KC only got in because the Pats knocked off the Titans and Jaguars.

CHARGERS: 2 losses by a total of 6 points
lost to Baltimore in Baltimore by 3 points, with nate kaeding missing a field goal, and our place holder fumbling the snap on another. if those two kicks are made, the chargers win by 3.

lost to KC in arrowhead stadium by 3 points. turnovers cost us that game.

NEW ENGLAND: 4 losses by a total of 41 points

lost to denver at home by 10.

lost to the colts at home by 7.

lost to the jets at home by 3.

shut out at miami by 21.

it would be hard to make a case that the chargers weren't "in" every game that they played this year. stats don't lie.

done nothing? did you miss the entire NFL season? someone give this guy a schedule so that he doesn't miss out on the 2007 regular season.

The Colts did the past three years. How many championships do they have

Welcome back to reality

yes, the chargers beating seattle and KC without 2 receivers is impressive.

the patriots winning two SB's while leading the league in games missed by starters is also impressive, but it doesn't discount what the chargers did.

try again, shakespeare.

Actually, it DOES discount what the Chargers did. You Charger fans just GROSSLY over-rate everything your team does.

And, sorry, its not impressive when you actually look at the progressions. McCardell and Parker are the 3rd and 4th receiving options on your base passing offense a majority of the time. So, them moving up Jackson and Floyd (and then Osgood when Floyd went down) is not a big deal. Especially since they have Jackson pencilled in to McCardell's spot next season with Floyd being the #3.

I love it when people attempt to put stuff in my mouth because they can't be bothered to actually READ. I also love it when they contradict themselves.

Weren't you the one telling everyone just a few posts ago that the Chargers had the game in hand and that they played their 2nd stringers for most of the 2nd half? If the game was in hand, then it wouldn't have mattered if they pulled all 11 starters, would it? Because the game was in hand.

Its amazing to see you back-pedal. Guys going in for ONE PLAY does not constitute your second stringers playing. That constitues normal rotation.

hmm, please show me where i told everyone just a few posts ago that the chargers had the game in hand and that they played their 2nd stringers for most of the 2nd half. i can't seem to find it.

i do recall saying that offensive players were pulled, namely rivers and ladanian (both due to injury).

"sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're an idiot rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

These Charger fans are quite annoying. Is it just me, or are they making the same arguments that Colt fans were making in 2004/2005? Pro Bowls, pretty stats, regular season. Geez. I'm laying 3-1 that none of these clowns show up here next Monday to eat their humble pie. Keep talking, you have 5 more days to do so.

The Colts did the past three years. How many championships do they have

Welcome back to reality

so by your count nobody accomplishes anything unless they win the superbowl. hmm... i'd say what the colts did in the regular season last year was pretty good. they were unbeaten until the chargers took them down in the RCA dome.

talk about an all or nothing attitude.. the super bowl isn't until feburary. using your own mentality, go crawl in your hole and come out when it's over.

Classic. Luckily the Patriots haven't had any injuries to anyone, right? Idiot. Yea, we feel real bad that your juiced up anabolic addict LB got suspended. Thats a great excuse.

lived in maine for a few years and love the passion new englanders bring for the sox and pats. they have an amazing fan base. here is where my opinion on merriman differs from yours.

Read the following and ask yourself why would Merriman risk his reputation and career on such a mild enhancement and one that's hard to maintain?? Doesn't make sense. Anyway lets see what happens in the off season with regards to a lawsuit. Until then, innocent 'til proven guilty.

Urine analysis as a method of detecting nandrolone abuse has recently become somewhat controversial, following studies by the University of Aberdeen showing that the metabolite product can also show up in urine in quantities above the upper limit from a combination of high-protein diets utilising the legal nutritional supplement creatine and hard cardiovascular exercise. The reason for this unexpected result has not been determined. Another possible reason for a false positive result is the consumption of beef from cattle treated with steroids including nandrolone (used in overturning the verdict against the bobsleigh racer, Lenny Paul). Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has also shown false positives in some and was cited by American Shotputter C.J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test. As a result of the numerous overturned verdicts, the testing procedure was reviewed by UK Sport

For those of you looking to use nandrolone as your only steroid, be aware that the gains on nandrolone are not only mild, but also quite hard to maintain. Nandrolone, in the first place due to its combined estrogenic/progestagenic properties, is quite suppressive of the natural testosterone production. Since it actively participates at three receptors its very quick and merciless when it comes to giving negative feedback to the release of gonadotropin releasing hormone from the hypothalamus. But then one also has to take into account its affinity for esterases, making it stay active in the body significantly longer than most hormones. Because that means upon cessation of nandrolone-use you'll still be under quite suppressive conditions, there simply isn't enough intrinsic anabolism available to support the mass you gained, resulting in a rather quick and inglorious reduction of weight.

???or was it a shot in the rear end in an alley? anabolic no! i simply believe that merriman was not intentionally shooting roids but to each his own. he tested negative in august and has tested cleanly ever since. he also tested cleanly every test prior to his negative in august.

he also worked hard on his cardio this past offseason
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060530-9999-lz1s30merri.html

what say you?

so by your count nobody accomplishes anything unless they win the superbowl. hmm... i'd say what the colts did in the regular season last year was pretty good. they were unbeaten until the chargers took them down in the RCA dome.

talk about an all or nothing attitude.. the super bowl isn't until feburary. using your own mentality, go crawl in your hole and come out when it's over.

The goal in the NFl is to win the SB, no one here has said the Chargers aren't a good team, but you guy are crazy homers in the way you view your club as an all time gereat team

the chargers this year are the definition of depth. they didn't miss a beat when merriman was suspended, going 4-0 in his absence. they've won 10 in a row without luis castillo at full strength, and with merriman's mirror image (phillips) missing games with a calf injury also. igor olshansky has been replaced after being hurt, and steve foley was SHOT!

The Chargers do have some decent depth, but I think that you over-rate it, just like you do everything else regarding the Chargers.

the chargers are built around pressuring the QB on defense, which is why SD fans have a "fetish" for sacks. i'm sure NE's defensive front shoots for high sack totals at the begining of the year.

Actually, No, New England's front 7 doesn't shoot for high sack totals. They never have. Their 3-4 front is based on a 2 gap system. Basically meaning that any pressure on the QB is supposed to come from the line-backers. But they would prefer to pressure the LB into a turnover (fumble or interception) than having a sack.

pro-bowl designations are a way for the league to recognize individual performances throughout the year. why shouldn't players and fans be excited about that? i would guess it's only because the pro-bowl santa clause overlooked many of your favorite players this year.

Actually, the PRO-BOWL is a popularity contest that involves the players, fans, coaches and writers. It does NOT necessarily recognize individual performances through-out the year. Its why Larry Izzo got elected 2 years ago, but he wasn't even the Pats best special teams player. Its why Rodney Harrison was, arguably, the best Strong Safety not named Reed and he got shafted.

Why shouldn't players and fans get excited about it? Its a farce of a football game. Heck, in the last few years, many players who have been elected have chosen NOT to go or go because they got injured in the only BOWL game that counts. The SUPER BOWL.

These Charger fans are quite annoying. Is it just me, or are they making the same arguments that Colt fans were making in 2004/2005? Pro Bowls, pretty stats, regular season. Geez. I'm laying 3-1 that none of these clowns show up here next Monday to eat their humble pie. Keep talking, you have 5 more days to do so.

frustration is common when you are proven wrong AND you lack the eloquence to defend your own opinions. my posts have invited others to state their opinions and to also support them with factual data. unfortunately some pat homers haven't been able to keep up with the pack.

The goal in the NFl is to win the SB, no one here has said the Chargers aren't a good team, but you guy are crazy homers in the way you view your club as an all time gereat team

the chargers were 6 points away from going 16-0. i think that counts them up there are one of the all time greatest, don't you?

because you guys keep mentioning pro bowl designations as if they're relevant to who wins Sunday's game.

some pats fans still get riled up over the lack of patriots pro bowlers. most of us just sit back and laugh while the team beats teams with many more.

start bringing something more to the table than how man pro bowlers the Chargers have. it didn't help st louis, indy, philly, pittsburg, etc.

The second place team is the first loser. Your team has done nothing this year or in the past. Just year upon year of misery. :D

frustration is common when you are proven wrong AND you lack the eloquence to defend your own opinions. my posts have invited others to state their opinions and to also support them with factual data. unfortunately some pat homers haven't been able to keep up with the pack.

You must have been looking in the mirror when you wrote this statement. You've been proven wrong numerous times in this thread. But, keep it coming. I enjoy laughing at someone who attempts to put words into other people's mouths because they aren't smart enough to just read what is said.

Well, the only thing that matters is this sunday afternoon, the results of all other games and their stats mean what now??

We have an o.k. qb and he can score a copule points too, so if we can focus on LT (the class of the NFL may I add) and let the secondary worry primarily about Gates, we got a shot.

We never backed into the playoffs so we are an o.k. team don't forget...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft